• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Black Gate - Jass Optimizer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello Hive!

We are looking for an experienced Jasser to help us streamline the script in our map.

We are running on simple triggers at the moment with some JASS included to prevent memory leaks in game.

The script is functioning just fine now, but it seems we are starting to outgrow our box! :vw_death:

Now a quick map description. I will post images later.

10 players; Scientists stranded on a planet that has an unusual orbit between two suns. Temperature varies massively throughout each "year".

Some nights are bearable, but in most circumstances, either far too cold or too hot to survive on the surface.

The solution?

Move underground-

This planet is dead, but there was a thriving civilization here! The old race, the Pathfinders, lived in great stacked cities underground within a cavernous network of tunnels and (almost) pitch black expanse.

The scientists have dubbed this space the "Void".

The cities here were technologicaly astounding; each was home to a unique branch of science that powered a number of different machine constructs.

These cities, though amazingly progressive, fell silent millenia ago.

Colletis%20City.jpg

Ignesium%20City.jpg

Quarus%20City.jpg

The Objective-

Rebuild the cities, reactivate the constructs, and survive.

Aethran.jpg

On%20Guard.jpg

The scientists are the most important thing in game. If they die it's game over.

The second most important thing in game is the city spire, from which all research and production stems.

A%20Spire%20Falls.jpg

----

Cities are upgraded according their own unique branch of technological innovation.

City Upgrades will include

-Defenses

-Super Weapons

-Area Buffs

-Special Unit Access

-Tower Upgrades

And more...

-general upgrades and research (non city specific) is included for all cities-

----

Scientists choose their cities at the start of the game, with each player running in search of a single underground tunnel leading away from the surface.

These tunnels are never the same.

But they do provide hints as to where they will lead. Players can choose whether or not they want to follow or move on.

Time is short at this stage. The planet is swiftly being pulled into the orbit of a smaller sun, which vies for control of it's orbit yearly.

The planet trades its green zone orbit in favor of a far more unstable range. Temperatures approach 500 kelvin during day time hours and drop to 144 kelvin (well below freezing) at night.

Before this change occurs, the players must find an entrance underground.

----

There are 2 common resources and 6 uncommon resources in game.

Trade is an invaluable aspect of this game as resources spawns are randomized, giving some players monopolies over uncommon goods.

The spawn rate is adjustable, so that players will not be forced to trade-this may however, detract from the game-play experience-

Resourcing.jpg

----

Player 11 acts as the main antagonist in game, but can be turned off according to game mode.

Possible Game Modes Include-

Survival/Conquest- Against Player 11 (The Black City) with players given the option of forming alliances or declaring war on each other.

Dig- Unnatural orbit brings the planet too close to the smaller sun, rapidly heating the crust. Players must work together to prepare for the increase of heat as it creeps deeper into the crust.

Black- The smaller sun flings the planet into cold space. Players must gather energy from within the planet to keep from freezing. Lighting will be necessary at certain points to survive.

Combination Survival- Either of the two environmental disaster modes combined with survival mode against Player 11.

Other Modes are Currently Under Consideration

----

The surface will be a playable area later in game and accessible via constructs and structures that have temperature adaptation upgrades.

The surface opens up a host of technologies that will be used underground and is also a place to find resources that cannot be found in the void.

Surface.jpg

---

Questions?

Interested? Let me know :D

Map is here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=uho08n

You will need the Newgen editor to view this map.

I know, it's pretty huge...

It's a good thing here :)

Last edited:
Level 7
Your map idea sounds very great!

I took a quick look on your map and I saw a bunch of triggers that could be optimized a little or more.. :p
I could help you if you want. :)

To me: I'm coding wc3 maps since some years now. But sadly never really finished my maps (because I always did things I couldn't do and skipped anything else. Doing huge projects alone is hard without motivation..).

I'm currently working on a hero defense with complete unique gamestyle (for example an advanced revive system where all mates have to work as a team to revive dead players).

If you are interested feel free to send me a message!

Status
Not open for further replies.