• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Elder Scrolls Oblivion: Aftermath - Recruiting Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Map Creators
Urgan and DemonSlayer98

Current Stage of Map
Late Beta

Gameplay

For many of you who have played The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, the setting is very familiar. However, this will not play like an RPG. The maps gameplay is spawn based. If you've ever played a game like Broken Alliance, or Conflict of Sereg D'or, you'll be a little familiar with how to play.

The story [admittedly hastily made] is that... because the Emperor of Tamriel is dead after the events that took place in Oblivion, the realm of Cyrodiil has a lot of political conflict. Everyone has an opinion on who they want to lead their now Emporerless Empire. The arguments get so heated that one by one, the large cities in Cyrodiil get into conflict with one another, and that’s where the player comes in.

During the beginning of the game, two Dialog boxes will pop up allowing players to vote for either a Free For All game, or a game that allows teams of two. There will also be another dialog box asking if players would like to randomly select their cities, or manually select them.

If the option is to chosen to manually select cities, than players will be given a hero, named after Birthsign [i.e. The Apprentice, The Tower, ect], and they will have to manually run to the location of the city they would like to lead.

For gameplay purposes, there are 8 cities. The 8th city is sadly not Kvatch. The story is that the fighting between Anvil and Skingrad has ruined any chance of rebuilding Kvatch anytime soon, so refugees from Kvatch, as well as refugees from other parts of Cyrodiil, have made a new city [cleverly named New Kvatch] out in the East, south of Cheydinhal.

Heroes

There are 3 Heroes currently planned for the game
  • Champion of the Fighters Guild - This Hero can be acquired from choosing to advance your city's Fighters Guild
  • Disciple of the Nine - This Hero is acquired when building a Temple of the Nine in your city. Depending on what god you choose to support, the hero will have a unique Aura
  • Altmer Wizard - This Hero can be acquired from choosing to advance your city's Mages Guild

[Note: You can only support one guild in your city. Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Thieves Guild are the current supported guild. Thieves Guild does not have a hero planned at this time, but the advanced guild will unlock a lot of unique actions]

Basic Mechanics

The game is simple to play. Once you reach your city, and you "select it", you will be given the castle of that city, ownership of the gates, and the city barracks. From the Barracks and the Castle you can purchase upgrades to your city to automatically place additional buildings, increase unit spawn, upgrade different guilds located in your city... ect ect..

Income

Income in the game is not gained from killing enemy players.

Every city also starts off with two farms. These farms spawn horses. The horses, depending on who owns the farm, go the stables of the city who owns them... explodes [I thought it’d be funny], and gives the player money. You can capture other farms by attacking an enemy farm.

You can also get income from buying a Huntress Spawn. When this unit kills a deer found throughout the wildlife, you will receive a small amount of money for your kill

Finally, recruiting thieves from the Thieves guild can steal money from an enemy city if they successfully sneak into their stables.

Features
  • Advance in Mages, Fighters, or Thieves Guild Specialization for your city, offering unique benefits depending on who you choose to support
  • Choose one of the Nine Divines to give the people who fight for you a special blessing depending on who you choose
  • Depending on what city you choose, will offer you a "special" building, that no other city will have, each doing different things.
  • Partake in special quests that unlock units/buildings to further your city's cause

newmapscreen.jpg

What is this Post For?

The Map is in it's very late stages. We're looking for a good group of testers to help polish and balance the game. Since the map is in it's very late stages, we aren't looking for major suggestions that would require us to remake the map totally [i.e. "The map needs to be bigger," "Make it an RPG,"]

What I'd need testers to look for is balance between units and guilds, as well as special buildings for each city. I'll need testers to help search for game breaking bugs/systems that can be exploited.

Suggestions on how to make the game play smoother/faster/make it a lot more fun is also appreciated.

Testing will take place on BNET USEast.

If you have MSN or AIM, that is a plus, please feel free to PM me it.

My Username on USEast is Urgan.

If you're interested in joining, post on this thread or send me a private message with your USEast account name, MSN or AIM Screen name [if applicable] and what times you can be on to test.

Thanks for your interest!

Level 2
I'm also on Northrend, but I have a fairly powerful internet connection on fibreoptic cable (measured to 110mbits downstream and 20mbits upstream using http://www.bredbandskollen.se on a busy saturday afternoon with intense general internet usage, also high-speed router, exclusively cat6 cables, Killer NIC M1 with optimized Linux/XP32 netstacks, etc) that juuust might solicitate some kind of playing.

I'm also good at detecting bugs in the script during runtime, and I'm a veteran debugger/"flawfinder". If you'd like, I could offer to take a look at your code (wich I, based on nothing, believe to be quite excellent) just in case we could take it an extra level. Also, just to be clear, I'm a devoted anti-mapstealer (and besides, I'm not interested in "ripping" anything at all from your map. What the hell am I doing here if not to make my OWN code/terrain/etc?).

If you're at all interested, please contact me and I'll be very happy to supply you guys with honest feedback on your project while remaining inside the conceptual framework you have assigned it (as opposed to going "Lulz maek it an RPG!!11").

Last edited:
Level 3
Well I'm most of the time on in Northend but i can help beta test and look for balancing problems and Bugs. Only problem is that i only would be avaible on Weekends.
Pm me if you accept me
UsEast username :Blackhell120

Status
Not open for further replies.