• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW- Rpg Style Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
im creating a map that i havent seen anyone else do

it consists of the horde and the alliance, there will be 5 human players on each team and aswell the horde and alliance will be controlled by ai

it's a huge map, and contains several major cities from WoW as well as some smaller cities.

Game Play:
you start the game by picking ONE hero, there will be the regular classes, such as paladin, hunter, rogue. and as well subclasses death Knight's, ASssasin', and so on.
Also there will be extra Classes made from scratch, yet to be created.

If you were to pick an undead hero, you'd start in a small undead city outside of the major city, in this case braille, thats (probably spelled wrong, bare with me).

you will then venture off into the land, finding quests, killing monsters(of course), Level yourself, And your profession.
You will fight alongside the Faction your within and your human allies
theres a limit on how many heros each human player can obtain, the max for now is four. you get these other heros by doing several different things, defeating bosses, killing oposing faction major people, Chain Quests, Finding items, Buying there sevices(so buying them), sometimes it may be random, they would walk up to you in the wilderness and resquest to be apart of thier group, if you find a hero corpse, you can revive it and he/she will become apart of your party, there are other ways to gain heros aswell.

As i said before, there are several major cities, the opposing factions, wish to destroy them.
Heres were it gets interesting.
At a Certain point in the game, determined by either your level, how long the games been going on, how well your doing, or another factor.
City raids
will become available.

OBJECTIVE:
In order to win the game
you must destroy the opposing factions MAIN MAJOR CITY (Ogrimmar/StormWind) as well as two OTHER Major cities(IronForge/Underity, ect).
You can call upon these raids at the "war" section of any major city.

So if I'm in the IronForge, i can go to the area in which i can call upon a raid,
i will then get the option (FROM THAT CITY), to raid another.

So in other terms the IronForge can only raid certain city's, such as undercity or thunderbluff.
when you decide to raid, you would "buy" an item, (item will be used instantly) and forces throughout the map will gather at the major city you CALLED the raid at, so in this case IronForge, and will attack the city of your choice(determined before, by which item you Bought)

i wrote this rather fast
and it probably doesn't make much sense right now, ask a question and i will get back to you quickly.

I'm looking for anyone who wants to help, or is interested
any position is available really.

Last edited:
Level 8
I've seen VERY similar maps to this idea. I assume you are inexperienced in mapping because of your join date (near mine, but I mapped for ages, so I guess you could be skilled). Very few projects of this scale ever get completed because they are so gargantuan.

Why not base it on a different game, or on your imagination. What will set this map apart from others of its genre? Can you get a team together? Are you going to finish it?

Make sure that you parts done in their completion before moving on. If you do a bit of hero-ing, a bit of terraining, a bit of triggering, you will never get done.

As I always say, good luck with your map, I hope you make it unique and fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.