• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The AMA Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Hello, people.

The recent AMA trend is nice and all, but is spiraling a bit out of control. In a way it breaches §6 of the site rules. Instead of closing it all down, I have moved most of them to SE, and will enforce that in the future too.

The difference between the recent ones and the earlier ones (which have been left in OT), i.e. Ash's http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/ask-psychologist-anything-276585/ and Squiggy's http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/ask-fansubber-almost-anything-278081/, is that the latter have clear intended purposes beyond Q&A socializing.

Just letting you know why this has been done so there's no confusion. I will add a line to the Off-Topic rules about this.

Regards,
fladdermasken

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...]
And it started all so well. Thanks @all who fucked it up, seriously.
[...]

So true.

For not-so-serious questions, leading to no consequences, I believe the Magic 8ball thread fits.

Regarding who opens such threads : please ask yourselves who they are, what their age is, since when they joined the Hive, what feelings they have already expressed in other threads, and from there connect all the dots together. Ah, and properly read the respective OPs of such threads, too.

And no, their motive is not to get quick fame imho.

@fladdermasken : sensible decision here. :thumbs_up:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Closed because the thread has served its purpose.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.