• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

That's No Moon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I noticed is that many of the new people (or their friends) make countless threads that usually contain ''Why can't you see me?''-things. Which is unsuprisingly obvious to everyone here.

What I fail to see in the Registering page is a psychical warning that says you are ignored for a few days (read: in order to reduce spambots).

I advise to remove/reduce the Ignore status to (example) 12 hours and/or notify in the registering's page that the new member is ignored for safety.

It's a space station.

Level 14
I agree with notifying registering users (even is 99% don't read anything anyways), but I disagree with reducing or removing the Ignore status duration.

Level 1
I agree with notifying registering users(even is 99% don't read anything anyways) , but I disagree with reducing or removing the Ignore status duration.
I agree with this part.

I agree with notifying registering users (even is 99% don't read anything anyways), but I disagree with reducing or removing the Ignore status duration.
Why? Can you tell why is it needed?

Level 34
is when u first register the site automatically ignores you for a few days?
why is it needed [for bots] but why? what does it do to stop bots?

Bots -when not controlled by a human- automaticly register at any targeted site and right after they register, they post the most disgusting things you ever have seen.

The registering on this site must be manually (read: the "Are You A Bot? Y/N" question) done or the 'victim' has to face the banhammer.

Level 14
Because on WC3C, we're vigilant about removing users upon the first sensible post they make.
Zelda.Alex said:
Why? Can you tell why is it needed?
Because it gives admins a chance to review their IPs, their contributions (quality of posts), and so forth before unleashing them upon the site. The only reason it defaults after 3 days is because none of the admins actually spend any time reviewing users so a time limit was necessary.

Level 2
There ARE no notifications, and I prove it myself.

My idea is to make them all compose a Introduction thread.

If a bot can do that, so what? We'd know a bot when you look at it.

Level 18
I thought WILLTHEALMIGHTY made a Sticky.
I had the ignore on the first few days and to get that 'Introduce yourself to the Hive' thing when your messages are ignored is so annoying. So ye, I did make a thread to ask others since I couldn't even see my own messages when offline and neither could BoboJazz (who got me on the Hive).

Status
Not open for further replies.