• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thank you 1.24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Hello, I have a problem with my map, Pandaren RPG. Before I get to the problem part, I have to tell you something really funny... I've been using the 1.21 version of Wc3 the whole time... I know, funny. So I guess that also makes my map being version 1.21 map, I don't know... so the problem is, I can't test my map ingame using 1.23 or 1.24. Why? I don't know.

But what exactly happens is, while I'm inside WE, and I press the "Test Map" button, loading screen shows up and it starts loading. It loads, around 50% and then it just crashes, without an error message, warning or else...

Linaze, Debode and I have tried to see what could be the source of the problem. It's not the imports, it's not the triggers, it's not the object editor... is there any possible way that I can convert my map so it becoms playable with 1.24? If you know what could be the problem, I can send you the map.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention. Right now I have two versions of Wc3, one is 1.21 and other one is 1.24. With 1.21 I can test it, with 1.24 I can't.

SOLVED

Last edited:
Level 34
You know, the strangest thing just happened... after seeing ragingspeedhorn's post I though "damn... that's going to be hard". So I create a new map, name it "panda", set the size to 256x256, save and exit WE. Then I open WE again, opened "Pandaren RPG" map and I first tried to copy one ability. I copy it, open map "panda" again, when I tried to paste it, BOOM!! All the abilities, doodads, units, destructibles and items from Pandaren RPG have been transfered, except they were all missing names, icons and tooltips. :/

What the hell?!

(The bigger problem are imports... lots of models and icons... -_-')

Level 49
Hello, I have a problem with my map, Pandaren RPG. Before I get to the problem part, I have to tell you something really funny... I've been using the 1.21 version of Wc3 the whole time... I know, funny. So I guess that also makes my map being version 1.21 map, I don't know... so the problem is, I can't test my map ingame using 1.23 or 1.24. Why? I don't know.

But what exactly happens is, while I'm inside WE, and I press the "Test Map" button, loading screen shows up and it starts loading. It loads, around 50% and then it just crashes, without an error message, warning or else...

Linaze, Debode and I have tried to see what could be the source of the problem. It's not the imports, it's not the triggers, it's not the object editor... is there any possible way that I can convert my map so it becoms playable with 1.24? If you know what could be the problem, I can send you the map.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention. Right now I have two versions of Wc3, one is 1.21 and other one is 1.24. With 1.21 I can test it, with 1.24 I can't.

Friky, there's a big chance it's in either the object editor data or the triggers. I already told you I removed all custom object data and it worked.

Level 34
Problem solved! Linaze suggested that the problem might be with the "Unknown" abilities, which turned out to be correct. There were a few Unknows with units, and most of them at the items. When I deleted the abilities, I forgot to remove them from their users. I guess I won't be needing a new map, but thank you all for your help, debode and Linaze especially!

Status
Not open for further replies.