• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tfk

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Deleted 10/31/14

Keywords:
none
Contents

TFK (Map)

Reviews
20:16, 26th Apr 2013 Orcnet: what a gorgeous map and lovely game, so lovely it sinks directly in my childhood, although you need to give more info about the gameplay, changelogs, updates, and credits, any else map is fine and very good (...

M

20:16, 26th Apr 2013
Orcnet: what a gorgeous map and lovely game, so lovely it sinks directly in my childhood, although you need to give more info about the gameplay, changelogs, updates, and credits, any else map is fine and very good :)

StoPCampinGn00b: Rejected for map being "deleted" by author and spam on the front page.

Level 13
i need more description.....

I was so busy lately but promise I will add more description next version.

Whats new LOR v1.0.3?

-3rd job will be available.
-3rd alternate job ex. RK=Death Knight Etc...
-Guild Skill will be learn (Player one has the authority to activate guild skills.) after claiming guild castle.
-Event: Boss Rush>Auto summon random MPV around Prontera.
-Mini Games: Hide n' Sick >(Location Morroc)Required 3+ player to activate the mini-games, All players intstantly telepoted at Morroc, 1 random selected player will have a curse in particular time(s) this cursed player need to chase other player to pass the cursed, after particular time event(s) player who survived the mini-games earn (Hero Badge+Items) while cursed player don't.
-Mini Games:Temple Run >(1 Player Only per time)Scape from the stamped of horde inside Odins Temple and earn More gold+Hero Badge.

Looks promising? I really don't know but if my free times agree, time will reveal. :ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

Last edited:
Level 3
Not enough information was given, and at the start I was playing blind. Luckily I have some prior knowledge of RO so I could advance but my friends who aren't really MMO players, and did not play at the time when RO was popular, were really lost.

Everyone is hostile at the start? Is there a command to ally each other because for the whole game we all played as enemies. Everyone being hostile also defeats the purpose of any PvP arena.

An option to remove cam-lock would be nice. I know, I know, it counters the original RO and removes immersion but some people, like me, just can't stand it.

Also when we saved and reloaded as novices we lost all our items and pots, made it extra hard to level up.

Also, to new guys, maybe you can set the nearby fields to contain weaker monsters. Usually when you set out and you see creeps, you automatically assume that they are the starting ones you should farm. Maybe move the horns somewhere else and add Fabres and Porings.

Level 1
How i can view the commands ? if there is any.

Also found a bug,
If you play straight 1-30 no quits the past jobs skill is maxed, but when you load the code the skills reverts to level 1.

Last edited:

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
Hello jxtranghero, I love your map, the Legend of Ragnarok. It has an immense world with tons of different hero classes. I love your terrain and the effort you put into it. The custom doodads are right on and your city layouts are very nice. I like the different dungeons and the variety of creeps you put into the whole world. There are tons of different creatures to be found, and I love the fact that the world doesn't group all the strong and weak creatures together. You can find weak and strong creatures throughout the world, which many RPGs don't have. I also loved the fact that only the bosses and a couple other enemies were hostile. (I'm curious, was that beetle in the middle of the map and those Mandragoras supposed to be hostile to me? The beetle was neutral hostile, and the mandragoras were owned by Brown. No one had attacked them.) You have to attack or cast a spell to make the others hostile. Because of these facts, Legend of Ragnarok had a beautiful "open" and "relaxed" feel. You weren't forced to do quests, and you could explore the world at your leisure without being forced to fight anything. The music also contributed to the relazed feel. It was suited perfectly to the map, and it still hasn't gotten annoying to me after two hours of grinding. Next, your heroes were quite cool. I loved how all players started off as a Novice and had so many possible job changes. However, it was sort of a pain finding the job changer. I didn't have any knowledge of the Ragnarok world and was given no notifications of what town I was in. I had to go back to the Hive and check screenshots to know what town I was to look for. (Thank god you labeled those pictures or I would never have found what job I wanted.) All the heroes seemed rather balanced, and all had nice, custom spells. I liked how all the spells from the previous job carried over to the next, levels and all. However, when you load, all the levels get removed and the spell becomes level 1. I don't think that's right. Also, when you rank up, you don't get the extra skillpoints to spend on your new skills, however, if you save your hero and load him ingame, you get your skillpoints. That also brings me to another point. When the player starts off, he has a Novice Sword, Novice Shield, Advanced Training Manual, and Potions of Healing. If the player saves and quits, or saves and loads ingame for some reason, the Novice Shield, Novice Sword, and Advanced Training Manual are not saved. They get removed forever! The charges of the potion of healing are also not saved. Instead, the charges go back to a static ten. Also, players can buy a couple things with their starting gold then drop all the items carried by the Novice, then load, and get all the items to sell or use. This system can be abused further (I did it once just to test. I did not ruin your game by this bug. Plus, since I had the best stuff gold could buy anyway, there was nothing for me to gain.) by saving, dropping all your items and using all your gold and badges to buy stuff, loading, dropping all items, and repeating. (I did it once just to test. I did not ruin your game by this bug. Plus, since I had the best stuff gold could buy anyway, there was nothing for me to gain.) Possibly you could make it so that items get bound to you and once you reload, they get destroyed? Your events were cool and fast-paced (I haven't tried Boss Run or Hall of Survivour yet; also, Survivour has no u. It's Survivor.) and I understand why they were locked to level 99s. It's actually quite easy to get to level 99 (without cheating). I got there in two days with Blacksmith. Your Battle Ground event seems to be a bit buggy though. When you join, it says "Another event is already in progress." when there really isn't any event in progress. (It still lets you in though.) Also, in many games of Battle Grounds, Blue Team has no troops. Only the Red Team has stuff (of course they win easily). Next, your creeps. They seemed quite balanced, although I'd like slightly more higher level creeps, such as a couple level 40s. The maximum level regular creeps I could find were level 30. The Sonic Bow spell for the Pecopeco was nicely done and I liked how the ghosts cast Drain Life, but I didn't really notice many other spells from the creeps. Maybe make a couple more spells for the creeps. Also the bosses didn't seem that unique, with cool, dodgeable spells or anything. The boss fights were just really fast paced and pretty much just spamming spells. The bosses were tough, but they weren't that fun. Next, I liked your portal system, although some of the portals were not working. For example, the building in the center of Geffen has a non-working portal, and the Church near the Monk class trainer had a non-working teleport. The cave to the world boss Eternity (the banshee one) was unescapable except on death (you go to the entrance, get teleported into cave, kill skeletons and make it to the second teleport. That teleport doesn't work so you go back. The portal to the way back out teleports you to the boss room, and the portal back teleports you to the unworking portal.) Finally, your items. You didn't have too many for such an immensive RPG, but all served their purpose. However, I could not find the high level item dealer in any city but Prontera. I also think you should tell players what items each class can carry. I bought a Dark Infiltrator for my Blacksmith because it seemed really powerful but because he could not carry it, I lost all my hero badges. My last couple comments and suggestions on your map are that the Hammer Fall for the Blacksmith takes away 5 gold (just like Mammonite) even though it doesn't say so. Dark Mercinaries is spelled wrong (it's Mercenaries). I love how it has save/load, although you do not mention that players must type -save to save. I know most people do (any ORPG gamer should), but those whose first ORPG is Legend of Ragnarok might not know. Next, I liked your resurection system, although I think you should not give the player the "Revive in the field" option. I'm not even sure what "Revive in the Field" even does because my hero just got stuck invulnerable while he recovered from one health. You should also set the resurection point to Prontera immediately. I also think there should be more items to buy with gold. Lastly, I loved how you gave different camera modes. It was odd, but I think the locked camera increased the awesomeness of the game instead of decreasing it. However, it was great that you gave the player the option to unlock his camera because there are some situations that require that.
All in all, Legend of Ragnarok is a truly awesome map, although it does have its faults.
jxtranghero, I give you rep, and your map a
4/5
EDIT: Found some more bugs. First, the Kafra that is at the entrance to the dungeon where you fight Zeus has no availible warp points. Second, the spell that improves the Crusader's max hp does not work. The teleport for the cave and the crypt in the northern area do not work. Also, Boss Rush isn't working, and in Siege War the allies don't attack the enemy Emperium for very long. They just attack it twice or so, then go backwards. Also, when we kill the Emperium, it belongs to whoever killed it (normally the NPCs.) Then once we start another siege war the Emperium belongs to the NPCs, yet we are allied to the NPCs. So that just means that we are stuck waiting for the Dark Mercenaries to kill the Emperium and can't do any more events. We can't help the Dark Mercenaries because they are our enemies. However, when the Dark Mercenaries kill the Emperium, we still all get 100 hero badges. Hall of Survivor is also buggy. Exit doesn't always work and when you die and revive yourself inside the hall the zombies aren't hostile to you. The new waves sometimes start when the zombies aren't all dead. Also, the Blue Potion item does not state that it restores mana.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hi, i love your map is so great, i just found 2 annoying bugs, when you load your character, it only gets level 1 skills from the past job.

Also, as an alchemist, Acid Bomb doesnt hit 5 times, it does only hit 2 times if you have luck and Fire Expansion(dont remember the name) deals 10 damage if you have flame bottle.

Level 3
So, the map looks good. Good terrain, units that aren't immediately hostile, custom doodads, etc. I only have a few problems with the map.

1- There doesn't seem to be any beginner shop or something to help you out as a starter. It might not seem a big deal, but my novice trying to kill everything with no means of getting better gear until much later, really hurts. Not to mention that novice gear doesn't save.

2- There just isn't enough random NPCs in towns. They feel too empty, but I'm sure you plan to change that in the future anyway.

3- The Novice skill doesn't seem to do anything. I keep leveling it, but nothing happens. I don't know if that's intentional or what, but it's a little disappointing to have a seemingly useless skill.

4- It NEEDS an option to unlock the camera. I understand it adds to the immersion of the original RO, but there are a lot of people who don't like locked cameras. Myself included. Locked cameras just take away from my freedom in a map, or at least that's my opinion.

5- Perhaps some names for the towns? Like a floating text name or a "Now Entering: xxx" text pop-up. Something to let players that never played RO know what town is what, instead of simply having them guess.

Other than that, I can't say. I didn't really get too far in the game as #4 and 5 got in my way. I can only take fixed camera's in small doses, and I don't know the names of the towns. xD

Level 13
So, the map looks good. Good terrain, units that aren't immediately hostile, custom doodads, etc. I only have a few problems with the map.

1- There doesn't seem to be any beginner shop or something to help you out as a starter. It might not seem a big deal, but my novice trying to kill everything with no means of getting better gear until much later, really hurts. Not to mention that novice gear doesn't save.

2- There just isn't enough random NPCs in towns. They feel too empty, but I'm sure you plan to change that in the future anyway.

3- The Novice skill doesn't seem to do anything. I keep leveling it, but nothing happens. I don't know if that's intentional or what, but it's a little disappointing to have a seemingly useless skill.

4- It NEEDS an option to unlock the camera. I understand it adds to the immersion of the original RO, but there are a lot of people who don't like locked cameras. Myself included. Locked cameras just take away from my freedom in a map, or at least that's my opinion.

5- Perhaps some names for the towns? Like a floating text name or a "Now Entering: xxx" text pop-up. Something to let players that never played RO know what town is what, instead of simply having them guess.

Other than that, I can't say. I didn't really get too far in the game as #4 and 5 got in my way. I can only take fixed camera's in small doses, and I don't know the names of the towns. xD

Yup I have a plan to improves this map soon. :ogre_hurrhurr:
Thanks for suggestion and comments...:ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

Level 13
I'm sure this time 1.0.3 will be have the Transcendent and Third Job + Ninja + Gunslinger Job ....

New Regions:
Umbala
Hugel
Rachel
Lightalzen
Einbroch
Veins

New Dungeons:
Turtle Dungeon
Mascova
Endless Tower

++More Item compund with random cards

See ya all soon!

Level 2
i had to register to ask u this...and i want a u answer with good reason....

when u start map WE ALL ARE ENEMIES....we started killing each other and we were all wtf...first 3 peoples leaved in 10seconds...i mean WHY in the world we can kill each other from the very begining and we see each other as enemies...why? what purpose? peoples are like wtf this map is and leaves....i had full server when hosted map they all leaved in 1-2mins also its dumb that u get exp if u kill mob..and xp is not shared....also what is thoose 2 solo classes..are they more stronger than any 10lvl job class?....

Level 2
and when will be new version u know approx date? if its gonna be soon than i think i could w8 for the new version and only than play it with my friend..sory if i was too harsh or something..-_- i just dont see reason on that thing... i kinda want play this map badly seems very nice and i very like maps with jobs but this thing that we all are enemies....makes peoples confused and leaves does in new version we gonna be still enemies? than theres this thing....how u can easy cheat...get one of your friend kill him in starter town all the time...i got 40lvls in 30mins or so also badges you can cheat...create game....let friend join..start map..drop ""expirience books"" sell them for 100badges....repeat...if u do it solo its slower i dunno if its intended how it should be?

Last edited:
Level 1
I think that the early game (ie novice stage) needs to be easier. Slowly leveling to level 10 is a hassle and especially when your novice passive skill does nothing (maybe make it +1 all stats per lvl). Then the monsters all give +2 gold around Prontera...this is something that needs to be changed since we need to buy pots and stuff (which takes forever if every monster only gives 2 gold).

Monsters also should be more diverse other than models...(ie. frog and creamy) same level same stats...just different models/names. Maybe add some drops in there for a smoother beginning (poring drops red pots etc.). If you can understand Mandarin I suggest you check out this certain RO map which implements everything quite nicely.

I hope you can read this wall of text since nobody would have the drive to sit through those boring 10 levels. There is no point adding more content when people get bored in like 5 minutes of playing the game.

Last edited:
Level 13
Yah i think u were right, dont worry that is wat ill been working for...
How to make the players stay last longer in the game.

It might take time for me to figure it out,
But i belive answer will be reveal soon.

As long as I can, I will try to make this better yeh!

Level 1
I don't think you are getting the point. It isn't about making more content is about fixing the content and letting it so that new players would actually want to play. Its so boring when you have to grind to even get first class, and even after that you cant insta-kill a poring. The gold gain is just disgusting and I don't think it is hard to change the gold gains for all the creeps.

Hopefully you got my message this time, I can probably give you more feedback if the game didn't get so boring so fast...

Level 13
i see theres new version but can u tell the reason why all are enemies?

Did the new version 1.0.3 still have a bug of all players are not allied?

Its not been suppose to be like that, might be some trigger mess with the system...

@imitless71
I see, I should increase gold gaining from the mobs?
However I have a new interesting things, how the players can earn easy gold,
rather than grinding, and that is a secret for now, soon to be implement...

:ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

EDIT: I takes few more times

Last edited:
Level 13
Edit:
What next in 1.0.5?

Third Job Alternate

Rune Knight = Death Knight
Royal Guard = Templar
X Cross = Chrono Cross
Shadow Chaser = Pirates
Ranger = Arbalist
Wanderer = Maiden
Mechanic = Engineer
Genetic = Summoner
Warlock = Psychic
Sorcerer = Necromancer
Arc Bishop = Minister
Shura = Dragon Master

Well see yah soon!

Last edited:
Level 2
Bug

hey there... ur map is awesome... but i want to report some bugs... when im become a second job it's assasin, when I load my char all the thief skill become level 1... and then when I use grimtooth there is no damage.. and sometimes my friends can't get out from dungeon... like a rollback to that place... then we should restart the game.. can u fix it?? thanks a lot... love ur map :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Level 2
and then now im become assasin cross... thats meteor assault skill is same like grim tooth, no damage when I use it to mobs... please fix it.. thanks