• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Texturing Contest #19: Golems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Red

Level 26
Just my idea for the next contest after the UI one here.

Golems - simply put, take an organic unit and skin it into an inorganic being.

There's just enough direction to make comparable entries, but its open enough to foster some creativity. Anything from Elementals to steampunk machinations could fall into this category. I guess we'd hate to decide whether or not treant-type units would qualify. Watcha think? :grin:

Level 13
It might work really well. It gives you the general theme (which is a really awesome theme) and it still leaves lots of room for creativity; I like it ^^

repo_man_law_320.jpg

Red

Red

Level 26
Mh, mechanations differ from normal robots, right?
Only steampunk styled mechanations?
I think this idea sounds very promising, however I am not sure, wether it needs to be more specific or not

If somebody wanted to make an H.R. Giger Ogre with a suggestive hydraulic horn on its head, I'd say let 'em.

Gotta remember that the only point of themes is to avoid apples-to-oranges comparisons. As long as all the entries are creatures made out of inorganic material, I think we'd be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.