• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #9 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
Congratulations Mighty Warriors!
You have completed your epic battle and the victors remain alive!
1.Denu=64

2.Sansui=56
3.Dionesiist=53

CombattheWombat=37
Hawkwing=36
AntoMarc=33 FamousPker49=33
Communist_Orc=26

Dionesiist's Submission
Colour:8/10
The colours are very distinct and not too bright. They are appealing and work well together to create the theme.

Theme:10/10
The theme matching, both fire element and demon put together. A good combination, thus working well with the theme.

Style:8/10
The style matches very well with the Blizzard feel. Its very sharp and distinct and thats what makes it very appealing.

Skill:8/10
Attention to detail is pretty much all round but the armor could use more design such as studs or engravings.

Other:8/10
There isnt else much to say, but it could use just a tad more life. The face seems abit messy, the cracks however were executed very well.

42/50+11=53
CombattheWombat's Submission
Colour:7/10
The colours are there and stand out only with the lava, however the grey cancels alot of it out. There isnt much else to say.

Theme:8/10
The theme is there but lacks alittle being only molten rather than either, but I guess it could be considered a demon of somesort.

Style:7/10
The style seems abit messy and not very crispy. Varies alot here and there and isn't very unique, strong or close to Blizzards.

Skill:6/10
The level of detail and skills varies, the layers of first scales are very basic and lack real shading. Some applications of things were done with it seems a lack of effort. The overall skill level isnt that great, just mostly messy or sloppy.

Other:7/10
The layering of the cracks and the base makes no sense. The cracks appear to look like giant glowing bulging veins and I'm sure thats not intentional.

35/50+2=37
AntoMarc's Submission
Colour:6/10
The colours are they, however it seems abit too one coloured and not very distinct or intriguing.

The theme was there, I liked the idea of a molten lava turtle, as I can instantly relate it to a fiery dwelling.

Style:5/10
The style isnt really there, just seems rather blant and boring.

Skill:4/10
The skill isn't really there at all, it just seems all..flat and boring and uneven. Alot of the skin is just scribbles of orange.

Other:4/10
I really disliked the lack of acknowledgment of depth and form, the cracks and rocks are all flat and it makes it out as if the turtle is made out of paper on the unwrap.

27/50+6=33
Denu's Submission
Colour:8/10
The colour is there..but..its all just one colour...I really dislike that, the colour doesn't really have much variety.

The theme fits but could use more fiery feel to it, a red demon is acceptable to the theme but not very creative.

Style:10/10
The style is very great, smooth, clean all over. Very distinct and it reminds me of the quality of humanoid Wow textures.

Skill:10/10
The skill level is right there, alot of artistic talent and very appealing. Although smooth its very detailed, soft and appealing.

Other:9/10
He seems... just naked..not much there at all, making it abit blant in that area.

45/50+19=64
FamousPker49's Submission
The colours are rather unsaturated, not very distinct and the colours chosen don't work well together.

Theme:6/10
Trying to catch the theme of the texture isn't very immediate, at first its rather ambiguous. The horse appears to be made of flesh rather than demonic fooling the view quite possibly.

Style:6/10
The style isn't distinct, its rather messy and uneven in some places.

Skill:7/10
The skill level applied over the texture varies from here to there, lacking here and there, okay here and there...

Other:5/10
The overall texturing isnt that very appealing, it lacks alot of life and looks very still. The saturated colours as stated do not help give it life, rather destroys it.

30/50+3=33
Communist_Orc's Submission
Colour:5/10
Black and orange? Doesn't seem to work well in this case....especially with green thrown in.

Theme:5/10
Doesnt seem very fiery at all...seems more like something to do with a tiger or kungfu. >_>

Style:6/10
The style really isn't there at all, its... just all over the place with style...messy.

Skill:4/10
I dont see much skill in this at all, just a mass of smudge and draw overs.

Other:5/10
The texture isnt that appealing, its mostly just simple basic draw overs and there isnt much life in it at all.

25/50+1=26
Hawkwing's Submission
Colour:7/10
The colours seem abit..too.. i dont know.. off. Abit too pink for my tastes and the yellow seems off.

Theme:7/10
The theme was there, but the demon didn't seem very fiery, but it still fits fine.

Style:7/10
I see you tried to mimic blizzards style, although it was just not as distinct and the colours disturbed the attempt.

Skill:7/10
Not much to say, the skill is there but wasnt executed that well due the factors of off colour and such.

There isn't much else to say, the texture lacked abit of life but thats mainly due to the off colour.

35/50+1=36
Sansui's Submission
I dislike the colour usage, seems very off and not very distinct or full of life, makes the texture seem abit deathly instead of demonic.

The theme was...kinda there, the fiery cracks did help because without them it would look like some red undead creature.

Style:10/10
The style is very distinct and unique even if its not related to Blizzard's.

Skill:9/10
Skill level was really there, however the cracks seem poorly done.

Not much else to say besides the fact the armor could be more demonic than deathly.

40/50+16=56

Status
Not open for further replies.