• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest #5 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
The Hive Workshop

Terrain Contest #5 Results

Congratulations to our winners!

raid1000
OA 9/10
Theme 5/5
Creativity 8/10
Technical 8/10
I think that this one was pretty good. However, some of th tiles looked a bit weird with the overlapping (grassy dirt + snow). You could've used a bit more environment, but it was still good. Good job overall.
30/35
Votes: 12

Final Score:59
Mr.Goblin
OA 9/10
Theme 5/5
Creativity 10/10
Technical 8/10
Now there's a winter wonderland. Very good use of doodads, technicality, tiles, everything. Really good job :>
32/35
Votes: 4

Final Score:51
TerraNexx
OA 4/10
Theme 4/5
Creativity 5/10
Technical 4/10
Well, it's a start and passable for a normal map, but it's nothing very special. You need to work on adding doodads.
17/35
Votes: 1

Final Score:25
\Naze
OA 9/10
Theme 5/5
Creativity 8/10
Technical 8/10
Really nice, I liked the skeletons and that you used the light well in a playable map. Good prison/building BTW.
30/35
Votes: 3

Final Score:47
Nbah
OA 7/10
Theme 5/5
Creativity 7/10
Technical 7/10
Technically, good map, nice and roundabouty material. Although... I can walk through some things, that sorta killed some of for me >_<. Good job otherwise though.
26/35
Votes: 2

Final Score:40
Slaydon
OA 4/10
Theme 3/5
Creativity 3/10
Technical 3/10
Uhh. Tiny map, shrub/seaweed spam (I thought it's winter!) and not much to see.. With more time spent on this, yeah, but like this? :[
13/35
Votes: 3

Final Score:23
~Void~
OA 9/10
Theme 5/5
Creativity 7/10
Technical 9/10
Good job, as always (-_-) It wasn't exactly the most special thing IMO, but it was still good. (Special as in highly creative). I'll admit the lighting system was cool there, but not really necessary.
30/35
Votes: 12

Final Score:59

Winners
1st - raid1000, ~Void~
2nd - Mr.Goblin
3rd - \Naze

Last edited:
Level 19
u mean like russian roulette?
hey Void got what he wanted his a terrain mod now
so gief me the PRIZE!

Level 34
I'm thinking two icons. What do you guys think?

You could have a contest between you and Void. :p

Level 19
darn liek 2 icons like split in half by the middle lol
like the other half shall be the same colour of teh background like what i did with my avatar lol

Level 14
You do realize that if you have a tie for first, you can't have a second place, right? It would be 1st/1st/3rd. /Naze shouldn't be listed. (Nothing personal)

Level 34
You do realize that if you have a tie for first, you can't have a second place, right? It would be 1st/1st/3rd. /Naze shouldn't be listed. (Nothing personal)
I realized that after. I didn't know if I should reverse anything though, now that it's done.

Void, yeah, you'd have a challenge in the Challenge Arena, and the winner get's an icon.

Level 18
What the hell kind of judge allows a tie to happen anyways. Sheesh..

Was this so necessary. Have you even checked the boths terrains, you would probably realize that they are both excellent and since the public poll was a tie, Gilles couldn't decide on the winner and I am sure no one could. In the end a tie was the only thing left. I don't see a problem with that. :/

Level 14
bounty_hunter2 said:
Was this so necessary. Have you even checked the boths terrains, you would probably realize that they are both excellent and since the public poll was a tie, Gilles couldn't decide on the winner and I am sure no one could. In the end a tie was the only thing left. I don't see a problem with that. :/
Yeah, it was necessary. A judge, when posed with the opportunity to judge between two very close entries, must be able to look at minute details and discern exactly who deserves that 1 extra point over the others. This is important. Now the judge is requiring that the entrants do some extra challenge thing in order to receive their first place? That is ludicrous, really. Can't you see that?

Level 34
I didn't judge. Although I also didn't notice there was a tie until I was putting up the results. I suppose it was partly my fault.

Yeah, it was necessary. A judge, when posed with the opportunity to judge between two very close entries, must be able to look at minute details and discern exactly who deserves that 1 extra point over the others. This is important. Now the judge is requiring that the entrants do some extra challenge thing in order to receive their first place? That is ludicrous, really. Can't you see that?
Agreed. I've had ties, but I went back and looked over them again, and decided on a winner.

So, Void and Raid, would you rather have Belgarath decide a winner, have a challenge between the two of you, or literally split the icon?

Last edited:
Level 18

Well you are probably right. But it is hard for anyone to make that one point difference and it's just that it's so close. I think that any judge would feel that he wasn't fair if he made a winner out of these too.

Gilles said:
I didn't judge. Although I also didn't notice there was a tie until I was putting up the results. I suppose it was partly my fault.

Oh yeah I forgot you didn't. I don't see why it would be your fault, you simply posted the results. You maybe overlooked the fact it was a tie and should waited and tell Belagrath to decide the winner.

Level 14
bounty_hunter2 said:
I think that any judge would feel that he wasn't fair if he made a winner out of these too.
Trust me, nothing in this world is exactly equal to anything else except mathematics. You only need to find a judge who is skilled enough to find the difference. Famous, for instance, already said X was better than Y before pointing out he didn't have the time to legitimately judge.

Level 18
Trust me, nothing in this world is exactly equal to anything else except mathematics. You only need to find a judge who is skilled enough to find the difference. Famous, for instance, already said X was better than Y before pointing out he didn't have the time to legitimately judge.

Then it's basically the administrations fault as they had a judge that could decide. No offense Belgarath. Never mind this anymore, what was done is done and now it remains to decide what happens next :p

Level 14
At the time he was, which would have changed the verdict had he the time to do it - which is what matters considering you were talking about a vote, which would've occurred at the same time.

Please stop to think before responding, I really dislike having to explain obvious things to people who clearly are bright enough to figure it out on their own.

Level 36
At the time he was, which would have changed the verdict had he the time to do it - which is what matters considering you were talking about a vote, which would've occurred at the same time.

Please stop to think before responding, I really dislike having to explain obvious things to people who clearly are bright enough to figure it out on their own.

Actually, he had already said he was too busy about two lines above. My point is, we should call it a tie or have a tiebreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.