• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture issua in War3 Model Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Guys, I'm new at modeling, so I habe been practicing with some of the models I found here, and started by checking the turorials, so it didn't became so hard.

The things is that whenever I save a Model, when I load it some of the geosets don't have the textures I attached to them before saving, but the geostes are still there, I only have to add them again, but it keeps happening.

What I do is import texture in texture manager, create a new material in material manager using that texture. Then I import geoset (attach to respective bone) and then I choose material with the texture for geoset.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Level 15
Probably , Your geosets' textures ( some of them ) are set to Teamglow .To change them , Use War3ModelEditor (Magos) , Open the model that doesn't work correctly. In the 'Windows' bar ( in the program )...Choose Texture Manager... One Left Click on one of the textures of the materials that are not shown . Press Edit from the menu .. Then Change the ID to 0 . Probably works

Level 2
Thank guys...the problem was easier to find...I had to set the skins folder to the same as the model path. That way it works.

Now...I am having problems at importing the model. It is a basic Kael mdl with small geoset imports from other models, but the editor can't load it nor the texture file.
I checked the tutorials and I did just as they say. Import...remove warcraft default folder. change for Hero_bloodelf.blp and model name. The model is in there but can't be seen, nor the textures...any help?

Level 2
Yes, I see te box when I place the unit, but as I do it.. there appears a message saying "unnable to load model", and when I run the test, the unit is in there, has all the spells but can't be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.