• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Texture: Black Sasqualine Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I were just looking through some old wc3 files, and discovered one of the first skins I made :)
Back then, when I created this skin I got the idea from erwts' "Tauren Spiritwalker" skin.

I'm probably going to finnish it, but it wont be a total conversion.
Just posting here to get some feedback :)

Oh, and the Lion on the 'belt' is CnP from the Uther skin (if I remember correctly)

Attachments

• Preview1.jpg
    Preview1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Preview2.jpg
    Preview2.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 181
Level 32
Lookin' Good

Well done (and well presenteed).

Since Chriz. has also recently dusted off an old Beastmaster skin and begun to polish it, I cant help wondering: Are one of you guys going to drop the gauntlet over in the Arena's challenge section?

Last edited:
Level 12
You're all a bunch of noob worshippers, sheesh:p

The muscles look 'feathery' because of how the outline is pulled into the shading. You might want to change that.

Everything, discluding the black fur, is pretty much the same color. You may want to add in more of that red you have on the loin cloth.

I'm liking what you've changed so far, but it still has a lot that needs to be done.

Level 18
Hmm i Would say remove the bright red all together it does not fit at all you either need to make it duller(the bronze colors browns, tans and blacks) as to fit the rest or ruin the skin and make it too colorful and cartoony(which it seems lots of people strangely like. tbh it makes me puke.).

The bronze bracers could use some work. Although i cant say much about anything without seeing the actual skin as well as it on the model.

I also don't like the black shading on the muscles. IMO it doesn't look good. But it works well enough in game. But as Camel said don't pull it up into the shading.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Update!
camel's said:
The axe should have more dent's scratches on the part that actually cuts/bashes against things because it is getting hit and used the most.

On a side note, wtf is a Sasqualine?
You're right, I'll make that as well.

You're looking at it :p
The Sasqualine is a custom race I made for my old project.

EDIT: Yup, Sasqualine is just a small edit of Sasquatch.

Attachments

• update_6.jpg
    update_6.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 5,837
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.