• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editing skins turn them completely black in editor. help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm brand new at skinning, first off. I converted the original BLP file into a TGA file using the Warcraft3Viwer. I then edited the TGA file in Adobe Photoshop. I saved the edit back to a TGA file then converted it back to BLP using warcraft3Viewer. I named it correctly and put it in the right folder. When I view the model and skin in the Warcraft3Viewer, it looks correct, but after I import it in the Editor and reload the Editor, the model is just plain black. I know I'm losing something by using adobe photoshop because the original BLP file is around 60kb while my after-photoshop-after-converting BLP file is around 34kb. I did some tests which confirmed that photoshop is the problem. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.