• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

.TGA Transparency in Photoshop CS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Alright I'm curious, I can not find a way to get transparency to work at all in photoshop with a .tga file. Whenever I load one it just deletes the transparency. So I have to convert it to .png with an external program to keep transparency in photoshop then save as a .png and then convert back to .tga so I can convert it to .blp.

This is workable but annoying. Is there anyway to do any kind of transparent with .tga in photoshop?

I normally get the transparency a *.tga file holds, because after conversion (I use Warcraft III Viewer), the transparency is saved. Then, when I open the converted tga (32 bits), I go to Channels and the Alpha Channel is there. To be honest, there are some few cases, where the transparency is saved, but hidden. So, I create a new channel, and the alpha state shows up. Mind giving us an example of a file that didn't work for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.