• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Testing has begun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello fans and followers.

I just thought I'd let you guys know that yesterday, the 20th of July, marked the day when we first play-tested SoC for the very first time. For us this meant the discovery of several bugs and other issues, both minor and major. For you, on the other hand, this means that you might have the map "in your hands" in a not too distant future, so stay tuned!

Also, we're going to do some more testing in the coming days, and I'll make sure to take some screenshots so you can see what SoC actually looks like when played.

Level 7
I am defiantly looking forward to more updates of SoC! From the screen-shots and the short video it is looking amazing so far; so keep up the good work!

Level 16
In my oppinion first finish the alliance, atleast a bit. Then make public available versions. But it's great to hear that atleast one project makes huge steps.

Level 16
No i mean you would be probably less stressed with end dates and people would be happier getting a playable(but not finished) Alliance race.

Level 24
We're not stressed at all. The reason for releasing the Horde before the Alliance is to give our fans and followers what they've patiently been waiting for, and for us to receive feedback on it while we work on the Alliance.
I still don't see your point, why would anyone be happier for an unfinished Alliance race in a few months than no Alliance race at all (but a finished Horde) in a few weeks?

Level 17
Ok, so you probably won't believe this but my idiot brother and I had a fight and I left my computer open and he saw this forum post (he plays warcraft 3 also but just Dota so he doesn't know anything about modding and stuff) and thought to make my life miserable by all those things he said. I apologise on his behalf and mine seeing how it's my account he was using.
@Linaze: I actually love Warcraft 2 and all related to it and looking forward to your map so please ignore all those things as you probably think I'm just fucking troll. :(

{EDIT}
Oh and please could you add a good AI to the map ? Or if you want I could help you in making the AI as I do have some experience. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey i kno its a lil late but u still updating ?

We are still alive! but barely working on SoC for now..

new models have been made, so have new textures, but that's about it. Linaze is too busy with RL at the momment to be abble to work on Scars of Conflict. But we are still here! :D so don'T worry, you might have an update soon :D

I feel I have to say some things.

I've been around this game a long time. I've been working on my project since about 4 weeks after the game was released. In that time I've seen countless projects of this scale come and go and never see the light of day. The fact that this team has been able to produce so much original content for their project is wonderful, just go look in the Map Development section and see hundreds of maps that can't get a single model or texture done.

Have some patience.

Level 49
Indeed.
Linaze informed me on Skype that he is planning to continue working on SoC sometime soon; Possibility this weekend. To be quite frank, I believe very little work needs to be done before the BETA is released. I don't recall what the situation was when we last tested SoC(two or three months ago, I guess?), but I do know that the game was almost complete, and needed only a few tweaks(a couple of icons here and there, a model or two, some bug-fixes, balance chances, etc). Hopefully we'll release the BETA soon. :)

Level 24
I believe what possibly could remain of our fan-base deserve to know the state of things.

I have been busy with real life matters and working on a huge project for school (a website for the curious ones) combined with being generally demotivated to work on SoC.

Upon reading the text above I understand that it might sound like there's little or no hope of SoC ever being finished and released, but that is not the case. As a matter of fact, I'm getting back into working on SoC very soon, and considering it's almost ready for release, those of you who have so patiently waited for it might not have to wait much longer at all.

I'd also like to thank all of you that have waited patiently without causing a shitstorm and created threads about the project being dead or whatever, it means a lot. Again, thank you.

Until I have something to show, Linaze out.

Edit: It appears Deolrin beat me to it. Oh well.

Level 49
To be perfectly honest, I'm waiting with anticipation for the weekend. I want Linaze to be motivated about SoC and start working on it again as much as you guys do. :p

P.S, I'm planning to finish the Goblin Ace today or in the coming couple of days(only needs animations; Stand is already done), which would be the last model which needs to be finished for the Horde!
The only other art-related thing we need is the Warlock, which is finished except for a tiny bit of texturing work. I will publish some screenshots of both of these models as soon as we're done.

(Thanks to DonDustin for the Warlock model. ^^)

Level 49
Both me and Linaze have the map; The question is, who has the most recent one?
When Linaze's computer crashed, the map was still in-progress of a patch, so to speak, and Linaze kind of didn't want to start from an older version after all of the progress he's done.

Needless to say, the map is on Linaze's new computer now. Progress has started, slowly but steadily! We might be testing it again today.

Level 17
Not necessarily...you could use MPQDraft to create an executable mpq exactly like amai uses and people could play on LAN if they all have run the same executable...and I was just pointing out that it could be done with AI for those people that liket to learn solo first then play with friends...and yes AMAI can use transports either on air, land or sea, you only have to make the techtree to build naval units not buy them like the zeppelin and even so he could easily be done...And the AI I'm talking about wouldn't have half the size AMAI uses, I'm talking about a complete script remake...

Level 17
Yeah I know I even forgot what I was trying to point out...but anyway, after your release or whenever you feel like it...if you could give me an unprotected version I could make an AI for people that like it. :) That's it if you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.