• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

It's been a long journey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello guys and gals.

I just wanted to inform you all that I have resigned from my previous position as project leader over Scars of Conflict, a role that's now been mantled by Deolrin.
I'll also take a break (possibly a permanent one) from working on the project. If truly needed, I'll still help the remaining developers with minor coding things and such, but I'll leave most of it for other people to do.

The reasons for this my drastic decision are several, one of which is the standard "lack of time" one, the "lack of motivation" one, but I'm also going through a huge "family crisis", which is also the reason development has been very, very slow as of late.

With Deolrin as the captain of the ship, it is possible (but not guaranteed) that you'll see some changes (minor or major) to the gameplay of SoC, since the two of us have had many different ideas throughout the years we've worked on this project together.

Linaze out. Deolrin in.

Level 49
For the record, I don't really believe you're "gone". You tend to take your breaks and come back some few months later. Hopefully I'll see you around soon! :D
The good part is that you're still here to help out(in Skype and such). The bad part is that I suddenly have a whole lot of responsibilities and such on me. ><

Level 5
I hope this isn't really the end! The level of professionalism for this project - in terms of artwork, setting realistic goals and outlining a coherent vision for gameplay - always stuck me as special. I wish more modding teams would take their approach, and it would be very sad for the SoC to end in this manner.

Level 1
The blood and sweat poured into this...only the ones that worked on SoC know if their work was / is worth it.

Level 14
Guys, let's be realistic.

Family Season is coming. Aka the Holidays. It's already November the 20th. About 34 more days to go when we will all unpack our Christmas gifts. Of course through out this time there is school, family, friends, house cleaning, and many responsabilities pile up even if there isn't any special family crisis.

They work on this project for fun, their life doesn't depend on this project, they do not need to meet a deadline before Christmas in order to make great sales. This project will be free-to-play (like any other wc3 map) and it's meant for their and our entertainment.

So considering these circumstances, it's only normal to take a hiatus.

I hope that they will continue the project after January the 15th, or February, or when Spring starts.

The team seems to do a good job with this project, they just need to do a good job in resuming it one day.

-------

Linaze I hope you will return to this project one day.

Level 5
Given that Warcraft IV is many years away, I see a high probability that this project will be released eventually. I know the only thing that would derail my interest in Warcraft III modding would be the next game in the series (assuming Blizzard doesn't make it into a WoW-integrated MMO)

Level 16
I hope this project will continue to develop and once a day get published! Good luck and thanks for all the things you did Linaze!. And good luck Deolrin.

@Chucky....

Dont tell such things... Try and encourage him instead of trolling his thread. This way you could try and get some hosted projects finished instead of destroying them..

Status
Not open for further replies.