1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Testing Centre

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Zelda.Alex, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyone needs Testing?

What's this?
    A place where you can ask for testing of your maps.

Who tests?
    I am gonna test a few maps but I will be happier if some other guys also join this thread so anyone who wants a testing can get some.

Testers so far
    :
    Zelda.Alex

tjdrake719
    HaniBon
    M4stah
    The_Nyne

My Preference for map types: AoS, RPG, campaign, RTS, Strategy in single player.

I don't mind alpha stage maps. It should open in the game--this is all I want.

Anyone wants any testing or opinions on their maps?

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  2. The_Nyne

The_Nyne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Isn't that a big point of this section?

Anyways, I'm down to test anything single player related/campaigns.

3. Nurga

Nurga

Resources:
    Resources:
    Test if you want.

Hey! I need some more testers for my map, just search for Dungeon Gods ORPG and download the map. Have fun!

4. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dungeon Gods ORPG small test

>>It would be nice if the small lag when I choose hero is absent. It was such that I thought that the map may be stuck.
    >>I should be able to see the abilities of the heroes before I choose them. It makes it easier for me to make the choice
    >>The Dark Elf has one ability which is not yet translated.
    >>If you want to submit the map on Hive then you will have to mention the authors of models by name.
    >>When the militia speaks then the dialogues appear in the log but not on the screen.
    >>Icons in the quest menu for the different headings will be a welcome change.
    >>You haven't mentioned that we can talk to people by going near them.
    >>It will be better if ther is an ! mark over the militia & all other guys who talk to me.
    >>No shortkey for my Backpack. So it is hard for me to find him.
    >>the militia do not attack the thief if they are entering the village. They attack only when the bandits are next to them. Allow them to move a little.
    >>I get experience while I am hitting the training doll. Would it not be better that I get experience also while I am hitting the thief? It will make the game more realistic.
    >>I played the map in single player (I know it is for online) & used Dark Elf. I was hit by enemies & ran into the town & had to wait for healing. Would it not be better if there is an inn or something like that inside the small village. It will make it more realistic.
    >>Heroes Might does not have a shortkey

I would have tested it fully but the time it was taking for me healing was too much for me so I stopped playing.

But hey you are working nicely. It will surely become very good if you continue like that. The terrain was good & the models were too.

Adding an opening cinematic will make it better & perhaps some more heroes. Not to much but a little more variety is not bad.

5. M0RT

M0RT

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't know the reason in this map, but this may occur when you add abilities to units. So whenever you have dummy abilities, you have to expect a lag when you add that ability to some unit for the first time. Then it's better to have the lag when the hero is selected rather when you cast the ability for the first time (I, for example, have dummy 99 level abilities, which cause serious lag when you add this ability to some dummy caster). Such lags are unavoidable at some point, hero selection is the best moment for them.

6. Nurga

Nurga

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your Test

Hey, thank you for testing!
    -The Lag is normal in every RPG at the Beginning, it´s because of the Herochoose^^ But maybe you should just wait some.
    -The Darkelf is in progress and the Spell Maker just create German Map, sry i will fix that. (Done)
    -You´re right. I will ask my second Producer where he got them.
    -Mh, maybe a bug. I will fix. (Done)
    -Good Idea :thumbs_up:
    -Ops. I´ve to do a Help-Function.
    -Is already done. (Done)
    -Good Idea, too. (Done, now you can find it like a Worker)
    -The Milita can´t move, cause they go out and kill all monsters. Maybe they should get a greater Range, like a Axe-Throw. (Done)
    -By every hit on the Thief...yeah why not. (Done)
    -Sorry, you can´t know, the Mediev-Guy can heal you complete if you go in front of him. There should be a hint :hohum: (Done)
    -It don´t have shortkey cause it don´t need one^^ There are just Passiv Abilities.

-Hey, thank you :thumbs_up: There will be 8 Heroes at first, but later i will add some more. I have to wait for my Story Writers Story before i do a cinematic, but good idea!
    You tested very good. Thank you. (New Version ready now! Check it out!)

7. RoughneckLeader

RoughneckLeader

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you want to retry/retest my map, then its attached to this post! Sorry about the confusion in the original map thread.

Now here is my responce about your last review (just what I fixed, etc.)

>Place credits in the quest menu for the models you have used.
    Done.
    >Different icon for the harvester is needed.
    Done (I think)
    >Why not use some custom tree models in the map?
    They wern't working right.
    >The lanes are not perfectly balanced. The lower side has a little advantage always.
    Are you sure? I found the exact opposite :p. Id you meant terrain-wise, the newest version should fix that.
    >Add wildlife in the map.
    I'll do that soon. :)
    >Small company on the left side is not horizontal. It is half on ground & half on the mountain.
    I moved it on the mountain, and its flat now.
    >Placing an AI in the map will help the map.
    That will be one of my biggest priorities for the next version, 1.04 (which is the next one).
    >The terrain can use variations. It is average presently.
    As in making it cooler looking? Well, I intend to put in a small pond somewhere...
    >Some rocks on the upper left side mountain are in mid-air.
    Removed & moved them/some. Shouldn't be any more floaters.
    >riflemen trains a Herbalist.
    Fixed./B]
    >Sargent w/Carbine is Flame warrior.
    Fixed.
    >Different icons for the units in the barracks are needed.
    There are now better ones, I'll work on looking for better ones. I'll probebly edit some of the icons for the Vetrans anyways (the blizzard ones).

Attached Files:

8. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Testing

Iowk Prelude 2v2 Pup.03c
    1........I was playing with 4 players on each side. One slot was empty on each side. Still there were 4 bases present in the map.
    2........You have placed units of the top left side base in such a way that some of them are on the mountain.
    3........The units have been placed on all 4 bases in such a way that if I kill one side's guards then I do not have to fight the other side's guards & can just destroy the base. (at least I can do this against computer)
    4.......The game has one bad thing. It is not possible to upgrade the units. So I will just have to keep using the same units. It can become boring in case that on Battle.Net the game somehow goes for a long time. There needs to be some way like additional items or mercenary units or something else by which there can be a break in monotonous gameplay. Otherwise it will be just go & fight without any way to turn the tide of war.
    5.......What is the use of the gold mine in this map? I get gold by cutting lumber (which is weird) so why do I need the gold mine.
    6........Also the Harvester are able to take gold out of the mine (The value of gold in the mine had decreased) but it cannot deposit the gold.
    7......This time the upper side seemed to have an advantage.
    8......Why not introduce heroes in the map?
    9.......You should increase the maximum population limit as you intend this to be a deathmatch.
    10.....The units which come in the waves should change somehow. Changing attributes or models or animations will be nice.

Dungeon Gods ORPG
    1.......It is written on loading screen that I can save my character. How & what will it do if I save my character?
    2......Heroes Might are same for Dark Elf & Elemental Destructor? Why not use some different ones?
    3......The description of "5 edges" used is for blademaster. Similar is for the that ice spell
    4......5 Edges & Jump have same hotkeys
    5......When I used iseedeadpeople then a message about the game ending in 5 minutes appeared. Why? You don't want cheats to be present in this map?
    6......Every Zombie thief drops the same 3 items?
    7.......Backpack cannot carry any weapon if my hero is carrying one.
    8.......You are using barrel model for sword & knife?
    9......Bad Sword & Bad knife both give +3 damage then why is there difference in their cost?
    10......Why is level2 required for Bad Knife? The sword should have this.
    11......Bad knife has icon of spear & spear has icon of trident.
    12......Spear is Weapon but is counted in both weapon as well as offhand.
    13.......I got near the dog & the quest menu showed that it was completed. How do I take the dog to the merchant? I walked to the merchant & he gave me reward even when the dog was still in the forest.
    14.......Major Bug: I had saved the game. When I loaded the save file the application encountered a fatal error & I could not continue further.

As I could not load my save file I just could not bring myself to play it again. But I hope this helps you.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  9. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  10. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Deforestation
    >>It is very difficult to select the pit fiends. Whenever I try to select them I just select the pit.
    >>I always start as the demon.
    >>Why have you made the name deforestation?

Response
    >>there is a clash of hotkeys of the original attack command & the custom attack command
    >>A small story can help in this.

Sorry that there is nearly nothing that I can tell about the maps because these are meant for multiplayer only & I play in single player only.

11. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm thanks.
    You always start as the Demon because you are the only player, to test Deforestation, you must type -test after that 10 second wait at the start.
    The name is Deforestation simple because it involves a lot of tree pwning :p

I will remove the normal attack from Response, as for the story, its random guys fighting because... uhhhh... they all overdosed on testosterone! :p

12. Nurga

Nurga

Resources:
    Resources:
    RE:Dungeon Gods Test

1: Umh^^ You have to write -save. Then you will get a code, write it down. In the next game you can type -load code (code= the code you got) then you´ve your saved character back to play. (Done)
    2: Nice Idea :) (Done a part)
    3::eek: Sorry. Time to fix it. (Done)
    4:Not my fault but i will fix (Done)
    5:Just a joke...i can write "Fucking Cheater" too, but there is a programm to interrupt cheats. Maybe i use it.
    6: Yeah. :thumbs_down: I will change that. (Done but not perfect)
    7: You´re right. I don´t know how to change that. (Help?)
    8: I am. Better Items will use the Treasure Model.
    9: Did they? Holy Shit^^ Knife should give +2 (Done)
    10: I have to change the item tooltips. (Done)
    11: I don´t have so much icons, but i can download some to fix that. (Done!)
    12: Oh. (Done)
    13:Yep. I don´t have created a trigger yet for the dog to go home :) (Done, Dog is running Home now)
    14: That´s sad :( That´s why you may use the save. (Map is for Multiplayer, you know)

Again, thank you for testing, you´re helping me very well :thumbs_up:
    I need some time to fix, but if you want to play again, just do it.
    It´s time to put you in the credits too.
    :grin: Thank you again. (new Version ready)

13. RoughneckLeader

RoughneckLeader

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    >Hmm? You mean you had a 4v4 going on??? What?
    >I made the mountain accessable for testing purposes; think I should make more cliffs like that one, or would it be bad for balence?
    >Once the AI is in there then they'll help. I'll make the guards more inter-connected.
    >The next update will bring new upgrades and a special upgrade building.
    >I'll make it more clear; you can get far more income by mining the gold mine than just cutting lumber. Of course its much riskyer, but worth it. I'll increase the gold & lumber amounts in the next update so then upgrades are more accessable (as they will be higher costing). I'll also make a bounty for enemy units killed.
    >Capture the Small Companies. Again, I'm sorry I did not make that clear.
    >Its all random; the units spawn in random locations in their spawning areas. This sometimes means that they are more grouped together & die faster from Bomtars; sometimes they are spawned in front and the shotguners in the back & thus die faster.
    >Next update should! :)
    >I did; just forgot to increase the lumber mill's food as well.
    >Hmm. I'll try to do something like that. I do plan on a change in the scenery over times from the war. ;)

EDIT: I'd add to your Reputation for the good review, but it seems I must spread it to others before you again! :p

14. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was playing in single player (meaning not on internet) with 1 slot on each side empty. each side had 1 permanent slot (I think for waves). On one side I was occupying a slot & on the other side computer (normal) was occupying a slot. That means that there should be 1 base on each side but there were 2 bases on each side (side means the 2 factions).

15. NeCrO_OwNeR

NeCrO_OwNeR

Resources:
    Resources:
    zelda wanna try my map even if it still on alpha?

16. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will give it a shot. Where is it?

17. NeCrO_OwNeR

NeCrO_OwNeR

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok i will uplaod the lates version and send you the link!

18. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    O.K. I will give a reply on this thread.

19. NeCrO_OwNeR

NeCrO_OwNeR

Resources:
    Resources:
    here is the link and good testing :p there may have lot s of stuff not working i jsut want to know if you think it may be a good map you dont need to tell me all the bug maybe the huge one but no need for the small one!

O and fishing doesnt work! To be cultis just take the book the altar at lvl 15 when you are a mature male(didnt made the women yet)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/after-death-orpg-123182/#post1074612

20. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    After-Death ORPG test

>>The camera angles in the beginning needs improvements. Try to avoid the black side. Also try not to show the edge of the map in it.
    >>Good terraining attracts a lot of people. It is nice that you are taking care of that.
    >>You wouldn't want the attraction due to the terrain to go in vain due to lack of proper storyline? Then start to think about the story of the optional quests too.
    >>The child will need attack animations otherwise it looks too odd. Same goes for racoons.
    >>I never got the awesome artefact after completing the quest of racoons. Also the quest of racoons has appeared again.
    >>The abomination does not attack my mature male & female
    >>Is controlling one child & 2 mature people a bug or part of game?
    >>You need to add credits for custom trees & any other custom things.
    >>there is a fire near the village. What for? I walked in it but nothing happened.
    >>The interior of the house is not as good as the outside terrain. The lantern looked quite odd. Also the pipe can use a shift in position.
    >>A few typing mistakes are present.
    >>As the child progresses in levels her height increased. Good. But her height became more than the mature people at level9. Then she became a mature male & lost her abilities. Not fair.

I played that much. Now I was not able to know what more to do in the map so I stopped it.
    Hope this helps.

Playing it I think it can become a good one IF you can prepare a proper storyline for it. Good terrain along with a good storyline can become very good.
    >>Use custom materials keeping in mind their size.
    >>Try to find some background music for the map also.
    >>I already said it but it does need a storyline.