• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Testing Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Anyone needs Testing?

What's this?
A place where you can ask for testing of your maps.

Who tests?
I am gonna test a few maps but I will be happier if some other guys also join this thread so anyone who wants a testing can get some.

Testers so far
:
Zelda.Alex

tjdrake719
HaniBon
M4stah
The_Nyne

My Preference for map types: AoS, RPG, campaign, RTS, Strategy in single player.

I don't mind alpha stage maps. It should open in the game--this is all I want.

Anyone wants any testing or opinions on their maps?

Last edited:
Level 8
Test if you want.

Hey! I need some more testers for my map, just search for Dungeon Gods ORPG and download the map. Have fun!

Level 1
Dungeon Gods ORPG small test

>>It would be nice if the small lag when I choose hero is absent. It was such that I thought that the map may be stuck.
>>I should be able to see the abilities of the heroes before I choose them. It makes it easier for me to make the choice
>>The Dark Elf has one ability which is not yet translated.
>>If you want to submit the map on Hive then you will have to mention the authors of models by name.
>>When the militia speaks then the dialogues appear in the log but not on the screen.
>>Icons in the quest menu for the different headings will be a welcome change.
>>You haven't mentioned that we can talk to people by going near them.
>>It will be better if ther is an ! mark over the militia & all other guys who talk to me.
>>No shortkey for my Backpack. So it is hard for me to find him.
>>the militia do not attack the thief if they are entering the village. They attack only when the bandits are next to them. Allow them to move a little.
>>I get experience while I am hitting the training doll. Would it not be better that I get experience also while I am hitting the thief? It will make the game more realistic.
>>I played the map in single player (I know it is for online) & used Dark Elf. I was hit by enemies & ran into the town & had to wait for healing. Would it not be better if there is an inn or something like that inside the small village. It will make it more realistic.
>>Heroes Might does not have a shortkey

I would have tested it fully but the time it was taking for me healing was too much for me so I stopped playing.

But hey you are working nicely. It will surely become very good if you continue like that. The terrain was good & the models were too.

Adding an opening cinematic will make it better & perhaps some more heroes. Not to much but a little more variety is not bad.

Level 12
>>It would be nice if the small lag when I choose hero is absent. It was such that I thought that the map may be stuck.
I don't know the reason in this map, but this may occur when you add abilities to units. So whenever you have dummy abilities, you have to expect a lag when you add that ability to some unit for the first time. Then it's better to have the lag when the hero is selected rather when you cast the ability for the first time (I, for example, have dummy 99 level abilities, which cause serious lag when you add this ability to some dummy caster). Such lags are unavoidable at some point, hero selection is the best moment for them.

Level 8
Your Test

Hey, thank you for testing!
-The Lag is normal in every RPG at the Beginning, it´s because of the Herochoose^^ But maybe you should just wait some.
-The Darkelf is in progress and the Spell Maker just create German Map, sry i will fix that. (Done)
-You´re right. I will ask my second Producer where he got them.
-Mh, maybe a bug. I will fix. (Done)
-Good Idea :thumbs_up:
-Ops. I´ve to do a Help-Function.
-Is already done. (Done)
-Good Idea, too. (Done, now you can find it like a Worker)
-The Milita can´t move, cause they go out and kill all monsters. Maybe they should get a greater Range, like a Axe-Throw. (Done)
-By every hit on the Thief...yeah why not. (Done)
-Sorry, you can´t know, the Mediev-Guy can heal you complete if you go in front of him. There should be a hint :hohum: (Done)
-It don´t have shortkey cause it don´t need one^^ There are just Passiv Abilities.

-Hey, thank you :thumbs_up: There will be 8 Heroes at first, but later i will add some more. I have to wait for my Story Writers Story before i do a cinematic, but good idea!
You tested very good. Thank you. (New Version ready now! Check it out!)

Level 8
If you want to retry/retest my map, then its attached to this post! Sorry about the confusion in the original map thread.

Now here is my responce about your last review (just what I fixed, etc.)

>Place credits in the quest menu for the models you have used.
Done.
>Different icon for the harvester is needed.
Done (I think)
>Why not use some custom tree models in the map?
They wern't working right.
>The lanes are not perfectly balanced. The lower side has a little advantage always.
Are you sure? I found the exact opposite :p. Id you meant terrain-wise, the newest version should fix that.
>Add wildlife in the map.
I'll do that soon. :)
>Small company on the left side is not horizontal. It is half on ground & half on the mountain.
I moved it on the mountain, and its flat now.
>Placing an AI in the map will help the map.
That will be one of my biggest priorities for the next version, 1.04 (which is the next one).
>The terrain can use variations. It is average presently.
As in making it cooler looking? Well, I intend to put in a small pond somewhere...
>Some rocks on the upper left side mountain are in mid-air.
Removed & moved them/some. Shouldn't be any more floaters.
>riflemen trains a Herbalist.
Fixed./B]
>Sargent w/Carbine is Flame warrior.
Fixed.
>Different icons for the units in the barracks are needed.
There are now better ones, I'll work on looking for better ones. I'll probebly edit some of the icons for the Vetrans anyways (the blizzard ones).

Attachments

• Iowk Prelude 2v2 Pup.03c.w3x
    203.8 KB · Views: 119
Level 1
Testing

Iowk Prelude 2v2 Pup.03c
1........I was playing with 4 players on each side. One slot was empty on each side. Still there were 4 bases present in the map.
2........You have placed units of the top left side base in such a way that some of them are on the mountain.
3........The units have been placed on all 4 bases in such a way that if I kill one side's guards then I do not have to fight the other side's guards & can just destroy the base. (at least I can do this against computer)
4.......The game has one bad thing. It is not possible to upgrade the units. So I will just have to keep using the same units. It can become boring in case that on Battle.Net the game somehow goes for a long time. There needs to be some way like additional items or mercenary units or something else by which there can be a break in monotonous gameplay. Otherwise it will be just go & fight without any way to turn the tide of war.
5.......What is the use of the gold mine in this map? I get gold by cutting lumber (which is weird) so why do I need the gold mine.
6........Also the Harvester are able to take gold out of the mine (The value of gold in the mine had decreased) but it cannot deposit the gold.
7......This time the upper side seemed to have an advantage.
8......Why not introduce heroes in the map?
9.......You should increase the maximum population limit as you intend this to be a deathmatch.
10.....The units which come in the waves should change somehow. Changing attributes or models or animations will be nice.

Dungeon Gods ORPG
1.......It is written on loading screen that I can save my character. How & what will it do if I save my character?
2......Heroes Might are same for Dark Elf & Elemental Destructor? Why not use some different ones?
3......The description of "5 edges" used is for blademaster. Similar is for the that ice spell
4......5 Edges & Jump have same hotkeys
5......When I used iseedeadpeople then a message about the game ending in 5 minutes appeared. Why? You don't want cheats to be present in this map?
6......Every Zombie thief drops the same 3 items?
7.......Backpack cannot carry any weapon if my hero is carrying one.
8.......You are using barrel model for sword & knife?
9......Bad Sword & Bad knife both give +3 damage then why is there difference in their cost?
10......Why is level2 required for Bad Knife? The sword should have this.
11......Bad knife has icon of spear & spear has icon of trident.
12......Spear is Weapon but is counted in both weapon as well as offhand.
13.......I got near the dog & the quest menu showed that it was completed. How do I take the dog to the merchant? I walked to the merchant & he gave me reward even when the dog was still in the forest.
14.......Major Bug: I had saved the game. When I loaded the save file the application encountered a fatal error & I could not continue further.

As I could not load my save file I just could not bring myself to play it again. But I hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Level 1
Deforestation
>>It is very difficult to select the pit fiends. Whenever I try to select them I just select the pit.
>>I always start as the demon.
>>Why have you made the name deforestation?

Response
>>there is a clash of hotkeys of the original attack command & the custom attack command
>>A small story can help in this.

Sorry that there is nearly nothing that I can tell about the maps because these are meant for multiplayer only & I play in single player only.

Level 19
Hmm thanks.
You always start as the Demon because you are the only player, to test Deforestation, you must type -test after that 10 second wait at the start.
The name is Deforestation simple because it involves a lot of tree pwning :p

I will remove the normal attack from Response, as for the story, its random guys fighting because... uhhhh... they all overdosed on testosterone! :p

Level 8
RE:Dungeon Gods Test

1: Umh^^ You have to write -save. Then you will get a code, write it down. In the next game you can type -load code (code= the code you got) then you´ve your saved character back to play. (Done)
2: Nice Idea :) (Done a part)
3::eek: Sorry. Time to fix it. (Done)
4:Not my fault but i will fix (Done)
5:Just a joke...i can write "Fucking Cheater" too, but there is a programm to interrupt cheats. Maybe i use it.
6: Yeah. :thumbs_down: I will change that. (Done but not perfect)
7: You´re right. I don´t know how to change that. (Help?)
8: I am. Better Items will use the Treasure Model.
9: Did they? Holy Shit^^ Knife should give +2 (Done)
10: I have to change the item tooltips. (Done)
11: I don´t have so much icons, but i can download some to fix that. (Done!)
12: Oh. (Done)
13:Yep. I don´t have created a trigger yet for the dog to go home :) (Done, Dog is running Home now)
14: That´s sad :( That´s why you may use the save. (Map is for Multiplayer, you know)

Again, thank you for testing, you´re helping me very well :thumbs_up:
I need some time to fix, but if you want to play again, just do it.
It´s time to put you in the credits too.
:grin: Thank you again. (new Version ready)

Last edited:
Level 8
>Hmm? You mean you had a 4v4 going on??? What?
>I made the mountain accessable for testing purposes; think I should make more cliffs like that one, or would it be bad for balence?
>Once the AI is in there then they'll help. I'll make the guards more inter-connected.
>The next update will bring new upgrades and a special upgrade building.
>I'll make it more clear; you can get far more income by mining the gold mine than just cutting lumber. Of course its much riskyer, but worth it. I'll increase the gold & lumber amounts in the next update so then upgrades are more accessable (as they will be higher costing). I'll also make a bounty for enemy units killed.
>Capture the Small Companies. Again, I'm sorry I did not make that clear.
>Its all random; the units spawn in random locations in their spawning areas. This sometimes means that they are more grouped together & die faster from Bomtars; sometimes they are spawned in front and the shotguners in the back & thus die faster.
>Next update should! :)
>I did; just forgot to increase the lumber mill's food as well.
>Hmm. I'll try to do something like that. I do plan on a change in the scenery over times from the war. ;)

EDIT: I'd add to your Reputation for the good review, but it seems I must spread it to others before you again! :p

Last edited:
Level 1
>Hmm? You mean you had a 4v4 going on??? What?
I was playing in single player (meaning not on internet) with 1 slot on each side empty. each side had 1 permanent slot (I think for waves). On one side I was occupying a slot & on the other side computer (normal) was occupying a slot. That means that there should be 1 base on each side but there were 2 bases on each side (side means the 2 factions).

Level 4
here is the link and good testing :p there may have lot s of stuff not working i jsut want to know if you think it may be a good map you dont need to tell me all the bug maybe the huge one but no need for the small one!

O and fishing doesnt work! To be cultis just take the book the altar at lvl 15 when you are a mature male(didnt made the women yet)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/after-death-orpg-123182/#post1074612

Level 1
After-Death ORPG test

>>The camera angles in the beginning needs improvements. Try to avoid the black side. Also try not to show the edge of the map in it.
>>Good terraining attracts a lot of people. It is nice that you are taking care of that.
>>You wouldn't want the attraction due to the terrain to go in vain due to lack of proper storyline? Then start to think about the story of the optional quests too.
>>The child will need attack animations otherwise it looks too odd. Same goes for racoons.
>>I never got the awesome artefact after completing the quest of racoons. Also the quest of racoons has appeared again.
>>The abomination does not attack my mature male & female
>>Is controlling one child & 2 mature people a bug or part of game?
>>You need to add credits for custom trees & any other custom things.
>>there is a fire near the village. What for? I walked in it but nothing happened.
>>The interior of the house is not as good as the outside terrain. The lantern looked quite odd. Also the pipe can use a shift in position.
>>A few typing mistakes are present.
>>As the child progresses in levels her height increased. Good. But her height became more than the mature people at level9. Then she became a mature male & lost her abilities. Not fair.

I played that much. Now I was not able to know what more to do in the map so I stopped it.
Hope this helps.

here is the link and good testing :p there may have lot s of stuff not working i jsut want to know if you think it may be a good map you dont need to tell me all the bug maybe the huge one but no need for the small one![...]
Playing it I think it can become a good one IF you can prepare a proper storyline for it. Good terrain along with a good storyline can become very good.
>>Use custom materials keeping in mind their size.
>>Try to find some background music for the map also.
>>I already said it but it does need a storyline.

Level 4
Thank you about the review. Some of then are already know, I just didnt worked on then and some will be pretty usefull.

About the story line, i will work pretty on it and make it as attractive as possible!

And for the model credit i didnt set then already cause i will wait to have set then all! i may open all the model at the end and take the name of each poeple so it go faster.

About the 2 peasan controled at the ebgening, it s not a bug but it s not the game! it should be the main cinematic but i decided to change it and to restart all the main story to have a better one! By chance i got help form some one and may use his idea pretty whele.

Thanky ou again and good day!

>>The camera angles in the beginning needs improvements. Try to avoid the black side. Also try not to show the edge of the map in it.
>>Good terraining attracts a lot of people. It is nice that you are taking care of that.
>>You wouldn't want the attraction due to the terrain to go in vain due to lack of proper storyline? Then start to think about the story of the optional quests too.
>>The child will need attack animations otherwise it looks too odd. Same goes for racoons.( how do i set annimation to annimal and kid?)
>>I never got the awesome artefact after completing the quest of racoons. Also the quest of racoons has appeared again.
>>The abomination does not attack my mature male & female
>>Is controlling one child & 2 mature people a bug or part of game?
>>You need to add credits for custom trees & any other custom things.
>>there is a fire near the village. What for? I walked in it but nothing happened.
>>The interior of the house is not as good as the outside terrain. The lantern looked quite odd. Also the pipe can use a shift in position.
>>A few typing mistakes are present.
>>As the child progresses in levels her height increased. Good. But her height became more than the mature people at level9. Then she became a mature male & lost her abilities. Not fair.

Level 1
GodFall ChroniclesN&R.5!!

Training
>>You need to scale the force commander a bit. He should be slightly bigger. It looked nice in beginning when I compared the size to the trees but then when I was fighting the wolves the wolf looked bigger than the commander.
>>Strength is misspelled.
>>When I go to the bridge then the quest of levleling up gets completed. It should instead be updated. When I have killed all 6 wolves then the quest again updates.
>>What happens by capturing the windmill? This needs info.
>>The river after the windmill needs improvement. Where did it start from? Also at the junction of the river it looks odd. The river will be needing work.
>>After I had fought the creeps just before the settlement then 2 of them (2 skeletons) had ran away.
>>The detail of upgrade of guard tower to observation tower does not include that I will not be able to build units from it when I have used it.
>>What does the reinforce command of medical centre does exactly? I used it one a squad commander but I did not get what happened.
>>What does the offensive & defensive ability of the force commander does exactly? I leveled them up but did not see changes. That will be needing some more info.
>>the mountain which you have made have an abrupt slope. It should be a little less.

You need to polish this map.
>>The main quest can be split into more than one quests. The next one comes after the previous one has been completed. Then you can add a bit info to each of the quests. It will make it better looking.
>>You have forgotten wildlife in the map.
>>You have used only one kind of tree in the map. You can use custom trees or you can scale the trees to make them look different.

The idea of having a commander & a group of forces under him is good. It makes a nice change than the usual small forces.

Wirfile1
>>In the beginning of this map I am standing in the middle of a base which is burning as if it has recently been attacked. But what happened? You need to explain that otherwise it will be non interesting. You can add a cinematic to show the storyline. A campaign without any cinematic does not look too good in my opinion so you should think about that. Also a storyline via cinematic & the quest menu is essential otherwise it will remain unpolished.
>>At the place where Power is shown (top right) it is written "Power is harvested from trees"
>>The objective of stand ground does not complete even after the timer is over. It stays there till the end of the map.
>>You should make the gold mines invulnerable otherwise when my army is attacking them then they start attacking the gold mines under the control of the enemy.
>>The army attacked me till the reinforcement quest timer was going on. After that they did not do any raids on my base. It was basically me gathering up forces to attack them. I just made up a lot of forces & then taking down their bases one by one. That made the map one sided after a while.
>>You should add up side quests in the map. Like saving some people or escorting people to safety. They can give some additional units or allow new units to be built.

You are making a different type of campaign but you will need to polish it properly. Adding more description to the quests should be a priority. Also cinematic can help & proper storyline is also needed.

>>The guard post gives protection even when it is under construction
>>Academy has no description
>>There is a problem in formation of the units. I mean when I move say 5 captains then all the units move with him but they do not stand in a good formation. They just crowd around. I don't know if it can be taken care of but still it would be nice if it could be.
>>What do I do with the ruined towers?
>>In academy there is an upgrade "Craft Master Crafted rifles". It says that it requires factory for it. After I make factory the ability is still not present. Why?

Doing the others. Will tell you when I do them.

Last edited:
Training
>>You need to scale the force commander a bit. He should be slightly bigger. It looked nice in beginning when I compared the size to the trees but then when I was fighting the wolves the wolf looked bigger than the commander.
Maybe rather scale wolves down. Unless it would be a giant wolf. :p

>>Strength is misspelled.

>>When I go to the bridge then the quest of levleling up gets completed. It should instead be updated. When I have killed all 6 wolves then the quest again updates.
Yes, that quest is really crappily done. It must be remade.

>>What happens by capturing the windmill? This needs info.
I thought I did so.

>>The river after the windmill needs improvement. Where did it start from? Also at the junction of the river it looks odd. The river will be needing work.
Yeah, I know that terrain it's a bit crappy. (although the terrain isn't mine

>>After I had fought the creeps just before the settlement then 2 of them (2 skeletons) had ran away.
Probably a bug in the system, these troops apparently aren't correctly set up.

>>The detail of upgrade of guard tower to observation tower does not include that I will not be able to build units from it when I have used it.
I know that and I agree that tower thingy it's a bit odd and unbalanced. I told the guy that it doesn't make sense, but he won't listen. But lately he realized that kind of set upgrades it's idiotic

>>What does the reinforce command of medical centre does exactly? I used it one a squad commander but I did not get what happened.
It isn't written that it reinforces groups?

>>What does the offensive & defensive ability of the force commander does exactly? I leveled them up but did not see changes. That will be needing some more info.
Increasing damage and armor.

>>the mountain which you have made have an abrupt slope. It should be a little less.
Yeah, I know that terrain it's a bit crappy.

>>The main quest can be split into more than one quests. The next one comes after the previous one has been completed. Then you can add a bit info to each of the quests. It will make it better looking.
I didn't want to complicate things. Scrolling through quests it's annoying for me.

>>You have forgotten wildlife in the map.
Hmm...we'll see

>>You have used only one kind of tree in the map. You can use custom trees or you can scale the trees to make them look different.
Yeah, I know that terrain it's a bit crappy.

Wirfile1
>>In the beginning of this map I am standing in the middle of a base which is burning as if it has recently been attacked. But what happened? You need to explain that otherwise it will be non interesting. You can add a cinematic to show the storyline. A campaign without any cinematic does not look too good in my opinion so you should think about that. Also a storyline via cinematic & the quest menu is essential otherwise it will remain unpolished.
There is some description at the start menu. We decided to not do cinematics, there are still plenty of games out there which don't feature cinematics and imo: no cinematic > non-skippable cinematics

>>At the place where Power is shown (top right) it is written "Power is harvested from trees"
It will be fixed

>>The objective of stand ground does not complete even after the timer is over. It stays there till the end of the map.

>>You should make the gold mines invulnerable otherwise when my army is attacking them then they start attacking the gold mines under the control of the enemy.
goldmines are vulnerable because then the workers would be safe there so after you get them in, you can peacefully mine gold, which it's no fun and imba.

>>The army attacked me till the reinforcement quest timer was going on. After that they did not do any raids on my base. It was basically me gathering up forces to attack them. I just made up a lot of forces & then taking down their bases one by one. That made the map one sided after a while.
Odd, they attacked me. Not strong attacks but still it's supposed to be the first real mission thus not too hard.

>>You should add up side quests in the map. Like saving some people or escorting people to safety. They can give some additional units or allow new units to be built.
Meh, thats too rpg-ish, actually wasn't planning to add that at all.

You are making a different type of campaign but you will need to polish it properly. Adding more description to the quests should be a priority. Also cinematic can help & proper storyline is also needed.

>>The guard post gives protection even when it is under construction
Yes, I noticed it, still searching whats the problem.

>>Academy has no description
Ok, I'll add it

>>There is a problem in formation of the units. I mean when I move say 5 captains then all the units move with him but they do not stand in a good formation. They just crowd around. I don't know if it can be taken care of but still it would be nice if it could be.
if the members of the group stray too far, they are forced to follow the commander. That distance can be modified with follow distance. Formation and stuff will not be implemented, mainly due to warcraft crappy pathing.

>>What do I do with the ruined towers?
Usually it's an underground passage. I'll try to activate them more

>>In academy there is an upgrade "Craft Master Crafted rifles". It says that it requires factory for it. After I make factory the ability is still not present. Why?
Apparently it requires the last tier factory. I'll try to do what I can

Level 3
Just need an FPS rate test of my map.

MaP

I don't do viruses btw.

When it starts, just type /fps then numbers will appear above your war3 screen.

While going around and pressing up, down, left, right keys, check out the FPS rate and tell me what your fps is, in different locations.

This is quite simple. Why don't you start with this?

Level 1
Response v0.9
I am not familiar with Arena maps but I will try to tell you some tips.
>>try to change the terrain a bit. For example use a bit height variations.
>>At the centre of each edge there is a raised platform. I assume that you are using it so a person can use blink ability to go there. It has low space for a person to stand & heroes cannot stand on it.
>>the number of obeslik present should be equal to number of players. Suppose I play 1v1 then there should only be 1 obeslik on each side instead of 6 on each side.

Duel v1.0.5
>>Instead of changing the name of teams put that thing inside the quest menu.
>>No message appeared to tell me that I needed to choose one of the 2. After 30 second the bottom one was automatically chosen.
>>The AI for bottom is really bad. I tried 3v3 but soon all my units got killed. I had 1 gold so I just cannot build any units but just stand there to see what took place in the rest of the map.
>>You can use more than one kind of tree or scale them to make them look different. Adding wildlife can also help.

Tropic Thunder
>>around 64.5 around the top corner of the map.
>>around 63.8 when terrain level dropped
>>56 when I took roar near the sea

Hey I am thinking what positions you were mentioning? Am I giving the correct positions?

Level 19
Yup, the platform is just there for only 1 person, though more are able to fit.
Ugh, removing the obelisks would be a pain in the ass, lots of If/Then/Else

What do you mean by "Instead of changing the name of teams put that thing inside the quest menu."?
A message does appear at the start telling you to choose an arena... Ill highlight it
This map is meant to be played with people, the AI is just a simple extra (Lol, you have to be really pro to beat it :p).
Wildlife annoys me D: Gettin the the way...

Level 1
Don't download that map from Your friendly bot, i guess he implemented a virus in the map.

And it would be friendly if you check my maps :).
I have two virus scans before I play any map & I delete any custom maps after I have played them so no risk.

I have downloaded one of your map & will tell you about that.
Yup, the platform is just there for only 1 person, though more are able to fit.
Ugh, removing the obelisks would be a pain in the ass, lots of If/Then/Else

What do you mean by "Instead of changing the name of teams put that thing inside the quest menu."?

A message does appear at the start telling you to choose an arena... Ill highlight it
This map is meant to be played with people, the AI is just a simple extra (Lol, you have to be really pro to beat it :p).
Wildlife annoys me D: Gettin the the way...
I meant that you have placed name of temas as "second slot-defense AI" & other is also like that. I meant that you place them inside the quest menu.

Well if the AI is that tough you should try to soften it a bit.

Also Guys do not give any other maps for the time because I have already many to test here.

Level 1
Boss Fight: Steam Guard X-1
>>As this is meant for multiplayer I did not survive for long. The knight was the only guy who survived for some time. Others died quite soon.
>>I was playing with one slot on my time filled. The boss soon killed me but still the game did not end. That should happen otherwise that is a major bug.
>>there is a messages saying the shortkeys for spells. What for? I tried them when I was playing as the knight but two of them did not do anything as 2 of my abilities were passive. Also it would be nice if you mentioned their individual shortkeys in their description.
>>An idea to improve this would be placing an AI due to which computer chooses players. It would be more fun to play this in single player then.

Level 3
I forgot to mention. When viewing the game, use your mouse scroll to look farther of scenery.

Find spots where grass is abundant. The starting location is actually a pretty <slow down> for me.

Scrolling down will let you see more. I need you to see more.

Oh, and comment on the environment too! (Including the thunder and terrain)

Level 1
So you played the next chapters then?
Yes I now completed it.

WhisperWood
>>The main quest description is incomplete. The sentence is left in the middle
>>After I had defeated the base north west of me my ally did not send forces to attack the north base.

All over the campaign was very good. Custom races were nicely done. Also the models for buildings & their animations were also good. The main thing to focus on is the story & in-game info & bit terraining. Some side quest would be nice.

You should submit after the polishing is done. When you submit remember to place a good description which is rare in the map section. That will create a good effect. Also add screenshots if you like. It will be even better.

Ice Forge v0.04
>>"Be forewarned anyone everyone who has entered.."--Is that correct grammatically?
>>Cleric description has spelling mistake
>>I should be able to know the spells of the heroes before I choose them.
>>More in-game info is needed. There should be more directions as to what I am suposed to do in the game after choosing the heroes.
>>As I failed to level up I am curious about what will progress when my heroes level up?
>>The environment was nice. So was the terrain.(at least as much as I saw)

You were correct I will not be able to complete this map. I died at the hands of Shiel the monument.

Last edited:
Level 21
You will get stronger if you level up, the main idea of that map was a fun and challenging multiplayer map, try to play it with friends.

And now I know what I forgot on the hero selection... the spells -.-

And yes, that sentence is right spelled, it is written by a english guy from THW.

And you start infront of a cave if you select a hero... you should go in the cave? :p just guessing^^ it is kind of an exploration game, and theres not much information required, it is a bit like impossible bosses, a self-exploration game.

Level 8
You will get stronger if you level up, the main idea of that map was a fun and challenging multiplayer map, try to play it with friends.

And now I know what I forgot on the hero selection... the spells -.-

And yes, that sentence is right spelled, it is written by a english guy from THW.

And you start infront of a cave if you select a hero... you should go in the cave? :p just guessing^^ it is kind of an exploration game, and theres not much information required, it is a bit like impossible bosses, a self-exploration game.
Remember that Zelda.Alex cannot host in battle.net, which is why (he/she?) is only reviewing for single player. Zelda.Alex has also said that he/she cannot host & thus why Zelda.Alex perfers single playable maps.

Level 1
Remember that Zelda.Alex cannot host in battle.net, which is why (he/she?) is only reviewing for single player. Zelda.Alex has also said that he/she cannot host & thus why Zelda.Alex perfers single playable maps.
That is he. And yes that is the reason I did not say anything more.

How about my map :[
Don't worry. Your map is the next one. I will tell you about that soon.

Have you perhaps tried Highmount too?
I just completely forgot that. Sorry I had to delete the game & with that went the save game. When I played the campaign again I thought I had played that as I had written about that a little. Foolish me. I will play & tell about that but it will take a little time as that was a big map.

Your Friendly Bot's Map
>>the place where bridge meets the land needs improvement. Just at the junction the terrain can use improvement. It is suddenly slanted downwards.
>>In the whole map the places where the land meets the sea is bad. For example near the bridge take a look at the shape of edge terrain. It is sudden spiky. Take a look.
>>the terrain at the beach near the bottom of map can use height variations. It is plane. Also the terrain where the grass meets the beach needs improvement. It is sudden slope downwards but still I can walk down.
>>Place the name of the author of the model. You need to place credits for the guy.
>>I have commands "Patrol", "Move", "Stop", "Hold Position" & "Tool Tip Missing"---What is the last one?
>>Different icon for the riflemen is needed.
>>More in-game info for the gameplay is needed.

I cannot see any other thing in the map for present. Since it is in alpha stage this is pretty good.

Main focus for terrain is about the sudden changes in height & the places where the boundariesof 2 terrain meet.

Last edited:
Level 1
Godfall
Highmount

>>Like other maps the terrain can use improvements.
>>I wasn't able to enter the ruined towers. I never knew how.
>>You should write cooldown time for the spells in their description.
>>What is the graveyard present for? I used my airship to take army near it & easily destroyed it. I did not get any experience by destroying it.
>>What are the gateway present near the graveyard. I cannot walk inside them.
>>There is a windmill present just in front of the graveyard which is under control of enemy. I just used my airship to take mycommander to it. Then I controlled it but no one interfered with me. Weird that I have it in my control within their camp.
>>The problem in this map is computer's passive behaviour. They do attack but only after I attack. It makes it perfectly possible for me to make a fully advanced base & do all researches withut any kind of interference.

>>Like other maps the terrain can use improvements.
I know, it was very quickly made. But it was the first map in campaign.

>>I wasn't able to enter the ruined towers. I never knew how.
Due to rly crappy dungeon terrain we decided to disable the ruined towers as underground passages. They will be reactivated when the cave terrain will be updated.

>>You should write cooldown time for the spells in their description.
Warcraft spells have no cooldown time written in tooltips.

>>What is the graveyard present for? I used my airship to take army near it & easily destroyed it. I did not get any experience by destroying it.
W00t! You weren't supposed to get to the dungeon with the airship. Bah, I see I have to fix this. And graveyard were like for decoration, rly, I could do them that they train zombies when you kill a squad.

>>What are the gateway present near the graveyard. I cannot walk inside them.
Linked with ruined towers.

>>There is a windmill present just in front of the graveyard which is under control of enemy. I just used my airship to take mycommander to it. Then I controlled it but no one interfered with me. Weird that I have it in my control within their camp.
Yes, they are invulnerable and computer is unable to recapture stuff in that map.

>>The problem in this map is computer's passive behaviour. They do attack but only after I attack. It makes it perfectly possible for me to make a fully advanced base & do all researches withut any kind of interference.
This map was first done in the campaign, when I didn't even participated in its creation and since the original creator has no experience in AI making we left as is, too much changes would have to be made

Status
Not open for further replies.