• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #20 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
thread_hive_logo-png.323627

ct_terraining-png.311502
contest-png.311487
p_hash-png.311483
2-png.311475
0-png.311473

thread_results-png.311519

upload_2019-5-13_23-37-3-png.322819

Participants are to create a scene with the water structures. An oil platform, a lake town, a sea base are some of the unlimited examples. Structures that can be placed on a lake, river or sea. Water structures can be modern, futuristic, ancient or fantasy. You are free to draw inspiration from real life zones or fantasy ones but new things are encouraged to be portrayed.

other_prizes-png.311512

• First place: 45 reputation points, your entry on the award icon and a custom rank icon
  • Second place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

other_judges-png.311510

• Heinvers
  • Naze

other_contest_judging-png.311506

Fang with Aruvalitia

Creativity 11/15

I love the output. Adoring the idea behind it.

Detail 10/15

Hey, these are quite fine. Lovely attention, well done with the main building. I can see some rough edges, in particular with the foreground area, the rocks, the grass.
More details could be added in the foreground to amplify the feel that it’s closer than the rest of the scene.
the ‘water’ isn’t particularly convincing and lacks better texture and detail. The sky is another issue. I recommend checking fladdermasken’s tutorial.

Technique 10/15

You have improved a bunch but you’re a long way from modern techniques we use.

Aesthetics 11/15

Now this was quite an unexpected turn. The overall scene makes for a great picnicking location. However you still need to add a better flow of story to your terrains.

Total 42/60

= = =

Kristopher with Mellow Marsh

Creativity 12/15

Cozy and welcoming I feel when I’m looking at it.

Detail 12/15

I like the detailed works here. I’d add more ropes, benches, ladders and two or three chimney to the roof for more immersion with your environment.
You should definitely work more on the water; add water color variation, use Talavaj’s lilypads up-close and reeds plus bushes to the pillars and edge of the water.

Technique 11/15

You’ve managed the scene quite well. One advice though: in scenic terrains we use HQ textures in the foreground, SD textures in midground and SD or LQ textures in the background when using the models to build our scenes.

Aesthetics 11/15

As stated before, you need color variation in this terrain. Good result nonetheless.

Total 46/60

= = =

Leods with Europa, Moon of Jupiter

Creativity 10/15

Nice. You could’ve gone way more with it.

Detail 8/15

You are really rough with your terrains. This one cries out in agony.
Really now, you should always smooth out rough edges with attention, caring terraining and ideas with what would look best for your pieces.

Technique 9/15

I don’t see innovative means of executing this terrain. You need to know that playable terrains switched at an angle isn’t a true scenic terrain if you haven’t worked more on your motivation.

Aesthetics 9/15

Rough, rugged and unfinished. The scene lacks the in-depth story, the flow of the terrain and coercive color palette. Next time mate, next time.

Total 36/60

= = =

Neruvatar with Nazjashuri Complex

Creativity 12/15

Likeable and pleasant to look at. Good job.
It could use more structures beyond though.

Detail 11/15

This mate looks quite extraordinary. One thing comes to mind when looking at these Sunken Ruins arches, repetition and stretched textures in sight.
Another thing is that those effects are screaming at the viewer. You shouldn’t scale too much the Vanilla models since their textures are LQ.
Not bad though.

Technique 11/15

As mentioned above, repetition is a big problem with your terrain. The architecture of the scene is imposing nonetheless. The water could use more variation, especially color and perhaps bubbles.

Aesthetics 12/15

While the scene seems fine and dandy, the overkill of the standard ingame texture usage is a burden and makes one wonder why the author hasn’t gone beyond that. The idea itself is good but the results are a bit lackluster. Commendable effort however.

Total 46/60

= = =

NightStalker with Land of Giants

Creativity 11/15

Good, imposing but not really innovative.

Detail 11/15

You need to manage your texture usage around. HQ for foreground, SD for the middle and LQ for the background.
The castle would be great were it not for the stretched doodads and low management on numbers. Look into using more of Talavaj’s, B2M’s or LongBowman’s models for medieval structure creations.
The water is saying: bad opacity, lacking color, standard Blizz Water(it isn’t good in scenic terraining unless it is used with the Alpha Tile), missing mist and cloud disappearance.

Technique 12/15

The castle in itself is good but the means to its creation lacks in doodad usage. Consider tinting them to your envisioned environment, time of day and story driven idea.
The sky is another low point. Read more on fladd’s tutorial on atmosphere creation and cloud usage.

Aesthetics 12/15

Blending and coercion is a must here. The way I see it is that the terrain itself, the water and the sky seem detached due to uneven management of the models themselves.
Impressive scene on the other hand. Looking forward what you could do with future themes.

Total 46/60

= = =

PrinceYaser with Haven of the Pantheon

Creativity 12/15

‘This one is mine’. Indeed this terrain is conveying a story driven time and scene.

Detail 12/15

The attention to details is good and makes me wonder what were you thinking about when working on the terrain. There are however some things that could make it even better: that statue is really pestering the viewer(might be the pose or model), the sky is nice but I’d work more on the stars, perspective and variation in texture.

Technique 14/15

Teasing, loveable and caring. Only the sky keeps it from a perfect score. Well done by the way.

Aesthetics 14/15

Scene blends well together, it has variation in terraining works, the lights are great and it serves its purpose. Proper tones have been used and the overall location reeks of a homecoming feels.

I’d just add a proper background if I were you :]

Total 52/60

= = =

Ragnaros17 with Iskandar City

Creativity 11/15

Mighty fine but not something mind-blowing.

Detail 10/15

I will repeat what was said to the others: In terraining textures are managed as follows; HQ for foreground, SD for the middle and LQ for the background for blending purposes.

You need detailed scenes up close to the camera, mildly detailed midground and scarcely detailed ones in background with shapes that suggest that there’s more there without clogging it.

Technique 10/15

The sky is passable for this scene. Standard technique but with not so good results.

What you need here is inspiration and more works to achieve the desired output.

Aesthetics 11/15

Passable and coherent terrain. Now, in terraining we tend to detach ourselves more from the WCIII feel due to it not being very life-like and limiting to our imagination. Work more on doodad management, texture use given the perspective, fog, glow and cloud, plus overall model selection.

Total 42/60

= = =

RedLord with Not Midnight Swamp Anymore

Creativity 11/15

It fits for the given theme but isn’t bringing something new.

Detail 7/15

Given that this is unfinished I’d say it’s fine for the moment. I would add more love to the background and experiment more with sky the atmosphere. Check up on some terrains around for that.

Technique 9/15

You made the basic needs of a terrain. Perspective wise, it adds little to the scene.

What the scene demands is better environment, smoother curves and attention to the point of central focus here: the castle.

Aesthetics 10/15

Here the composition seems a little random due to the unfinished state. You need to work on centrality for the castle and make the surroundings complement it. Not to say that you need more practice. Don’t give up :]

Total 37/60

= = =

SNART with Sea Sunset

Creativity 12/15

Good interpretation.

Detail 13/15

On point and quite minimal with attention to details. The sky needs variation and better usage of spheres and clouds.

Technique 11/15

While I’m not too keen on the approach here, I like the lens-like effect. Although as mentioned before, the sky is cutoff by the water and makes me think of the end of the world. Check up on terrains around and see what fladdermasken explained in his sky tutorials in order to assert that problem.

Aesthetics 13/15

Pleasant, warm, comfortable and inviting. If you’d address the sky issue and add some nebula models to the fog, the scene would be great.

Total 49/60

= = =

Strydhaizer with Uncovered

Creativity 12/15

On point, minimal but done before. Good either way.

Detail 14/15

Greatly conveyed, textures used with though, water convincing and islands finely placed. I like the point of focus. It reminds me of the Lighthouse of Alexandria for a reason :]

Quite enjoyable given that you mostly use a combination of Fingolfin’s Minas Tirith doodads with Vanilla arches.
The problems here being the foreground islands. I can see the single model use here, not a great approach given that they are the closest to the camera. Also I would add more vegetation to those and perhaps some debris around them.

Technique 15/15

The execution of the scene is perfect. Lovely, relatable and caring. Good job Strydhaizer.

Aesthetics 15/15

Almost dark noir in looks and desaturated. It adds the needed flavor for the story and weights heavily on point here.
If I would terrain that, I’d add more dynamic colors to the sky. Not too much but just a hint of joyfulness.

Will give max points either way. It deserved it since it’s actively speaking to the viewer.

Total 56/60

= = =

Aruvalitia by Fang

Creativity 13/15

I like the idea, and I think that your approach of the "Water Structure" theme with a floating isle kinda took me off-guard, which is a good thing. Even though it wasn't mind-blowingly impressive, I'm giving you more points than my personal standard for this regard.

Detail 11/15

Details were overall nicely executed. Both the foreground and the background are fine and don't feel either overdone with excess details or lacking. I'll complain, however, with how you managed the lower water/sky part, below the main building. It isn't very clear what's going on, and I could only interpret that after I read your lore text. A good image should be readable by itself without support from complimentary text, which means you could've experimented with more ways to portray water or sky in a more obvious manner for us to understand it's a floating "skyland" thing (e.g. adding waterfall, or tilting the camera angle). Other issue on details: the main building is fine, however it doesn't have a unique/interesting architectural details to catch the viewer's attention, so it ends up being cool, but kinda average.

Technique 10/15

Overall very decent, specially regarding the way you built the main structure and that natural foreground. My main complaint here: there is no distant background behind the main building, because it reminds me of the end of the World Editor map is right there, which isn't a good thing and breaks immersion. I'd have added some things very distant things/isles/mountains slowly fading away in the horizon to avoid this. Something else I'd like to mention: the sky is pretty simple, which deducts from the overall quality of the scene. It's always better to mix the doodads and fog a little to try to create a more convincing sky than simply using the cloud model. Like how you did the bottom part! The foggy bottom of the scene (below the main building) looks really cool and interesting, so that's a good aspect.

Aesthetics 14/15

You had the sense of keeping the high-res doodads in the foreground while keeping the less HQ ones further away from the camera, good work. Also the overall color scheme was pleasant for me, the different shades of blue that you managed to create using the darker tones from below the main building and the brighter ones in the middle of the scene were beautiful. The building architecture also adds more eye-candy for us and it is decently made, which is good. I kinda wished for a more interesting use of colors (the brutal dominance of various shades of the same blue becomes kinda boring) and architecture, but it is nevertheless a beautiful scene.

Total: 47/60

Mellow marsh by Kristopher

Creativity 12/15

Fits the theme, though not surprising, but it's a solid choice nonetheless. Doodad usage, terrain and atmosphere aren't really impressive in terms of creativity, however they're good and made in a way that's not too boring.

Detail 13/15

Attention to detail is really good. No major flaws like over-exposing low-res doodads or spamming the same doodad in the same size/orientation over and over. However I have a complaint: the last far-away treeline on the horizon and the sun. The trees kinda end in a way in which they're still too big for me to presume they're far away. They also don't get more clumped with distance, they're still kinda sparse, which does not favor the viewer in getting the impression that they're far away. Also, a low hill in the horizon towering over the treeline could've helped there. The way it is I kind of get reminded of the end of the World Editor map, which isn't optimal. The sun looks like it's shining through a very foggy day, which is alright (though not much impressive for a terrain, but ok). The problem is that its rays are kinda green. Very green tbh =P breaks immersion a little bit.

Technique 14/15

The only problems existing with your technique were mentioned above: the not-so-convincing horizon and also the green-ish sun rays. About the rest, it looks awesome: the water reflections are really a major part of the terrain and are perfectly executed. The attention to detail in constructing the buildings and decorating the water with plants is great. The framing and overall composition is good: the way you distanced the camera from the water and tilted it a little bit helped convey a much more interesting scene (specially considering the structures aren't really impressive). Good work!

Aesthetics 12/15

Good, though not impressive in some aspects: The buildings/pier could've had a cooler architecture so we had something more interesting to look at. The "sick green" tone is very dominant and not very pleasant to the eyes. A little bit of investment in some other colors that may add to the scene would've made it cooler. What really makes up these downsides is the beautiful water surface and reflections. They're a pleasure to look at.

Total: 51/60

Europa - Moon of Jupiter by Leods

Creativity 13/15

Okay that's an approach to the "Water Structure" that I didn't expect, which is good.

Detail 5/15

I see you're experimenting with terraining, so here are some hints: when concerning detail, pay attention at each doodad you put. You see some of your rocks are floating off the ground on the cliff? You should lower them a bit, until they touch the floor with their bottom. Else we, as viewers, will get the impression that the scene was rushed which breaks the immersion. Other example would be smoothing the sharp terrain elevation edges to make them look more natural. I can see you actually took care of doing a good tile variation, you used a variation of rock doodads and have put smaller ships in the distance (so they look they're further away) which is are good moves. However you should put a bit more love in the environmental part and experiment more with rocks, hills and other ways to conceive your terrain. Look at some references of how other terrains do it, this helps a lot!

Technique 6/15

The major flaws are: environmental doodad placement looks rushed and unconvincing; horizon line should slowly get immersed in fog with distant hills & other elements, so that it make the viewer believe it's not just the end of the World Editor map (like this); and last but not least: the presentation! Next time try cropping the image in a better way(like this). The World Editor interface does no good for your terrain. The things I see you're already going in the right direction: you already have a thin fog on the horizon, which is good. It could've been heavier so to make us believe things are actually getting distant. Also you have placed some ships far away in a small scale, which is great. The architecture you made with the man-made doodads is not bad also.

Aesthetics 4/15

The doodads and terrain are very high-contrast, flashy and colorful. Even though it's all mostly blue, there are various hues and intensities of blue that are screaming at our eyes which isn't really pleasant or realistic. Try editing the tinting color of your doodads inside Object Editor, so you can get a more nuanced scene. Also fog and lighting helps achieving this a lot (example).

Total: 23/60

Nazjashuri Complex by Neruvatar

Creativity 13/15

Water-filtering metropolis powered by arcane magic? Well, that's something I liked to see and overall enjoyed how it related to the theme in a creative way.

Detail 12/15

Some flaws regarding attention decreased this score a little bit: first the use of standard doodads with a large scale and stretched textures (this could've been optimized by reducing their size or moving them a bit further from the camera); and second on the background kind of vanishing too quickly. You could've emphasized the effect of distance by creating a series of corals that slowly fade away with distance in the background, until they are ultimately colored like the fog (just an example). Besides these two observations, the rest is quite good: we can see you've built these structures with great care and also did a good job with decorating the scene (I don't feel like it's either lacking or over-populated with doodads). Well done.

Technique 10/15

The main "technical flaws" here are the ones mentioned above, imo: 1. not managing to hide stretched textures (like to giant broken columns in the background, or the round sunken ruins column that's being used as a plateau in the foreground, just below the sirens) and 2. the kinda dull background. Besides this, you could've added some flavor to the scene with more interesting lighting coming from above. A great technical praise that I can give is that the architecture- it e looks very cool and interesting. Also the overall placement of decorations such as vegetation, etc. is good.

Aesthetics 11/15

The scene is overall really good. However upon bigger inspection the viewer may stumble upon some very Warcraft-y things (like the big low-poly model or low-res textures) that break the immersion. The overall color scheme is kinda repetitive, however the hints of the colored arcane magic gives a nice variation and harmonizes well with the scene. The architecture is also really a joy to look at, so nice work for that!

Total: 46/60

Land of the Giants by NightStalker

Creativity 12/15

Fits the theme, though nothing extraordinary. Doodad use isn't much surprising either, but it's all good.

Detail 13/15

Good work with the details and minute architecture of the terrain. No area seems to have gained little care from you, which is good. Some things that could've been improved though: I don't know if you actually got to alter the RGB tinting of your doodads in the Object Editor, but it looks like they weren't edited enough. This means that their color is like the original color, which looks very saturated and kinda toy-like (which ultimately means it breaks immersion/realism). Other aspect I'd like to mention is the water. It looks good, however at the same time it looks kinda dull with only those few large rock models placed in it. It could've been more convincing if it had a bit more work on more details like vegetation. If you didn't want to add vegetation it's fine, but you could've worked a bit more with smaller and varied shapes of rock composing the scene.

Technique 13/15

Technique regarding building the main architecture is great. The editing of doodads in the Object Editor could've been better, so to make them blend together a little more. The foreground at the very left of the scene has doodads of two different model packs juxtaposed, and their materials differ a lot and makes us realize they're just models from different authors, which breaks immersion. Also, fog helps a lot in making everything blend together, because it paints all the scenery with a thin layer of the same color, making everything look like they belong to the same place. Take this night terrain here for example. You went for a black fog choice which is unusual. However you managed to make a good horizon outline in the background, so it was a clever use of the black fog. However, as I mentioned, the lack of fog presence in the foreground reduces the appreciation of the scene a little bit.

Aesthetics 12/15

The scene is really impressive, you really managed to capture the natural drama before the storm, so kudos for that. The things I mentioned above really derailed the aesthetic performance: the few big fat rock models composing the water bottom; the doodads not actually blending much together; and the fog. However the architecture is very eye-pleasing and beautiful, gives us much to appreciate on your scene. Good work!

Total: 50/60

Haven of the Pantheon by PrinceYaser

Creativity 12/15

It's a haven. Fits the theme, not in a surprising way but it's a solid choice. Also the same for the use of doodads, however greatly executed it is.

Detail 14/15

No area seemed to have got little attention from you. We can see you micro-managed and carefully placed all the doodads in this scene, from top to bottom. They're all properly tinted, properly placed, properly scaled. Awesome work. You're not getting full score in Detail because the stars could still use a little complaint from me: they're all the same size and with a kind-of regular spacing between them. Stars would've looked more natural if they had more different sizes and spacing (example in WE; example in real life).

Technique 15/15

No major flaws are seen, imo. The use of space space in your composition is great: provides a lot of textured foreground for us to see, while still showing a lot of depth and making me as a viewer feel immersed in the scene. The architecture is a nice touch and spice the scene some interesting eye-candy for us. The sun flares and light work is amazing. The way you built the water is very nice and kept me entertained for quite some time, while I looked at it. Good work!

Aesthetics 15/15

It's great, the scene is a pleasure to the eyes. I personally enjoy how it has a lot of details but doesn't feel crowded/polluted, and how it has a lot of similar grey tones all around but doesn't feel repetitive and boring. All in all, it's an amazing work. Congrats!

Total: 56/60

Iskandar City by Ragnaros17

Creativity 12/15

Fits the theme, though nothing extraordinary. Doodad use isn't much surprising either, but it's all good.

Detail 11/15

The scene is very well populated with appropriate/fitting doodads and we can clearly see you took care for the details in foreground, midground, background and the skies. Good work on this. There's still some room left to improve though: getting these low-poly models substituted for other models, or at least combined with other models so to make them more believable. For example: the main ship in the front. You could've built another ship just by combining models found in the UTM 4, it would've looked better in the end. Same thing for the platforms: combine custom wall models with columns and what-not: usually the more composite the better!

Technique 10/15

You managed to execute the main techniques of terraining in your scene: you took care of a background, a fog, a foreground, an architecture made of interesting use of doodads, a sky, natural doodads are displayed in a convincing way, etc. However, we still got some things to be worked on: 1. placing higher-poly doodads closer to the camera and placing lower-poly doodads further away (so the scene looks better and it doesn't break immersion); 2. making composite stuff out of various doodads (look at other terrain galleries for further reference); 3. making interesting skies with fog doodads and flares. It all boils down to this: always look at terrains galleries from other people to get references and take inspiration. This advice helps a lot not only in terraining, but for anything else art-related.

Aesthetics 10/15

Your terrain makes a very amazing and impressive scene when considering Warcraft III aesthetics for custom campaigns. I would've loved to see a cinematic like this in a game. However, outside of Warcraft III aesthetics, this isn't much competitive due to the things mentioned above. And in such terraining contests people usually try to break ties with Warcraft III standards as much as they can.

Total: 43/60

Not Midnight Swamp Anymore by RedLord

Creativity 12/15

Detail 9/15

You didn't go lazy when placing doodads in your terrain, we can see this and it's certainly a good point. You paid attention to the trees in hills in the background while also paying attention to the castle in the middle and the smaller bushes river rocks at the foreground. However you must also pay attention to: tree variation and tree space. Ask yourself the question: can I see skybox of the end of the map just by looking between the thin tree trunks? Other aspect that can be mentioned is paying attention at how the bushes attach to the grassy ground. Do their color look convincing? Or do they need a little more experimentation until it actually blends with the scene? In any case I always recommend taking a look at other people's terrains just for reference: example.

Technique 9/15

You made use most of our conventional techniques for building your terrain: it has a background, a foreground and a main object in the middle. It fog covering the far away hills and has plenty of environmental doodads such as bushes and rocks giving life to your terrain. However you still have a lot of room for improvement: make the hills more convincing than just very steep grass surges. Make them outline a gentle slopes on the horizon, like in this example - this way they'll look more realistic. Make the doodads more clumped as they're further away, so we don't have to see the skybox between the trunks. Also, look at that example I just gave you and pay attention at how the tiles are used. Aim for a good time variation next time. You can also import more terrain tiles from other tilesets to make a good mix.

Aesthetics 8/15

Due to the flaws pointed above, the aesthetic aspect feels lacking: the colors of the doodads are all too bright and too contrasting when compared to the grass on the floor; the background is a tad unconvincing; etc, etc. However you still built a cool scene which has its aesthetic value. So yeah, it's still quite enjoyable: the castle in the middle of the river, surrounded by a forest in a kind of a sunset.

Total: 38/60

Sea Sunset by SNART

Creativity 12/15

Fits the theme, nothing extremely surprising but it's okay.

Detail 13/15

Kind of a minimalistic scene, however the details are nicely executed. You took care of not letting low-poly models stand out, plus you did a great job decorating the scene with environmental doodads, boats and man-made structures. The water plays a great part of the scene, but it is very high quality and has waves that bear beautiful yellow highlights on their surface. The clouds at the bottom as a morning mist had a nice effect too. However the sky lacked the attention to detail it should've had since it's such a major part of your scene.

Technique 11/15

As I mentioned above, there are no major flaws on positioning of doodads. You arranged everything in a beautiful way. The fish-eye effect was nice. Buuuut, here comes the complaint: the water-sky transition to the sky could've been more suave and believable. In this post we can see fladdermasken explaining a little better about how he does to surpass this problem. Another issue I have with this scene is that the sky is a major part of your terrain, but it's just a cloud model slapped over the sky. It could've had a bit more work and experimentation involved so to deliver us a more beautiful scene for us to look at. Here's an old tutorial for enhancing the skies in terraining. This has much to do with trial and error and experimenting with various doodads, but ultimately you can get beautiful skies like this one from Heinvers.

Aesthetics 13/15

I like the aesthetics on this a lot. Even though it has its flaws, it is a very pleasant scene overall, at least for me. The sky is a little bit of a bummer, and as it's a really big element it tends to get more annoying the more I look at it. The sky-water transition too. The bottom of the scene and the idea overall is really good.

Total: 48/60

Uncovered by Strydhaizer

Creativity 12/15

A rising tide on originally land structures. Fits the theme, nothing mind-blowing but it's alright.

Detail 14/15

Attention to detail here is brilliant. The scene overall is very well built, the positioning of the environmental doodads is excellent, and the architecture is flawless. No badly textured doodad is seen upfront, nor badly enlarged ones anywhere. I can complain, however, with the smaller "rock islands" at the foreground. They're made of a few large rock doodads, which create a kinda low-poly surface. For me at least, that's the only thing right there that broke the immersion from the scene. Although the texture is good, the surface is too angular and actually convincing as a single large rock, which contrasts with all the rest of the amazingly well-built scenery. Good work nonetheless.

Technique 15/15

Execution of all conventional terraining techniques is flawless.

Aesthetics 15/15

The scene is a joy to look at, congratulations. The desaturated dark blue-grey-ish color turned out to be a great tone to contrast with the lantern. The sky and water are very well built and, along with the structures, took me as a viewer to a journey along the scene. I specially enjoyed the bridge falling apart with its floor turning in odd ways into to water. The sky could've added a bit more flavor to the scene maybe, it's a matter of experimentation, but I'm not deducting points from that because that's more to the author's intentions and personal taste. It's an amazing work overall.

Total: 56/60

Score S = 25v/TOTv + 75( j1 + j2 )/TOTp

where v = votes entry received, TOTv = total poll vote count, j1 and j2 = score from judges, and TOTp = total judge score possible.

mathsTC20res_by_KILLCIDE.png

TC20 - winn.png

Thank you Heinvers and Naze for judging the contest. Thank you all participants who submitted entries. Meet you again next time.
And thank you Ragnaros17 and KILLCIDE for taking care of all the mumbo, jumbo contest hosting and calculations and shit.

Contest | Poll (click here to view the entries)

@Heinvers I actually took the time to read your comment. Didn't know best practice recommended HQ models for the foreground and LQ for the background! :peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:
Ye' that's a given unwritten rule of terraining. We uphold that whenever we are doing scenes and portray the terrain's story. It creates a more realistic, detailed and immersive shot :]
I'm surprised that someone took a bit of their time to read the judging. Thanks @Rui , you made my day better <3

Status
Not open for further replies.