• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #18 - Poll

Which entry is your winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

terraining.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
8.png

poll.png

Playable Desert

133407-albums3940-picture105937.jpg

Participants are to create a playable map depicting a desert; a region so arid because of little rainfall that it supports only sparse and widely spaced vegetation or no vegetation at all.

Welcome to the poll for Terraining Contest #18! Please read through the rules before voting!

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
prizes.png

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

judges.png

• Keiji
  • Heinvers

contest%20judging.png

Creativity
Includes how the theme was interpreted and portrayed. Note that there's a fine line between creative and completely offbeat./15

Detail
Measurement of detail in design and overall detail balance. Impurities include rough edges, deficiency in execution, and general disorder./15

Tecnique
Executional quality, techniques, tricks and overall terraining capacity./15

Aesthetics
Overall appearance of the final entry as a whole, e.g. an entry can lack both detail and technique but still have an overall nice composition./15
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Can't get hold of Oziris. His pastebin entry has expired and the links to filedropper are either broken or expired.

I have sent him an email and will give him 2 days to reply and get it fixed. If I can't reach him by then, we'll have to disqualify his entry and move on with the poll.

:<

No worries, "22 years ago I was all tiny and covered in blood and shit, we'll leave the past in the past". (gotta use that everytime now)
Wooo!

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Eh, why disqualify? Just include him in the Poll, and if he wins & you can't get the prize to him, give it to the #2.
Because there would be nothing to vote for if the entry isn't there. Don't fret though, I got in touch with him and he'll sort it out today.

Ya done messed up, son.
In my defense, lots of days have a tomorrow.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Sorry for the delay. Been waiting on Keiji's judging, but he has informed me that he has too much on his table currently to make it happen. Instead, we'll go with Heinvers' judging and the poll results to determine the winner.

Expect the results within next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.