• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Terrain height under water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm really not sure if this is possible, but this might be why iNfraNe made a water model for his particle system.

He made his water model for his particle system? Now I understand... I have the same problem with my Jump System, it works well for any terrain, but it has problems with water (takes the height of the water for the correction, but the terrain height for the flying height).

The problem with amphibious is that it takes the terrain height in flat water (correct English name?) and the water height in deep water, but I need to take it the water height always, because GetLocationZ() always returns that value.
My problem was solved if I just could change the units move type to swim while jumping, because then it takes the correct height - on land the unit is not moveable with swim, so I have to change it back to foot again after every jump... is there a possibility to do this? Probably not, but I don't want to loose hope too early... :wink:

Level 10
Hm, I experimented a bit; it seems that adding+removing Crow Form just effects that you can use the height change possibility of the alternate unit, that means if it's a flying unit, you can change the flying height, but if it is not, you can't do it at all.

It does not have any effect on the unit's move type, but it's the move type which is decisive how the flying height works, and this is what I want to change. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.