• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Templars of S'ziik (Campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Templars of S'ziik: A Naga Campaign

attachment.php

Hello, I'm GnoobSauce. As my last project was not too popular, I decided to drop it. So, I have decided to make a Naga Campaign. I feel that Warcraft 3 is incomplete without one. Anyways, my project is called Templars of S'ziik: A Naga Campaign. Enjoy!

Setting: From newly raised sunken temples and islands to Outland and the Icecrown Glacier, the three Naga clans establish camp.

Characters: Arthas (Lich King), Illidari Naga, Naga of S'ziik, and the Ice-scale Naga, Illidan, Lady Vashj, and many more.

Plot:
(WiP) The three naga clans are gathering strength separately in order to meet up and combine their various strengths to destroy the scourge. The Illidari Naga set up camp in the Zangarmarsh of Outland and continue to thrive on the area's many fertilities. The Ice-scale Naga are set up in Northrend all the way up to the Icecrown Glacier holding their ground against the most elite of the Scourge. Meanwhile, the Naga of S'ziik are popping up all over the eastern coast of Kalimdor up near Aszhara. They are newly raised naga, being imprisoned since the high elves making their rage insatiable. A mysterious idol(ess) called S'ziik has apparently been in meditation since before the Night Elves and has finally raised up all the ancient temples. They must all join together, despite their hatred towards each other in order to destroy the Lich King and his Scourge. Will their power suffice?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Members:

GnoobSauce - Terrainer, Story Writer, Triggerer, Modeler, Skinner
JohnGalt - Spellmaker

Naga Enchantress
FINISHED - Her info. will be up later!
Tidal Warrior
FINISHED - His info. will be up later!
Naga Warqueen
In progress...
Naga Seawitch
FINISHED - Same as ingame for now.
These are just classes, the heroes will all have proper names and play important roles to the story.

Progress

Models: 65%
Textures: 12%
Tilesets: 0%
Spells: 0%
Terrain:3%
Story: 85%
Triggers: 2%
Overall Completion

Project Progress: 8.5%
[RAINBOW]Thank You!

Comments/Critique Appreciated.
Screenshots are up!
[/RAINBOW]

(wc3campaigns thread)

Attachments

• nagacampaignss.gif
    nagacampaignss.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 18,234
Last edited:
Level 2
My favorite campaigns are ones that tie into the Warcraft canon, by far. I'm very excited, and I hope that you are able to complete it! I would recommend setting realistic goals, to make something that you're capable of finishing.
Don't focus on new, flashy models as much as a great story, beautiful terrain, and fun quests. :)

Level 10
Thank you for the input! I assure you that there will be many fun things to do and I am currently working on the open cinematic; however there are MANY things to be taken into consideration when making this such as- a Naga UI, Naga warning sounds, etc. This will all be included in the game as well as all the necessary models/textures needed to make a complete "techtree". There will be fun upgrades, spells, Heroes and much more!

Level 12
You should absolutly dont care about UI when making this. First make sure you make the campaign completly playable and fun. After that add eye-candy, projekts easly die cause they make all the models at first and then realize the projekt isnt fun to work at anymore.

Otherwise, it looks very nice. I just love the naga race.

Edit: btw Blackmorsel, are you still working on your watcher campaign?

Last edited:
Level 10
Naga UI will not be my primary concern of course, but it would for sure add to the eye candy. Models, etc. Will not be a PRIMARY concern, but before release they will be needed to complete the feel of the techtree. I finished the opening cinematic, but I will not post it here yet. My next step is to develop the techtree and begin work on the Illidari Naga section. Thank you for your comments!

P.S.- anyone that would be willing to donate some naga models, buildings, spell effects, and ESPECIALLY the UI would be given credits. And +rep (assuming by that time, I'd have 10 rep)

Level 1
Hey, this is John Galt. I'll be helping out GnoobSauce with the creation of this campaign. I'm pretty much well skilled in everything excluding skinning and extended triggers with coding.

Level 10
Update: Opening cinematic is done. Here are some screenshots from it.

EDIT:Removed screenshots for my sanity. They are just thumbnails now.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 713
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 664
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 566
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 570
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Level 3
im very exited.. 1 thing im wondering is will this campaign be connected to blizzards campaigns cause that would be cool.. if not im sure if u stay focased, this will be very fun!

Level 10
Yes, I've already got that downloaded and in my campaign, but thanks for the feedback and help!!! I have not forgotten about this campaign and I am still working on it, but you know I have friends, I play other games, etc... so progress will not be very fast, I have just started terrain for the first map and I have the basic outline done. I've been working on icons for some custom abilties too. You can find them in my Texture Gallery (in my sig)

Level 1
Hello everyone again, I've been on vacation for the past 10 days however I am back now and will be working on the rest of all of the spells and finishing the Naga Warqueen

Level 2
I'm glad to see progress! Screenshots are quite nice.

to MechMap: Yes, I am still working on the Watchers Campaign, but I just haven't been updating any of the topics. The prologue and first playable map are complete, and I've been working really hard on the second playable map, for which I've completed the terrain and started on triggers.

Level 1
The Naga War Queen has just been finished, and that concludes all current heros. All hero information shall be posted up very soon for everyone to view.

Level 10
Sorry that I have not worked on this lately.
I am currently getting ready for school to start and am taking a small break from modding wc3. Also, with the approach of tropical storm Fay, I will probably lose power since I live in the county that it is aimed for.

This project is NOT dead and I will begin work on it again very soon. expect updates within a week or two on the first playable map which takes place in Outland.

Level 10
Yeah, so... I took a huge break from WC3 and I don't plan on working much more on this campaign. I have every file zipped that goes along with this and if you would like to continue work on this I will send you the file :hohum:

However, I will help you work on it if you plan on working on it.

Level 10
It's a fitting name for a naga, as well as it keeps the correct pronunciation of the name. Instead of Sziik (pronounced either Seek or Zeek) I want it to be S'ziik (pronounced Suh-zeek)

Besides, unless you have anything constructive to say about picking up the project where it was left off- please, don't post.

Level 2
Hello,

when i started reading this thread some minutes ago i was like "hey cool, someone else working on naga and he is using the same heroes" just i do altered melee and you do a campagne, but still i would have loved to share the same tech tree so that there is some consistency and so on but you stopped it :-(

So i wanted to ask if you have something useful for me like modells not already on the hive (and are free to use), cool abilities that fit the style of those nice custom modell heroes, and an outline of the tech tree (maybe i can grap a good idea or too, though i already have quiet some..)

Thanks,
Leartes

Status
Not open for further replies.