• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Naga Project (V2.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
While I cannot be sure of the origins of the Naga Project (It could be these very forums for all I know), I have taken it under wing and have nearly finished the entire map on my own.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=7937

The Naga Project is an ageold project picked up on the Battle.net (Suggestions) Forums. After listening to a bajillion people whine and beg for Naga being added as a race, someone took it upon themself to create the actual Naga race.

This project is an open, unprotected map that has been passed around the forums. When I first took it on, it didn't even have half of what it has today. The basic goal is to create the Naga as a fully functional (ladder?) race. Currently all thats really left to do is further balance them, and work out some kinks and bugs.

Anyone is free to edit it, and I'll listen to any suggestions on balance and whatnot.

So go ahead, take a look. The Naga play just like any other melee race, just select ORC to play as Naga.

Level 2
Started oh so long ago by some brave chaps that wanted the Naga to some day become a ladder race (which is never going to happen), the Naga Project is finally reaching completion.

Or basically, I took some time to actually polish it up a tad and balance what was left.

As a quick summary, this is the map Twisted Meadows with the Orcs replaced by Nagas. You can select orc on the melee race to play as Naga. The race is almost fully functional, with most of the units balanced. Some skills are buggy (Drown, Medusa, a couple of others need tweaking). The rest of the race works just fine.
When I first took this map, it was maybe 50% of where it is now. There were buildings, and only the original units that were in the campaign, with no heroes at all. It currently has:

4 Unique Heroes
15 Different Units (6 Original, 3 New, 6 Summoned)
11 Different Buildings

But before I get into any detail, I’ll drop the credit where its due:
Thanks to….
Armel for the Enchantress/Medusa Models
Jigrael for the Royal Guard/Dream Eater/Drake (which all kick ass)
Whoever did the Drown Spell…
The_Raven for the Enchant Spell
Leopard for the base of the Tidal Aura, which will not sync no matter what I do T_T

And uh, other then the icons, most of the rest was probly work done by me.

So anyways, here’s what I’ve done since the last build of the naga project:

Heroes:

Naga Enchantress:
Enchant: Temporarily charms an enemy unit for 5/10/15 seconds. (Is dispellable)
Poison Claws: Cold arrow-like effect that gives slight poison damage, except is passive melee
Beguile: Slows and Reduces the armor of enemy units in a small area.
Confuse (Ultimate): Makes all nearby enemy (non-hero) units randomly wander around for 15 seconds (is channeling)

Naga Royal Guard:
Crushing Wave: Unchanged (carrion clone)
Frost Bolt: Unchanged (bolt clone)
Runed Scales: Reduces damage from magic taken by royal guard (20/35/50)
Azshara’s Blessing (Ultimate): Metamorphs into an Ancient Hydra, gaining massive hp regen, splash chaos damage, and generally opens a can of whoopass.

Naga Tide Turner:
Stunning Wave: Stuns a line of units (3/5/7).
Summon Sea Elemental: Think AM with bash.
Tidal Aura: All nearby enemies get a % chance to miss (8/16/24)
Drown (Ultimate): A little like starfall, but less damage, slows enemies, and is quite cinematic.

Mur’gul Gravedigger:
Raise Dead: Raises lots of skeletons, yarr.
Shallow Grave: Makes corpses.
Rot Aura: Lowers enemy armor
Dark Portal (Ultimate): Summons a very badass Eredar Warlock, which goes around blasting the crap out of everything with finger of death. Sorry, I needed to show up infernal.

Ok, then the units aren’t quite as interesting:

Mur’gul Slave: A peon that makes funny noises
Mur’gul Reaver: Light Melee, learns berserk @ t2
Mur’gul Bloodgill: Healing Unit- high hp regen, can sacrifice its hp to other units
Snap Dragon: Light T1 Ranged, can upgrade movespeed and slow poison
Dragon Turtle: Siege with devour, spiked carapace, and hardened skin. Yarr
Naga Myrmidon: Heavy Melee with ensnare and cleaving attack. Ouch
Naga Siren: Caster- Parasite/Frost Armor/Cyclone
Coatyl: Primary AA Light Air, has abolish magic, resistant skin and infect
Mur’gul Shadowcaster: Caster- Permanent Invisibility, True Sight, Counterspell (dispel), and Corpse Explosion
Spirit Drake: Heavy Air with Devour and Ethereal Form

Status
Not open for further replies.