• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teamcolor for hut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Need a help. Only one question. Now I making houses in 5 variations. Design planned. But only one problem - have no ideas where to place temcolor in first variation( If anyone have good ideas - please write them. In the most extreme case i think i will made temcolor pots as in Age of Empires.
224972-albums8483-picture104728.jpg

Level 28
It's look like a wooden house (HighElf farm), in my opinion you should put that team color on the door, why because I don't think it's will be a wise idea on the roof, walls, also, You should to make that teamcolor in the model portrait.

Level 32
Good suggestions. But there is a problem( Here are all types in this model:
224972-albums8483-picture104785.jpg

In 1 and 2 variations i not planned to use chimneys. It would be wise if i put teamcolored stripe on the bottom of wooden box (on one level with door)? But this stripe will not be visible in other variations, because i think there are enough teamcolor.

Level 29
why not both ? :p

i assume its an hastily assembled wip picture just to show how you are going to do stuff, however:
2 doesnt have chimney nor campfire, give it campfire too, 4 doesnt have chimney.
in my opinion it could go from 3 to 5 straight, with the new 5 being where its turning entirely fortified.
2's hayroof seems to be clipping through the frontal wood frame,
the windows are as large as the door if not even larger, you may want to shrink them a bit.
its weird that the building goes up in levels supported with framework and then gets it taken out later, which is whats happening in 4 and 5, also i doubt the base is strong enough to support such solid stonework above, seeing how you havent reinforced it.
lastly id like to put that it may appear too tall when complete upgraded as its remaning an strict square foundation, you can try to add an tool-shed like extension(that would exceed farm's but not orc burrow's pathing texture) to one of either side that goes like:
3- gets added and is wood
4- is upgraded to stone
5- gets upgraded with an extra level
you can try using the grating from your custom coloured cathedral windows into the window so its no longer opening into black space.
if you would like to add extra eye-candy can hang one lamp somewhere at front.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

the wood in the second building and the fourth i think looks quite bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.