• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Variations for Stone Walls - removed wall ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The normal Lordaeron Stone Walls have several variations with one or the other, or both, or none wall ends missing.

This model pack has many new walls, but all only have one or two variations, and always have both wall ends. I need more variations with missing wall ends, for example so that this doesn't happen:
upload_2018-3-19_21-55-42.png

I need the following variations:

Wall with both ends (this already exists)
with end on one side only
with end on other side only
without any wall ends.

Specifically, I only need it for the "City Wall" model in the collection, though other people would probably appreciate variations for the other walls as well:
Stone Walls

Level 12
I believe (about 97% sure) you can use the same model on 2 different doodads and rotate it internally on the second doodad by 180, so if you place the two with the same facing angle first would have pillar on left, second would have pillar on right (or top/bottom/front/back/up/down - whatever you mess around).

I, personally, would prefer to have 1 less model in the game, however minor it is.

Could be wrong though, haven't played around with doodads for... years...

Status
Not open for further replies.