• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team RPG with lovely terrain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team RPG with lovely terrain! I would like to have some inspirations from you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've uploaded the whole map as it is on the pastebin:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=tubccg

I've stopped this project. You may learn out of my terrain and maybe some of my triggers. I think credits are given in the descrption of the first trigger :p

Sorry that i didn't finish this, but it takes too much time, you know...

Up to now the map will be uploaded 1 month. Have fun with it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A Team RPG with a lovely terrain!)
"The Unwritten Tale"
Project by DEFACKTwalker, alias Mario

Map Description:

You could compare this map to an instance in WoW. Some heroes will have to kill creeps and bosses in epic fights by exploring a wonderful landscape.
After choosing your hero, you have to finish a little quest to learn an special ability. Each type of hero has it's own quest.

Features:

-I'm using the great "alpha tile" from fladdermasken for water reflections. Yeah...it's a lot of work, but is looks awesome ;-) You can find the tutorial for water reflections here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ials-278/using-reflections-terraining-171148/ - Thanks fladdermasken
-A very detailed terrain...
-Little quests, triggered spells...so far

Help?

I'm making maps since years and I don't really need help for terraining and simple spells. But I would like to have new ideas for terraining and some help for great triggered spells.
So, if this map seems interesting for you, and you have experience in mapping, please contact me here or on ICQ: 280333885

Screenshots:

Image Description:
A better screenshot of water reflections.

Screen8.jpg

Image Description:
Part of a jungle with lakes (with water reflections) and water falls.

Screen6.jpg

Image Description:
Part of the starting location, a castle in a forest.

Screen3.jpg

Image Description:
A quest area near the castle for mages and warlocks.

Screen4.jpg

Image Description:
A boss.

Screen1.jpg

Image Description:
The Magican Tower. A part of the castle.

Screen9.jpg

Image Description:
Kind of an old arena.

Screen2.jpg

Image Description:
Nearly half of the map is finished yet!

Screen5.jpg

Edit 12-5-2010:

Image Description:
Some terraining tests. A column bridge in the sky by using fladdermasken's Alpha Tile! In my opinion very amazing (=

Screen7.jpg

Edit 12-22-2010:

- Added a new screenshot. It's a new part of the castle. It's called the Magican Tower.
- There're buildings inside the castle where you have to get a training to become one of the available hero classes.
- Made some triggered spells and most of the spells are finished.
I could need someone to help me creating spells.

Edit 12-29-2010:

- Created some trash creeps. There're 3 bosses for now, partly with triggered spells for epic fights.
- Added an item system. Every hero can wear 1 armor, 1 weapon, 2 gems and 2 rechargeable things. 11 items finished yet (some with epic triggered abilities).
- Created and balanced some triggered spells. There're 29 spells yet and 6 are left to create.
The alpha version will be finished soon. So I could need some alpha testers. You'll get credits!

Edit 1-23-2011:

Image Description:
A Preview of the Frost Nova spell of the item "Frosthammer". This item can be dropped by this boss: http://www.oyla.de/userdaten/350/94525/bilder/Screen1.jpg

Screen10.jpg

Heroes in progress:

(Number of finished spells)
(Number of finished special spells which will be learned by finishing a specific quest)
- Elf Hunter (2 different beasts to summon which can level up like heroes) (4/5)(2/2)
- Human Cleric (4/5)(0/1)
- Frostlord (3/5)(1/1)
- Firelord (4/5)(0/1)
- Human Paladin (5/5)(1/1)
- Bloodelf Guardian (4/5)(0/1)
- Bloodelf Warlock (5/5)(0/1)

Edit 1-25-2011:

ALPHA VERSION Finished:
"The Unwritten Tale 1.00"

Created by DEFACKTwalker alias Mario =P

- Half of the map is finished, there're 6 areas for now
- Over 9,100 doodads
- 76 custom units (including heroes, dummies, creeps, ...)
- 7 Heroes, 29 hero abilities (13 triggered), 55 unit and item abilities
- 21 items, some with unique abilities
- A simple item System (3 types: "Armor", "Weapon" and "Gem")
- Rechargeable item stack system
- 5 Bosses, some with unique abilities
- Many hours of work... :-D

Please send me a private message if you wanna be an alpha tester. I need YOUR help to upgrade and finish this project...

Greets,

Mario ;-)

Last edited:
Level 6
The terraining looks amazing and I would like to help if there is any room for me. I can create items, triggers for item restrictions, come up with hero/terrain ideas, and help test the map.

Level 14
If you ever need help look me up. I can do anything you need me to do. (except a few things like...idk jass...or advanced triggering)

If you ever need help look me up. I can do anything you need me to do. (except a few things like...idk jass...or advanced triggering)

Thank you! I've sent you a message. It's ok, 'cause i don't understand jass, too. So i can understand your triggers, if you'll make some... Sent me your email, i'll send you the map.

Hey Oziris
What do you mean with pull of the reflecting water? The water reflections look very reaistiv ingame ;)

@ thejimmyboy:
Use this codes:
BUT USE [ AND ] for ( and )!

1. (hidden="Terrain Screenshots")

2. (color=#D0F680) Image Description: (/color)

3. An image description.

4. (IMG)http://screenshot.de.jpg(/IMG)

5. (/hidden)

So it's:

2. Image Description:

3. An image description.

4. A SCRENSHOT

5. hide it...

greets, Mario

Level 4
Hey Oziris
What do you mean with pull of the reflecting water? The water reflections look very reaistiv ingame ;)

@ thejimmyboy:
Use this codes:
BUT USE [ AND ] for ( and )!

1. (hidden="Terrain Screenshots")

2. (color=#D0F680) Image Description: (/color)

3. An image description.

4. (IMG)http://screenshot.de.jpg(/IMG)

5. (/hidden)

So it's:

2. Image Description:

3. An image description.

4. A SCRENSHOT

5. hide it...

greets, Mario

Love you man!! (Not gay!)
Thx ;D

I mean it's going to be hard to make the reflection work from every camera perspective.

Man, i made my water reflections nearly perfect. I use high scaled rocks with color 0/0/0 and i put them under the ground. The dust colors the ground light grey so that is looks like water and the rocks are big enought to make the water look good at every camera perspective ;)
I'm lucky i found that out.
Otherwise you can make a trigger that doesn't allow players to switch camera perspective. With this trigger it would be perfect.
But thanks for your post ;)

Men, I'm still working on this map and it'll be finished soon. That's the latest progress:

Edit 12-29-2010:

- Created some trash creeps. There're 3 bosses for now, partly with triggered spells for epic fights.
- Added an item system. Every hero can wear 1 armor, 1 weapon, 2 gems and 2 rechargeable things. 11 items finished yet (some with epic triggered abilities).
- Created and balanced some triggered spells. There're 29 spells yet and 6 are left to create.
The alpha version will be finished soon. So I could need some alpha testers. You'll get credits!

Please stay tuned :)

Greets,
Mario

Level 2
I would love helping you with this map, It looks very nice. Sadly, my computer is broken, and while its on repair, I cant do any mapmaking :(. But I'll contact you when its fixed, if you still needs help.

I can make advanced GUI and I have just started with Jass and would like something to practise on :p

i've stopped working on that map for a while, next week i have no tests in school so i may work on the alpha.
i just have to create a few alphatesting items and to add some creeps ;-)

thanks for being patient

Edit 1-23-2011:

Image Description:
A Preview of the Frost Nova spell of the item "Frosthammer". This item can be dropped by this boss: http://www.oyla.de/userdaten/350/94525/bilder/Screen1.jpg

Screen10.jpg

1-24-2011:
I've finished the alpha test version! I can't host at the moment, so i could need a host ;-) PM me if you wanna test this beautiful map with me!

greets, Mario

Last edited:
I've uploaded the whole map as it is on the pastebin:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=tubccg

I've stopped this project. You may learn out of my terrain and maybe some of my triggers. I think credits are given in the descrption of the first trigger :p

Sorry that i didn't finish this, but it takes too much time, you know...

Up to now the map will be uploaded 1 month. Have fun with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.