• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Yknow, with so many good ORPG's out there i decided to make my own, so heres the deal:

I need a group of team members commited to it, and also heres the ideia for the ORPG: An renaissance based Orpg, where the heroes would be like assasins(like assasins creed)musketeers,royal guards, and units of that epoch(research needed)

it would have a multiple tree choice, like life. Some of your actions affect your character life, like bad aura,good aura,nice guy,bad guy and so on

It has 4 major cities,5 settlements,2 towns and 2 villages

An transport system, like portal from one city to another

max hero lvl 150, (that is going to need lots of spells)

An beautifull terrain, with details from the epoch

NPC's with main quests and side quests

Bosses and criters from a small bandit lord to a nasty pirate, ruler of the seas(i dunno who were the bad guys in the epoch, research needed)

Weapons upgrades, plus itens and combinations

A forge system, where heroes could forge some weapons

An big load of itens,spells,heroes and stuff

Camera types

Name of everything is going to be decided in team, but please keep the theme noting like''Super French Frie ORPG'', if you think like that dont even bother comply to the post

Custom Stuff of course

And wathever could help improve my description

Heres the progress and avaible positions:

Heroes-->1%
Terrain-->0%
Stuff(places,quests,npcs)-->0%
Items-->0%
Spells-->1%
Cameras-->0%
Systems(forge,combination,wep. upgrade)-->0%
Bosses,Mobs and the rest-->0,5%

Positions:
Terrainer-Available
Triggerers-Available
Ideias-Mindblowed,Available
Spells-Mindblowed,Available
Items-Availables
Heroes-Mindblowed,Available
Stuff-Availables
Bosses,Mobs and the rest-Availables

Please send any helpfull comment on how to improve my description or if you want to join add me on msn [email protected] and send me a demonstration of what you want to be(Terrain,Spells...)

Thats it! I hope someone join this because i cant start without at least 3 people

Mindblowed to the Hive Workshop

Last edited:
Reactions: ZIR
Honestly it just seems like every other ORPG from the whole Medieval/Renaissance perspective.

This looks more like a template of ORPG basics, the only really feature I found different then any of the others being able to choose your path (which most wc3 OPRG's don't have, though it's pretty much standard now for console RPG's). It's more like you just took every game mechanic from Fable and said let's stuff this into a wc3 game.

Also your going to want a story to get anyone interested, with the setting and all that stuff. Atm this is just another "I want to make an ORPG thread," find some way to make your idea actually unique.

Level 2
This would be a huge job, did you have the story?
I love RPG and i'm experienced in VJass, i can also terrain, count me in. If you want i could send you some examples of my work but that needs time !

i think i just got my trigger expert, and terrainer, welcome aboard DanThanh, your help will be of most value to us, and also its a requiremnt to apply, send me some of your work,but dont worry i can wait, and for you WherewolfTherewolf, wait till the map comes out, then you tell me if it isnt unique

Last edited:
Level 2
Im sorry for not showing up too much these days, is just that SC2 took my whole time away(its like a disease, but the best disease ever, everyone should get it). I liked your skills shadower, i would love to see some models,items,spells. I just need something from your work and then you tell me if you accept the invitation. Klingo some spells would be awsome if you are still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.