• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Original RPG-project with alot of potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
dont dismiss this as an average crappy RPG attempt.

i am currently looking for people willing to help me out with this rather huge project that i would never bring up the endurance to finish alone.

what makes this project different?

the "mod" is divided into different maps
1. the main epic sized terrain in wich the main plot takes place
2. several smaller maps, wich represent dungeons.

to access a dungeon, one player must know the dungeon password. it can be obtained by solving riddles or quests in the "main-map". the player can then save his hero, open the dungeon map, and invite some buddies to play it with him. obviously hero creation can only occur in the "main-map", therefore every player that joins the dungeon-raid-map would have to input a loading code.

basically this is what happens in the main-map:

- player battles of up to 5v5 players in the arena
- conquering neutral towns by one of the (two) parties (each carrying up to 5 players)
- players can level their heroes and buy and trade items, also kill certain creeps or obtain experience by solving "trade-and-talk" quests.

this is what occurs in the several dungeon-maps:

- major leveling
- acquiring rare and unique items
(wich obviously can also be used in the main-map)
- acquiring quest-relevant information, or information that can lead to fancy
secrets in the main-map.

interested?

nice to hear! currently i am looking for pretty much everything.
work will be split among the following aspects:

- terrain
- hero creation (this is critical!)
- item creation (needs alot of coordination obviously to keep things balanced)
- game mechanics
- creep & npc creation

"this project seems endless!"

yes indeed. that is why i would try to set a primary goal to work towards to. once that goal is reached bugfixing and polishing can begin. that goal would be:

-heroes
having about 2-3 heros per class (classes not yet clear), that work smoothly, are optically appealing (for example the spell buttons of a "frost mage" should all be of a similar blueish-color, and not random-fitting-buttons), are balanced, complement each other and fullfill a specific role in a party (healer, tank, support caster etc)

-terrain
having a basic main-map terrain with not necessarily decoration, but with alredy clear "areas" and routes. also some game mechanics like weather, and some special-events. especially important (also for beta testing) is the arena in the middle of the map, wich should work properly and smoothly.

-dungeons
having at least 1 smoothly working dungeon, with a boss, and non-linear route. what this means is that at some points in the dungeon, players can choose to open either gate A or gate B, but will have to decide for one of them. the progress trough the dungeon should be altered by this decision (for example by switching the boss at the end of the dungeon according to the players choice).

-mechanics
and ofcourse the save/load system would have to work perfectly, since it is the most critical aspect of the project.

==> from that point, the project-team would continue adding higher-level dungeons, a shitload of more items (all custom), more heros, more spells, possibly new professions, more quests and main-map-events, and polishing this and that even further.

for a more detailed description check the post in the idea-factory:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f462/multi-map-rpg-concept-106101/

Status
Not open for further replies.