• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ORPG Dungeon Crawling Project - Seeking anyone interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there folks,

I've been working on a project for a little while now, the idea is perhaps a little generic - the players each pick a hero (which can be saved and loaded between games) and they take on various themed dungeons which contain loot and experience with which to grow stronger.

My main aim with the project is to create a much higher depth of complexity in the gameplay. I want both the enemies players battle to be non-trivial and interesting and for the characters they play to be complicated and customisable.

My work so far has been towards producing a 'demo' where players can hop in, pick a character and do a dungeon. So far I have made around 15 demo heroes with pretty interesting and varied abilities, I've been working on plans as to where to take them in terms of abilities, talents, items and such. I just need to put together the dungeon for them to run. So you might be asking, what am I looking for?

To be honest it's pretty lonely work doing this all on my own, and the scale of the project is daunting, so I'm looking for help wherever I can get it. To be clear I am happy to and able to perform any necessary parts of the project ranging from modelling to spellmaking. I don't necessarily think I'm anywhere near going to be the best person for any of these jobs though, so I'm happy to collaborate with anyone who has relevant experience or interest. That means I'd be happy to take on any of the following:
- Spell maker
- Terrainer
- Modeller
- Designer
- Tester

If you would like, you can contact me and I will send you a map file with what I have so far. I consider it all pretty heavily subject to change but I think the abilities I've put together on the heroes makes for a good example of the level of design I am going for. If you have any other questions then please feel free to ask also.

Honestly if you're just willing to help test and provide feedback that would already be of great help

Thanks

Level 4
Hi thanks for the tips I am happy to clarify

The map runs in both HD and SD. To be honest I don't know if one is particularly more popular or useful than the other so I figured best develop for maximum compatibility.

The map uses Jass, mostly because that's the language in which systems I have pulled off of Hive Workshop use. I could use Lua instead, to be honest I am more familiar with Lua from other games but I think that would mean having to re-write a bunch of stuff I don't want to

Edit: Oh and I'm developing it on latest patch so I believe that is 1.33

Status
Not open for further replies.