• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Fantasy MP Rogue-Lite recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello fellow Hiveminds,

I am looking for some helping hands in my project, working title "The far depths"
The game is primarily a dungeon crawler and will feature several Game modes to play in.
I am going for a Survival-Horror look and feel, which is going to hammer home the fear and dread that a dungeon dive into uncertainty would bring. Light and light management is one of the core aspects of the Map. There will be a few mild crafting systems including Alchemy, Scroll scribing and Trinket tinkering.
These systems as well as the dungeon will be based on Random generation for each game, leaving a lot to explore and find out in every playthrough.
The game however is no open ended RPG leveling game but depending on game mode more a board game like experience with set goals and a play time between 30-120 min. (there will be an open ended gamemode, but that is not the planned core gameplay.
The map is planned to be played with 1-6 players

I have most systems for the game planned but uncoded. I have started scripting the dungeon generator, which is about 75% done.
Character leveling and skills need more planning, But I have the guidelines done.
I have planned what enemys I want to have in the game and how they should work, though that list is allways open for new ideas.

So what do I need from you, if you're interested?
Most important:
-Texturing in high Quality and Icon Design.

The Map has entirely custom design and models to achieve the atmosphere I am aiming for. This means I am bound to use new HQ Textures (512x512p), but as I have no skill in Handdrawing them myself and I have no Software, like Substance Designer, my only option is using Photo textures. This works well for the environment but falls flat entirely when it comes to Characters and Monsters.
So what I require here is someone with ability in texturing Character models, and in capturing the Atmosphere I'd like to create. If you have a more cartoonish style in texturing I'd need you to texture the objects in the dungeon too, but if it works well with the photo textures I would gladly keep those.
The Map will be limited to a total of 6-24 Characters, half male, half female. (depending mainly on how detailed and unique each character is going to be) And a total of so far about 20 different Monsters. (With some being variations of the same creature)
The dungeon Objects reuse a lot of HQ Variable textures, so in case you want to do everything, there are probably about 20-50ish textures to be done here. These textures need to be seemless for the most part and give each Surface some detail.

Secondary, but also important:
-Someone with ability in Jass and especially in optimizing GUI in Jass

The scripts I need to run the map like the dungeon generator are pretty heavy and in some cases prone to use up too much RAM and crash the game. As I am more a script designer and less a coder however I have issues solving these problems myself.
Any help and suggestions are worth a lot here. I would also really love it if someone who likes to code would take my systems and put them into the map. But necessary is only someone willing to look over the systems once they're done and tweak them to reduce lag and instability.

And lastly:
-Anyone interested

If you'd like to just join in the project and work your own ideas into the map, any interest and any help is very much welcome. No matter if you're interested in helping me design the systems, flesh out the character designs and monsters, or help me by giving me ideas for assets to put into the Dungeon Generation.
Any help and interest is very much appreciated.

I'd be glad to hear from you, if you're interested in joining the project!

Status
Not open for further replies.