• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team color problem for 7 iq man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Am trying to add teamcolor to a model but i'm not getting something right even though i dug up the tutorial from w3cnet...
So i edited geotset1 and 2 of the orcwarlock mdl, then alpha-ed the parts of the texture i want teamcolored (both use the same texture) but only geo1 gets the color treatment even though i set both mdls to id1.
mahamed.JPG
What i see
salah.JPG
Warcockbodyalph is the edited texture btw
My pea brain also doesn't get what blend mode does but it certainly didnt work

Level 4
those guides didn't solve the problem :/

Attachments

• OrcWarlock.mdx
    198.9 KB · Views: 43
  • warcockbodyalph.blp
    147.6 KB · Views: 46
  • warcockhead.blp
    173.1 KB · Views: 47
Level 12
Hello there, found your post by accident, hope it's not too late !

I am no expert, but I was working on a similar problem, then I had a look, and you messed up the textureIDs, you also had multiple identical Materials.

To get a team color on parts of a model, all you need is :

- Your texture with alpha'ed parts for your teamcolor like you did
- The ReplaceableID1 for the team color

then you needs both layers in the same material, and that material needs to be assigned to all geosets using it.

Also you don't need to create multiple identical materials for your different geosets.

Anyways, I have attached your fixed model.

Attachments

• OrcWarlock.mdx
    198.7 KB · Views: 43
Level 4
Hello there, found your post by accident, hope it's not too late !

I am no expert, but I was working on a similar problem, then I had a look, and you messed up the textureIDs, you also had multiple identical Materials.

To get a team color on parts of a model, all you need is :

- Your texture with alpha'ed parts for your teamcolor like you did
- The ReplaceableID1 for the team color

then you needs both layers in the same material, and that material needs to be assigned to all geosets using it.

Also you don't need to create multiple identical materials for your different geosets.

Anyways, I have attached your fixed model.
Hey man! I solved that a few days after, but i forgot to close this thread.
thanks for trying to help though :)
Here are the links that actually helped me understand texture layers and ids in case someone else is getting into geostuff

Adding Materials to a Model

Level 12
Yes Retera is among legends that are an invaluable help for the modeling community :)

I am pleased you had fixed it. I also hope the version I made is identical to the fixed version you ended up with :)

Good luck fellow beginner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.