• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team Buddies v1.1

Reactions: Callahan
Welcome to Team Buddies

How to play?

Step 1 - What to do?

You need to collect Crates and bring them to your "Stacking Pad" to get (Gold/Lumber) which is needed to build Weapons, Buddies and Vehicles.

Step 2 - Crate Types

Crate Types
-"Red Crates" are the standard Crates, you will find them constantly falling from the Sky near your Base or in the Middle of the Map. You can have a maximum of 8 red Crates.
-"Super Crate" are blue and are rarely. They enhance everything from Weapons to Vehicles, you can build
stronger Things of al Types if you have only one of them. But everyone wants them so you need to fight for them. You can have a maximum of 1 blue Crates.
If you aquire a Crate it will decrease your Movementspeed, you will see the Buddy will hold the Crate in its hand. If you aquire a "Super Crate" you will have additionaly a blue Orb spinning around your Buddy's head. "Red Crates" reduces the Movementspeed slightly, "Super Crates" reduces it greatly.

Step 3 - Stacking Pad

To build Stuff, select your Stacking Pad and klick the desired Button. If you have enough Crates you will get a Crate on your Stacking Pad. Use the "Kick Crate" spell of your Buddy to open the Crate and release its inside Toys. Here is the standard List for building Stuff:
-1x Crate single = "Light Weapons"
-2x Crates flat = "Grenade Weapons"
-2x Crates Vertical = "Buddy"
-4x Crates flat = "Heavy Weapons"
-4 Crates Vertical = "Advanced Buddy"
-8x Crates Square = "Vehicle"

Step 4 - Base

You need your base to keep your Stacking Pad intact. Protect it at all costs, if it dies you ain't dead but your Stacking Pad will be destroyed and you can't build any more Stuff.

Step 5 - Buddy Spells

Your Buddies have multiple Spells

Standard Spells

Kick Crate = Opens the constructed Crate on your Stacking Pad
Destroy Crate = Destroys a Crate (Blue or Red). This will spawn Ammo or Health on the destroyed Crates position.
Enter Vehicle = Enters a neutral Vehicle
Throw Crate = Throws the Crate you carry over a distance.

Team Commands

-Move order = Order all your unselected Buddies to move to the target Point
-Follow on/off = Order all your unselected Buddies to follow your selected Buddie and fight with him
-Enter Vehicle order = Order all your unselected Buddies to enter the target Vehicle
-Defend Base order = Order all your unselected Buddies to get to your Base to defend it
-Automatic Crate pickup on/off = Order all your unselected Buddies to constantly picking up

Crates and bring them to your Stacking Pad

Special Skills

-Swipe (Infuntry) an slightly meele hit that stuns and knocks back the target
-Uppercut (Commando) and stronger meele hit that does exactly the same like swipe
-Avoid (Commando) The Commando has a Chance to avoid attacks
-Regen (Medic) The Medic regenerates Wounds over time
-Heal (Medic) Heals an ally target
-Pump (Medic) Pumps up the target, it will fly like an Balloon and can't do anything
-Katana Slice (Ninja) The Ninja uses his Katana to hit the target causes bleeding Damage over time
-Sonic Jump (Ninja) Jumps instantly to the target position
-Electrical Punch (Cyborg) Stuns the target with electricity and knocking it back
- Squash Buddy (Cyborg) squashed the Buddy making him useless for a short time period
-Stealth (Stealthy) Becomes invisible if not attacking or beeing attacked
-Steal (Stealthy) Steals Ammo or Crates of the target Buddy
-Glide (Super) Glides a short time period
-Fly (Super) Fly in the Sky!
-Spin Buddy (Super) Spins the Buddy making him unable to do anything
-Super Eyes (Super) allow you to see invisible Buddys/Vehicles

Step 6 - World Objects

On every Map you will find "World Objects". Bushes, Benches, Cactuses, Statues... You can select them like any Unit. Destroy them, they will drop Ammo, Health or Powerups.

Step 7 - Powerups

There are Powerups in the game like:
-Ammo = replenishes your Ammo by 50
-Health = replenishes your Health by 30
-Ammo Cache = Set your Ammo to maximum
-Pumped up = Set your Health to 100%
-Random Powerups = Gives you an random effect

Random effect:

-Pumped up, Ammo Cache (see above)
Gun Frenzy = unlimited Ammo for short time
-Rocket Boots = increases Movementspeed greatly for short time
Shield = invulnerable for a short time
-Phreak = increases Attack and Movementspeed for a short time
Fishy = decreases Movementspeed greatly for a short time
-Base repair = repairs the Base instantly to 100%

Step 8 - Mega Crates

On some Maps you fin "Secret green Buttons". Step on them to drop Mega Crates.
Mega Crates contain "Toys" like Armageddon Barrels, Heavy Weapons or Vehicles. The same effect happens if you destroy the Bases of your Enemys. (this only works on some Maps)

Step 9 - Teleporters

On some Maps you will find Teleporters. They will move you instantly to Neighborhood Bases or the Middle of the Map. Use them to escape or rushing.

Step 10 - Crate DropZones

Crate DropZones on each Map are different. Sometimes they are near your Base and sometimes they are in the Middle of the Map. You need to search for them by looking over the Map. The Map-Area you will play will always be completly visible for all Players.

Features

Team Buddies is a Action and Strategy mix. Build "Toys" on your Stacking Pad with "Red" and "Super" Crates and kill your Opponents.

Feature 1 - Toys

There are Tons of different Things you can build. Choose one of 25 different Weaponsets here is the List of Weapons/Vehicles/Buddies:

-World1 - Uzi,Grenades,Bazooka
-World2 - Shotgun,Time Bomb, Gatling gun
-World3 - Pocket Rocket, Napalm Grenade, Flamethrower
-World4 - Fireball, Cluster Grenade, 4-Pack Rocket
-World5 - Ice Gun, Ice Grenade, Power Orb Gun
-World6 - Tazer, Scatter Bomb, 4-Pack Missile
-World7 - Pocket Missile, Lightning Grenade, Lightning Gun
-World8 - Laser Rifle, Dam Buster, Pulse Rifle
-Special - Laser Gun, Ankh, Armageddon Barrel
All this Weapons can be upgraded with a "Super Crate" increasing their Strenght and Damage/Range.
There are also 16 more Weaponsets that mix the Weapons from above example:
-Grenades - Only Grenades
-Heavy - Only Heavy Weapons
-Airborne - Flying Vehicles/Buddies
-Space - Space Things

Feature 2 - Buddies

You can build multiple different Buddies with different Skills here is the List:

Infuntry Buddy
Max. Health: 80
Abilities: None
Close combat attack: Swipe
Details: The lowest rank in the game.
Upgraded: Super Infuntry

Commando Buddy
Max. Health: 120
Abilities: Avoid
Close combat attack: Uppercut
Details: Much better than Infuntries.
Upgraded: Super Commando

Medic Buddy
Max. Health: 85
Abilities: Can heal wounded allies and heal
their own wounds.
Close combat attack: Pump up enemies. Use this to pump up Buddies. A pumped up Buddy can't be controlled for a short period of time.
Details: Excellent at healing allies and pumping up enemies.

Ninja Buddy
Max. Health: 120
Abilities: Fast movement, sonic jumping
Close combat attack: Katana.
Details: Great for quick getaways and speed.
Upgraded: Super Ninja

Cyborg Buddy
Max. Health: 200
Abilities: Can squash enemy buddies, lava doesn't hurt them.
Close combat attack: Electrical punch. Can damage tanks and can
stun buddies.
Details: Can withstand a lot of damage. When they pick up crates,
they move faster instead of slower like all other Buddies.
Upgraded: Super Cyborg

Stealth Buddy
Max. Health: 100
Abilities: Can disappear from view. They will be visible again when
they fire a weapon or get hurt.
Close combat attack: Stealing ammo and crates
Details: Great for sneaking up on enemies and stealing their Crates and Ammo. Keep your eyes open for invisible stealthies. Moving crates is the only clue!
Upgraded: Super Stealth

Super Buddy
Max. Health: 200
Abilities: Can glide, have laser eyes which doesn't use up ammo,
can see invisible stealth buddies and stealth vehicles.
Close combat attack: Spin buddies
Details: Laser eyes is the only weapon they have. They cannot pick
up new weapons and they cannot enter vehicles.
Upgraded: Super Super Buddie

Feature 3 - Vehicles

There are multiple Vehicles you can build here you have a List alphabetical:
-Bike
-Copter Gunship
-Flame Tank
-Flying Saucer
-Gatling Tank
-Harrier
-Heavy Flame Tank
-Heavy Rocket Tank
-Heavy Tank
-Hover Tank
-Hover Tank Rocket
-Killer Homing Missile Tank
-Killer Hover Tank
-Killer Rocket Tank
-Light Rocket Tank
-Mechwalker
-Microlite
-Motorbike
-Plane
-Rocket Tank
-Stealth Bomber
-Stealth Harrier
-Stealth Rocket Tank
-Stealth Tank
-Super Hover Tank Flame
-Super Mechwalker
-Tandem Tank
-Tank
-Tyrant Tank Flame
-Tyrant Tank Homing Missile
-Tyrant Tank Rocket
There are also neutral Towers on some Maps: Rocket, Flame and Gatling Towers which everyone can use.

Feature 4 - Maps

Team Buddies features a Mappool of 14 different Maps:

4Player Maps
-Battle Hill (Park)
-Quarrelsome Quarry (Country)
-Sphinx Jinx (Desert)
-Flock Rocking Bleats (Forest)
-Ice Scream (Ice)
-Chocks Wa-Hey! (Oriental)
-Temple Tantrum (Jungle)
-Space City (Space)

6Player Maps
-Camouflage Sabotage (Forest)
-Return to Sender (Oriental)
-Gang Star (Space)

8Player Maps
-In for a Pound (Jungle)
-Who Ra (Desert)
-Sub Zero Hero (Ice)
All this Maps have different Terrain, World Objects, Crate DropZones, Towers, Secret Buttons, Base Positions, Strategys.

Feature 5 - Game Modes

The Game offers different Team-Modes

4Player Maps
-FFA
-2v2

6Player Maps
-FFA
-3v3
-2v2v2

8Player Maps
-FFA
-4v4
-2v2v2v2

Things you should know:

Vehicles

If you cast the "Enter the Vehicle" spell on an Vehicle it will change its Owner from (Neutral) to you. You can control that Vehicle now but you need always one Buddy to drive it. Some Vehicles have multiple Slots for multiple Buddies. If you exit the Vehicle it will change its Owner back to (Neutral) and unloads all your Buddies on its Position.

Bullets

Most of the Weapons uses Bullets that wont hit a target while it is moving. Some of them will follow it and some of them will Hit it instantly. So moving away from Bullets is a good Tactic to stay alive.

Ammo

Ammo is used on every attack you make with any Weapons. Some Weapons drain few and some drain lots of Ammo. Ammo is your "Mana". Each Buddy uses its own Ammo and must get new, if he has none left, and want to attack.

Other Things:

-If you carrying a Crate and you want to attack something it wont happen. You can't attack while carrying Crates.

-Player 1 can reset the Round if there is one Winner ( FFA) or one Winner Team (Teamgame). He can select new Weapons, Mode and Map then.

-Each Color can be selected only one Time!, and you will have it for the rest of the Game

-Watch the "Tutorial" video at the Beggining (Player 1 can select Yes or No) to get a Overview from inside the Game.

-Don't step in Lava, it hurts a lot!

-Waterfalls in Jungle Maps have magical healing Effects.

MapData:
-Units: 1838
-Size: 253 x249
-Doodads: ~14000
-Rects: 570
-Cameras: 22
-Triggers: 493
-Variables: 78
-Sounds: 10

Thanks for reading. It is advising to watch the Tutorial at the beginning to get an Overview from the Map functions.
If you find bugs or have any Suggestions let me know. Also say if you like/dislike the Map. This was very hard work. I haven't tested it in Multiplayer so you can do it for me. I think it should work. If you place Computer Players they wont work, programming an AI is to hard for me. Have fun.

Screenshots:

value
vgtvd0.jpg

34f1p91.jpg

4janpz.jpg

14llsfd.jpg

2mdhw6p.jpg

Changelog:
v1.1 released 1.11.2012
After 2 Years i decided to update this map, because it was a lot of work and much things didnt work as i wanted to. I made a lot of changes and updates to it and here it is:
Added:
-New game Mode option to choose from the start. You have to select Rounds 1,2 or 3 to win the Game.
-Each Map, and Weaponset can only be selected one Time now.
-Added info text for Units which carries crates that they can't attack while doing so.
-Stacking Pad Textures changed.
-Added 2 Super (Blue) Crate Dropzones on the Water Areas on Quarrelsome Quarry Map.
-Added small Ammo regeneration if near the Mainbase.

Balance Changes:
-Increased Movement speed of all Buddy Types and Vehicles.
-Throw Crate spell effect changed.
-Stacking Pad selection radius increased, icon changed.
-Health, Ammo items are now bigger and easieer to see/to pick up.
-Buddy Special Skills new sorted and added into Special skills menue.
-Supper Buddy attack range increased.
-Stacking Pad Radius decreased, so only the 4 Pads in the middle are accepted to stack crates now, not the whole Pad.
-Graves are now unattackable.
-Movementspeed will be decreased after Crates are picked up now works correctly, values changed too.
-Dropping Crates on stacking pad effect changed.
-Changed Flying Saucer Model.
-Napalm Grenade area of damage increased.
-Your starting Buddy will be selected now after each Round at the beginning.
-All Maps red crate drop rate increased/decreased.
-Base Health increased.
-Lots of smaller fixes and tweaks.

Fixes:
-If a buddy picks up a weapon now he gets selected after he picked it up (is replaced by new unit).
-Base could be punched back by Uppercuts and Swipe spells fixed.
-Fixed bug that neutral Vehicles could escape if attacked.

Keywords:
Team Buddies, Team, Buddies, TB, Strategy, Action, Buddy.
Contents

Team Buddies v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
17:42, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 9
You spelt "infantry" as "infuntry" and "strength" as "strenght". Anyway... The description is too big, and you should put how to play at the beginning. Not SMACK in the middle of your description.

Level 7
Awesome map here's a review P:

Well I was recently saw this map and as it looked good, so I decided to give it a review.

So here is the review, Hope you enjoy and use my ideas and criticism to help improve your map.

*NOTE I PLAYED A VARIETY OF MAP TYPES and ARENAS*

• Epic Terrain
  • Epic preview picture
  • Custom gameplay

• No Bugs
  • No Glitches
  • All of the game worked

• When you win a game and it auto restarts, the the toys that you can make are still out of place
  • Auto pick up crate and take it to your platform, does not work properly as 99% of the time they just stand there and don't auto pick up the crates
  • The tutorial is long/slow and boring (Read suggestion: Tutorials further down)
  • Once you have got that buddy a gun he is stuck with it forever (Should be able to switch at any time as long as you make a new gun)

• When you have run out/have no ammo you have to go get more, but when you go to get more ammo you realize you can't kill doodads to get ammo because you have no ammo to attack the doodads with and you try to make a new weapon and switch but you can't switch weapons to get ammo either, so basically you have to make a new buddy and just let the one that cant attack either sit their or sacrifice it, is this intentional?
    Also only buddies that can attack ground (not all buddies can attack the ground) can get ammo out of doodads when they have no ammo, also means units that can't attack the ground, can't kill doodads to get ammo which means no ammo for the buddies that can't attack the ground making the buddies that can't attack ground useless.

• Include the credits in the description and you could also include a Youtube video to spice up the map before people download it.
  • Add hidden tags to your description to make it look a bit less like one big page of boring text
  • Add a change-log and/or an upcoming updates log so we know what you are working on fixing/adding

• A loading screen would make the map better (Black screen with a bit of text doesn't look too good in my opinion)

Okay the tutorial is good and all as it gets the message across, but I found it at times that I had finished reading the text and was sitting there bored waiting for it to get on to the next part.

How this could be fixed:
Maybe you could add a narrator/voice to the guy that is reading out the tutorial to make it a bit more interesting.
Also you need to re-work the times out as atm it is a bit too slow and most people would just either not watch the tutorial or not even bother to play your map cuz of it.

I was thinking our main building that we have to protect or our stacking pad will become unactived is a bit dull, boring and doesn't get much attention. So I was thinking why not spice it up?

I was thinking that there could be a counter to the top right of the screen which says player kills and every time you kill a normal player you get 1 point and every time you kill a super player you get 2 points.

What can these points do?

Well I was thinking you could then go and use your player kill points to buy upgrades/repair your main building that you have to protect.

What upgrades could we buy?

You could buy health regenerations, turrets, abilities and much more.

You could buy:

Regens:
1/4 regeneration - would take 10 seconds to regen 1/4 of the buildings health - Costs 2 player kills
1/2 regeneration - would take 30 seconds to regen 1/2 of the buildings health - Costs 5 player kills
Full regeneration - would take 1minute to regen all of the buildings heath - Costs 8 player kills

*Note if your main building is attacked while regenerating health, it will automatically stop regenerating and you will have to re-buy the regen again.

Abilities:
Attack - Allows the main building to attack - Costs 10 player kills
Heal all - gives the building a passive heal ability which can heal friendly units that stand near it over time - uses 5 mana a second - Costs 4 player kills
Mana - Would heal 50 building mana at a time - Costs 1 player kill

*Note attack only needs to be brought once and the BASE now has 100 mana*

Base Bullets:
Piercing - 10 bullets - 5 damage each, does not lock on - Costs 2 player kills
Rocket - 10 bullets - 10 damage each, locks on - costs player kills

*Once ammo runs out you have to buy more*

As this is only a suggestion/idea you can feel free to change the cost of stuff/player kill points as it is only a guide to give you an idea of the sorts of things/prices.

Overall, the map is a fun and enjoyable map which requires lots of strategy to win. The map also has endless possibilities and can give you hours of endless fun! Everything except a few minor cons and one unintentional ammo problem, seemed to be working in the map and there were no major glitches/bugs or errors. I would suggest this map to friends and anyone who likes a strategic type of melee map with a twist.

I Vote for Approval and would give it a 4/5 It doesn't get 5 as there are a few minor cons and one unintentional ammo problem which still need to be fixed.

All in all hope you liked my review as much as I enjoyed playing your map,
Lag_Reviews P:

PS: I'd love to here your feedback on my suggestions and can't wait to see what you can bring to this map and many others!

Last edited:
Level 1
Lag_Reviews, actually bugs are the major problem in this map, everything else (except tutorial, thats super slow) is great.

About the bugs:
-Sometimes when you are going to make a box, the box doesn't appear, and that makes the stacking pad unavailable to use. (Frequent and Major bug)
-When a player is defeated and each time a unit that belongs to another player gets killed it says "Player is defeated"
-Once I used my crates to create a buddy box and when I opened it nothing spawned.
-(not sure about this*) In a map, one of the players couldn't return crates to his base, it didn't let him.
*when i saw him, he was returning a Supercrate, so I don't know if he had 1 already or not.

You should also change the speed in tutorial, its too slow.
Add info about each world ingame, you can't know what there is on each unless you come here.

Level 7
Hmm idk?

Yo, I never noticed this many bugs when I played it for hours on end testing it in single player.

-Sometimes when you are going to make a box, the box doesn't appear, and that makes the stacking pad unavailable to use. (Frequent and Major bug)

What do you mean by this, do you mean the boxes that auto spawn around the map and in your base. Or do you mean the boxes that you make that have buddies, weapons, tanks and ammo in them?

I made heaps of crates/boxes and they seemed to all spawn and work perfectly?

Also boxes mightn't spawn if your base building has been destroyed, as when your base building is destroyed your stacking pad becomes unactivated therefore you wouldn't be able to spawn crates on it.

-When a player is defeated and each time a unit that belongs to another player gets killed it says "Player is defeated"

Lol it is supposed to say that when you kill all of one enemies teams buddies as that means you have defeated that team and or won the game, because you have destroyed all that enemies teams buddies. (Do you mean say player normal has 2 buddies and I kill one of the 2 does it say that player normal has been defeated even though there is still one buddy left? OR do you mean it says Player normal has been defeated when you have killed all of player normals buddies?)

-Once I used my crates to create a buddy box and when I opened it nothing spawned.

I created many buddy's and all of them seemed to spawn when I kicked open the crate, I'd have no idea why it didn't work for you.

-(not sure about this*) In a map, one of the players couldn't return crates to his base, it didn't let him.

*when i saw him, he was returning a Supercrate, so I don't know if he had 1 already or not.

Most likely he didn't realize that he already had max crates or somehow got the majorly buggy auto return crates to work and just used another buddy to do something else.

Also another cause to this issue could be that they didn't realize that there base building had infact been destroyed thus making there stacking pad inactive and thus they would not be able to put crates into it.

You should also change the speed in tutorial, its too slow.
Add info about each world ingame, you can't know what there is on each unless you come here.

I also stated that the speed of the tutorial should be fixed. As it is too slow, I'd agree with you on that.

Also I didn't notice the need for the info on each world ingame as it is pretty self explanitory. It tells you to pick a weapon set, then a game mode which is for example Free for all(FFA) or 2v2 etc and then it tells you to pick the arena which every arena is different and doesn't really need explaining as you can just test the mall out yourself.

Sorry if my review is not entirely accurate, but too me it is as accurate as what I saw and tested. Thus to me everything I tested and looked at seemed to work most of the time, maybe you didn't download the latest version or it was a faulty download?

The only major thing I had an issue with was the auto crate return function and the function where when you have run out of ammo you can't get more unless you had previously destroyed doodads round the map as you can't switch weapons or attack the doodads to get more.

Hope this helped,
Lag_Reviews!

PS: Make sure you have the latest version of this map: Version 1.0a

EDIT: KILLER2C You have to re-read this post and edit your post below accordingly as half the quotes you made have been edited and changed in my post.

Last edited:
Level 1
What do you mean by this, do you mean the boxes that auto spawn around the map and in your base. Or do you mean the boxes that you make that have buddies, weapons, tanks and ammo in them?

I made heaps of crates/boxes and they seemed to all spawn and work perfectly?

Also boxes mightn't spawn if your base building has been destroyed, as when your base building is destroyed your stacking pad becomes unactivated therefore you wouldn't be able to spawn crates on it.
I mean when you buy a crate, it doesn't appear sometimes, and that makes the pad neutral until you open the crate, but since theres no crate you can't open it, thus no pad.

Base was on full hp, and also the "crate" is there.
Lol it is supposed to say that when you kill all of one enemies teams buddies as that means you have defeated that team and or won the game, because you have destroyed all that enemies teams buddies. (Do you mean say player normal has 2 buddies and I kill one of the 2 does it say that player normal has been defeated even though there is still one buddy left? OR do you mean it says Player normal has been defeated when you have killed all of player normals buddies?)
No,no,no, lets start again.
Player 1 kills all the units from Player 2.
Player 2 is defeated and shows message.
After that, another player kills a unit from another player that isn't player 2.When it kills a unit the message appears: "Player 2 is defeated". And so on...

I think its clear enough...

I created many buddy's and all of them seemed to spawn when I kicked open the crate, I'd have no idea why it didn't work for you.
Well, as I said, it happened once.

Most likely he didn't realize that he already had max crates or somehow got the majorly buggy auto return crates to work and just used another buddy to do something else.
Thats why I'm not sure, but he said he had 0 crates.

Anyways, ill try to get screenshots of the bugs.

Also, when a player is afk and doesn't choose a color you can't start. Do something for that, maybe auto kick after X time if you don't pick color.

----
PS: 1.0a is the only version so yes, I have it xD

Post Edited.

Last edited:
Level 3
The tutorial's lenght... Come on! After seventh minute we got bored and restarted the WC3. Please fix it somehow. You can make time to read shorter than it is now, IDK, maybe cut it in half?
Maybe make tutorial with mini-games? Do that, and you'll see how it works!

Level 13
Thanks for the comments. I will defenitly cut the Tutorial in half or something.
I will try to find that Bugs you have said and fixx them.

@ Lag_Reviews: As much as i like that Idea with that Kills. I tryed to make this Map as close to the original Game. And if you ever played that Game you know this Function is not in there. We speaking here of Team Buddies for Playstation 1. This Game realy exists (search in Youtube or something), this is a remake of the Game and trying to be as close it could be.

@ Lag_Reviews: What you mean by that? [When you win a game and it auto restarts, the the toys that you can make are still out of place] Do you mean the Order of Icons inside the Stacking Pad? If yes i don't know why this happens :/

@ Lag_Reviews: [Once you have got that buddy a gun he is stuck with it forever (Should be able to switch at any time as long as you make a new gun]. I can't make it other system because the System by know uses over 400 own Units for that.

@ All: You don't need to kill World Objects for Ammo/Health. Just use you "Destroy Crate" spell on Red or Super Crates (that ones that drop and you pick up to build Stuff). If you use that there will be Ammo or Health spawned at its Position. And this Crates will drop constantly so you can't run out of Ammo so fast... Its just like in the real Game^^.

Edit: @Killer2c: Do you rembember on which Weaponset that happened? (Sometimes when you are going to make a box, the box doesn't appear, and that makes the stacking pad unavailable to use. (Frequent and Major bug). I think thats an Weaponset Problem it would help me to fixx it if you remember.

Last edited:
Level 7
Thanks for responding!

@ Lag_Reviews: As much as i like that Idea with that Kills. I tryed to make this Map as close to the original Game. And if you ever played that Game you know this Function is not in there. We speaking here of Team Buddies for Playstation 1. This Game realy exists (search in Youtube or something), this is a remake of the Game and trying to be as close it could be.

I can understand that you are trying to make the game as close to the original game as possible. I was just trying chuck ideas your way to try to make the game better. It doesn't bother me if you don't use them :)

@ Lag_Reviews: What you mean by that? [When you win a game and it auto restarts, the the toys that you can make are still out of place] Do you mean the Order of Icons inside the Stacking Pad? If yes i don't know why this happens :/

Yeah I mean the order of the icons P: Maybe you could ask for help on the Hive forums, as this is a pretty big bug as it means if you want to restart the game you have to quit and re-load instead of auto-restarting.

@ Lag_Reviews: [Once you have got that buddy a gun he is stuck with it forever (Should be able to switch at any time as long as you make a new gun]. I can't make it other system because the System by know uses over 400 own Units for that.

Aww, I can understand it would be too much effort, but I still recon we should be able to switch guns whenever we want. Although I do understand, so I guess its alright the way it is.

@ All: You don't need to kill World Objects for Ammo/Health. Just use you "Destroy Crate" spell on Red or Super Crates (that ones that drop and you pick up to build Stuff). If you use that there will be Ammo or Health spawned at its Position. And this Crates will drop constantly so you can't run out of Ammo so fast... Its just like in the real Game^^.

Oh I never noticed that as I used a destroy on a red crate and got nothing once and didn't realize why we had the ability to destroy crates. But it seems to be working now, thank-you for clarifying this.

All in all its a very good map indeed just need to fix the tutorial speed and a few known bugs(Which isn't many) and I'm sure this map will become famous,
Lag_Reviews!

PS: Good luck with the map and I can not wait to see what you have instore for us in the future.

Level 13
Thanks Lag_Reviews for the positive feedback. You can check out my other Maps if you want. Just search for Maps with my Name in it.

I have released an update, hopefully it fixes all that Bugs, if not say it to me.
Changelog v1.0b:
-Fixed StartBuddy from Weaponset "Bikes"
-Fixed Base Colors to be shown as the Color you picked
-Fixed Message that showed which Player was defeated after each Kill
-Fixed Buddy automatic Crate pickup Spell. Note: The Buddies will get constantly Crates until you turn it off. They wont stand still on your Stacking Pad instead they dop the Crate near your Stacking Pad if you have full Crates of that Type.
-Fixed Bugs in some Weaponsets that spawn no Crates on your Stacking Pad, and the Bug that changes your Stacking Pad to neutral and you can't do anything after that.
-Tutorial is cut in more then half of the Time now
-Removed "Attack ground" attack from all Weapons

-Added Loading Screen Picture
-Added Kick Command : Player 1 must type in -Kick 2-8
-Added: Each Time you gain a new Weapon, the Buddy will get +100 Ammo

Level 16
You spelt "infantry" as "infuntry" and "strength" as "strenght". Anyway... The description is too big, and you should put how to play at the beginning. Not SMACK in the middle of your description.

A description does NOT come too long! He can build up the description as he wants.
And it fits better to have some sort of a story at beginning. Not how to play.
Stop being lazy and start reading.

Level 7
Good job fixing the errors!

I see you have taking in what we have said and decided to fix up some of the errors if not all of the major one.

I like how you have fixed them up 99% as I could not find any major problems with the things you have fixed.

• loved the loading screen image
  • I like how you have cut the tutorial down but it is still pretty long & boring in my opinion. (Maybe if you add a narrator/voice to the tutorial it would be much more enjoyable)
  • The fixing of the color issues.
  • I like how you removed "Attack ground" attack from all weapons and I did not find any weapons you forgot to remove it from.
  • The kick command was brilliant, as it worked and told everyone who had been kicked.
  • I like how we can now switch weapons at any time, and get more ammo be remaking a weapon.

• Some of the text is cut off of the loading screen where it says "*Watch the tutorial to get a basic overview of the" (Is it suposed to stop at the word "THE"?)
  • In game when you have the word "Infantry" you spell it "Infuntry" (For example Super "Infuntry" Buddy shouldn't it be "Infantry"?)
  • When you go to buy something it says "we need more GOLD" and "we need more LUMBER" shouldn't it say "we need more RED CRATES" and "we need more SUPER CRATES"?
  • When you go into Team Commands/Special Skills [Z] and select Enter Vehicle Order [E] and try to use it on an Airborne Vehicle such as a PLANE it says "Must target a ground unit"

• Are Super and Super Super Buddies supposed to have unlimited ammo, be able to attack the ground, not be able to pick up powerups and not be able to enter vehicles? (I have never played the game on ps1 so I don't know)

Overall glad to see you fixed most of the major glitches/bugs/errors and I can't wait to see what you bring to this map in the future,
Lag_Reviews!

PS: Keep up the good work and why hasn't this map been APPROVED yet?

Last edited:
Level 2
Its a very fun game. I just hosted it on garena and it was fun.

4/5 vote for approval

Level 13
"Things I liked:"
[*]loved the loading screen image
[*]I like how you have cut the tutorial down but it is still pretty long & boring in my opinion. (Maybe if you add a narrator/voice to the tutorial it would be much more enjoyable)
[*]The fixing of the color issues.
[*]I like how you removed "Attack ground" attack from all weapons and I did not find any weapons you forgot to remove it from.
[*]The kick command was brilliant, as it worked and told everyone who had been kicked.
[*]I like how we can now switch weapons at any time, and get more ammo be remaking a weapon.
[Thanks :)]

"Some minor errors:"
[*]Some of the text is cut off of the loading screen where it says "*Watch the tutorial to get a basic overview of the" (Is it suposed to stop at the word "THE"?)
[I take a look at this!]

[*]In game when you have the word "Infantry" you spell it "Infuntry" (For example Super "Infuntry" Buddy shouldn't it be "Infantry"?)
[Its Game Language, it is spelled like in the real Game. Other Example is "supazooka" instead of "superzooka" or "super bazooka".]

[*]When you go to buy something it says "we need more GOLD" and "we need more LUMBER" shouldn't it say "we need more RED CRATES" and "we need more SUPER CRATES"?
[I can fix the Messages but i can't record own Voice for that, my English is not good and it would sounds bad then :)]

[*]When you go into Team Commands/Special Skills [Z] and select Enter Vehicle Order [E] and try to use it on an Airborne Vehicle such as a PLANE it says "Must target a ground unit"
[I take a look on that]

"Question?"
[*]Are Super and Super Super Buddies supposed to have unlimited ammo, be able to attack the ground, not be able to pick up powerups and not be able to enter vehicles? (I have never played the game on ps1 so I don't know)
[Yes they are its exactly like in the real Game, but i will removed the "Attack Ground" and add instantly Bullets instead.]

PS: Keep up the good work and why hasn't this map been APPROVED yet?[/QUOTE]
[I dont know, maybe the Moderators to test this are addicted on this map and can't stop playing it xD, or they think its big rubbish.

Unfortunately i found a Bug myself that i think i can't fix.
Lets say you Start the Game with 7 Players.
Player 5 leaves while the Game is loaded or while the Tutorial is running.
The Map was supposed to play on a 8 Player Map because of 7 Players.
But Player 5 has leaved. So the Game sees there is only 6 Players left and it will change the Map to 6 Player Maps. So Player 7 starts with nothing and can't do anything because every Player has his own Startrect. And there is no Player 8 or 7 on the 6 Player maps so he even can't take his Position. I don't know how to fix this, its realy sad. Any helpfull Ideas would be appreciated.

Edit: A Question to all:
Should i take out the Music it would save 2.3 MegaBytes and make the Map much smaller. Its only 5 Files. Say if you want.
For the Tutorial i can make it so:
Each Player can select a Unit in the Tutorial Arena which is named [Step1-10], each Step stands for a Tutorial Step example Powerups.
If the Unit is selected it places the Camera to that Region and the Message from the Narrator will be show. But you will still have full User Control and no Cinematic Mode. Is that a good Idea?

Edit2: New Version released v1.0c Changelog:
-Fixed Messages if you have no "Red or Super Crates" instead of showing "No Gold/Lumber" to "No Crates"
-Removed Tutorial Video and created new System. Now all Things are shown as "Flooting Textes" and you can show all Steps any time with full User Control. If you have forgotton something just scroll to the "Tutorial Area" and watch for it.
-Removed Music, this makes the Map much smaller
-Fixed Gatling Tank Bullets to 6 Bullets like Gatling Gun instead of 4 Bullets
-Removed "Ground attack" from Super and Super Super Buddies
-Fixed "Order Enter Vehicle Spell" to target Air Vehicles too
-Further fixed the "Automatic Pickup spell" for unselected Buddies. Now if they have a Crate and are unselected they will periodicaly move to your Stacking Pad.
-Added Function: If you leave your Stacking Pad and have a Crate in your Hands it will removed now too. Before it was only if you enter the Stacking Pad so you had to get out and get in.
-Fixed :"Cyborg Buddies get damage if they step on Lava"
-Fixed :"Super and Super Super Buddie get damage if they fly over Lava"
-Adjusted some Special Skills from Buddie-Types (except Supers and Medics) to the normal Spell Interface. This is now doable because "Attack Ground" Spell Button is removed forever and wont be added by any Weapon (so there is no Spell Icon override).
-Bullets from Gatling Tank/Tower/Gun are now like Bullets from "Gatling Cannon" and will be hit the target always. This will keep the 2 Weapons balanced for eachother.
-Super and Super Super Buddies now can picl Up Health,Ammo and the effect of carrying a Crate will be shown. They even can pick up created Weapons but it will have no effect on them and is wastage.
-Medic "Healing Spell" is now automatically activated

Last edited: