• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TcX 1.03b

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
The goal of TcX is to mix Quake 3 and Warcraft gameplay in one Warcraft UMS map. Inspired by Warcraft: Arena map which was released back in 2003, TcX features brand new implementation level, offering many new models, effects and fast-paced unique gameplay.

Changes in 1.03b (2009-08-18):
- adapted map to Warcraft Patch 1.24
- changed UI
- added some new weapon models
- fixed item balance (mostly damage bonuses)
- changed stat balance
- now keys movement is again default
- XP mod is not default mod (now it's classic to switch, type "-mod 1")
- other minor fixes
- added cool background music ^_^

Key Features:
* Single player with unlimited number of AI bots, available in 5 different skill levels;
* Full support for multiplayer with up to 12 players and observers;
* Three game modes: FFA, TeamPlay, CTF - with full AI support for all of them;
* 7 different weapons, all of them have upgraded versions;
* Custom movement and projectile system, allowing complete control over your character, including ability to jump and to drop down from high areas (and yes, fall damage is present).
* Dialog-based configuration menu in addition to typical chat commands;
* Completely customized terrain, models, effects, UI and sounds;
* Fullscreen character menu;
* Custom character stats;
* Brand new damage system.

Controls (new):

* Left Mouse Button — move towards cursor position;
* Left Mouse Button — attack target;
* Right Mouse Button — jump;
* Hero Icons — select weapon;
* Left Arrow — previous weapon;
* Right Arrow — next weapon;
* Up Arrow — switch between weapon tiers;
* Down Arrow + Left Mouse Button — fire towards cursor position;
* Down Arrow — hold attack;
* Escape Key — bring up configuration menu.

Controls (original):

* Arrow Keys — move your character;
* Left Mouse Button — fire towards cursor position;
* Right Mouse Button — jump;
* Hero Icons — select weapon;
* Escape Key — bring up configuration menu.

Project Homepage:
http://tcx.xgm.ru/

Keywords:
tcx, fps, quake, arena
Contents

TcX 1.03b (Map)

Reviews
Mini-Me: Great map without a doubt. This doesnt feel like warcraft, you have pushed the borders, and I mean that in a good way. Everybody should check this map out. Aproved.
Level 5
The new fucking awesome version is HERE ! ^^

The new fucking awesome version is NEW and FUCKING AWESOME

i love u toadi <3

this is definitly the best warcraft3-map ever made :D or shall i already call it mod?
there is hardly anything what can challenge this map

if u enter this game be prepared to enter a completely new game
the inventory interface is so uber
the head-up-display roxx
the physics-engine is so god damn 1337
the item-system, the items; armors, helmets, gloves, rune sockets, set items, unique items, normal items, extra items, character-stats (etc!)
tons of options and settings let the user push the game to the limit
and tweak almost everything u can possibly imagine

on a first glance dont judge this map 'cos the terrain is dull, or "too flat",
the unbeaten gameplay makes TcX one of the greatest maps of all times

10/5

toadi merry me :D

Level 1
GOOD JOB!!

but one thing i dream is i can see my avator's module can correspondingly change with my new-buying armor .

What is the scroll-like of shard word and shard word extension do?
It is unable to buy.

Level 5
I noticed a bit of a exploit on ctf the bot will camp the flag spot when they possess the flag. I could take a plasma stay out of range of them and just spam tell I kill them. It worked on the hard bots and normal bots. Also it'd be cool to be implement a multiple stage selection.

Level 6
Great Map

This map is excellent! Outstanding!

I would like to thank you for creating this map, it's the ultimate lan-game map.
- Terrain 10
- Commands 10
- Gameplay 10
- Idea 10
- Triggers 10
- Spells 10

This map is a must.
Please continue the great editing. Btw could you add some more expensive items/items sets, for unlimted mode?
Sincerely Foopad 10/10 +rep

Last edited:
Level 2
hi Todcop

just want to give u my voting: 10/10

greatest funmaop ever. makes so much fun, the bots are very good, but sometimes in CTF Mode theay are buggy!
they are standing near to the point with the flag but they dont walk into it. they are just standing right of it and try to walk in.........

cya!!

Level 15
Ah ,the map is radiating with quality.
And I'm just wondering how much does it need for a map to get 6/5 mod rating, since this didn't get it.

Level 18
this is by far one of the best maps on hive.

im surprised it wasn't director's choice.
this is definetly a 20 / 10. I can only imagine how much triggering was involved in this .

You should create another map with different terrain, and keep the gameplay the same. ( sorta like halo )

actually this reminded me of halo ( with the rocket launcher. )

if you want to make a second map, PM me, ill help you make the terrain :D

Level 18
very nice

tcxdm 1.0 is awsome
though i still see some flaws that might interrupt gameplay,
like the fact that ther eis no upper levels to the walls, so that when you click on a wall, you continue to walk into the wall.

then the water is cool, but the slowing down gets annoying because it covers almost the whole map

Im not sure if this would ruin your map, but you should try to have a first person camera
that works from your characters head on.

i have tried this in triggering etc, and i added abreathing movement to it ( its pretty cool)
but there are still a few flaws.

but there is no doubt that these are the best maps every made.

Level 17
Unofficial Moderator Comments

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Director's Cut - Highly Recommended
11:24, 29th April 2009
LTGH:
Damn! This map is awesome. You must have putted a lot of work into it. It have to be the best shooting game i have played so far in Wc3. It would be fun to see some more battle fields though. But its good enough to deserve a Dircetor's Cut if you ask me.

It was a while since i putted it that way, i only do it when i LOVE the resource, or hate it..

Level 5
thanks to all for these warm comments ^_^

Im not sure if this would ruin your map, but you should try to have a first person camera
that works from your characters head on.
- hmm well DL TcXAOS1.0 from tcx.xgm.ru and type in game -cam 3/4 (-cam 3 is closer) (also type -keys 1 to control from keyboard and yeah new TcXCtrlX version is also availabe =))
also you can adjuste it with
-camz xxx // camera Z offset
-camdis xxx // camera distance
-camaoa xxx // angle of attack

but it's just for fun cause it's not comfortable to play or at least you will have handicap...

Level 1
Yo dude I love this map, freaking awsome. I'm pretty awsome at it. Theres a problem though. I really want this map to get big, it fucking owns the shit out of games like elim tourney when you get the jist of it. It would be awsome if there was competition and clans and shit man.

I think you should really consider making this map more user freindly seeing I had a hard time the first few games learning the map myself. People don't really want "a hard time" with the interface. Put like help tips for controls and stuff in the loading screen. Make tool tips, and make like an easier interaction for stats and item buying/equipping. It looks very well made, it just needs to be more freindly for the players. It would also be pretty cool if you added a few arenas, maybe more weapons and more item tabs and items as well. But please do consider making this more freindly so people find it really awsome and tempting to play from first time experience.

Also I feel that the deathdiscs need to havean ammunition limit :p not that its a totally big issue and the wispgun is a bit slow and takes a long time to explode. The grenade launcher an't bad but the wispgun is kinda terrible compared to it unless you time your shots right (which is insanely hard). Chaingun/machinegun need to have slight damage buff. Kinda buff them a bit more so they are sorta equal to the other guns. Well I think you know what I mean :p.

Oh a few more suggestions. Take autoattack off for default and use "-keys 1" mode as preset default, I just hate changing it all the times I host. Yes I pretty much play this all the time, its an awsome game on 100 mbit host. Which also reminds me, you might wana try to make the delay decrease cause people kinda complain about the delay with the gameplay when its not a "good host" or just your standard bnet delay.

Level 2
OMG Godly map ... Its the best of the hundred map I have played. btw, is it possible to add a super hero mod like in counter strike ? ^^ just asking . I think it would be cool to fly around like spider man xD.

Edit : 2 things which annoy me alots . Sometime the minimap keep pinging nonstop, after I have to restart warcraft 3 then its gone. Normal when I closed the multiboard it wont open again, but sometime it open on its own and i have to close it again. Like when someone takes a flag, or when you has taken the leads. Normal this doesnt happend but sometimes it does. Can you fix it so if player choose to close the multi board it stay permanent close ? and not keep opening on its own sometimes.

Level 5
TheHunterKiller tnx thats really kind a bug (issue) cause it seems what some one NOT from 2 teams have the flag O_O

to enable inventory type "-mod 1"

DotAxLegend yes if you played a map before and used pings so after it will be also played in TcX (it can't overwrite the sound file cause it's in memory) and yes the restart is the only solution or don't play maps before :p or you can disable radar =)
(-radar 0)

well i in 1.04 where will be no stat system at all imo it's outplaced in such fast pased game (aka no character screen and items etc)
but i will remade some things and add relative "alot" new i hope. it will be kind a remake =)

and about the bug i am glad what is't nothing REALLY serious.

and i hant to find proper way to hide HP... and not add alot and hope it will not display ;P

Level 2
Glad to hear your reply.

I think the stats and items system are amazing though, it makes the game much more interesting in FFA or team games, people kill others not just to get the high scores because after 10 ~ 15 minuut they usually get bored then leave. But I noticed when I hosted with exp mod, a few or sometimes more people stay. With this mod people arent killing just for score but to improve their char. Although I noticed a small amounts of players dont like it, the marjorty doesnt have a probleems thought and alots players loves it. Some games people often asks me if I will use exp mod in game lobby. persoonally I too think this mod is to good to be throw away. Its up to you though ^^, since you have created such amazing map I believe however you change it, it remains amazing.

Anyway I have recently hosted alots TcX map on bnet and players often ask me if they can change the arrow keys to ADSW to movement. I think this might be much better too since players who had played Quake 3 or Counter strike before usually used those keys instead arrows. And Q en E could be use to swap previous and next weapons. Is it possible to add this in the upcoming version ? Like when someone type -keys 3 they get this combination of keys.

Some funny things : When I host with names like Quake 3 FPS , not many join. When I host with name Counter Strike FPS - Join Fast .... Game full in 5~10 min xD lol . I guess Quake 3 isnt as populair as CS :p

Level 5
With this mod people arent killing just for score but to improve their char. Although I noticed a small amounts of players dont like it, the marjorty doesnt have a probleems thought and alots players loves it. Some games people often asks me if I will use exp mod in game lobby. persoonally I too think this mod is to good to be throw away. Its up to you though ^^, since you have created such amazing map I believe however you change it, it remains amazing.
for this purporse i made (almost ;p) TcXAOS ... cause it gives goals in game. i want to keep arena more hardcore O_O but we will see at all...

can change the arrow keys to ADSW to movement. use this tool. (if it doesnt work i can upload the "source" so you can run it self (it's an Autohotkey script))

I guess Quake 3 isnt as populair as CS :p
maybe but CS suck.

Level 2
I just tried TcXAOS and with surprise I cant believe how awsome and advance its, compare to other AOS I have played. The character screens are so amazing and everythings, totaly love it ^^ . I wonder if we can expect some uniqe terraining in the future : ) . Really looking forward its complete version :p. Ty alots to your efforts for this amazing map.

Last edited:
Level 1
Sorry for my Bad Eng I'm 15 and French (Frog eater yeah :xxd:)

Hi, Toadcop your map seriously rocks !! I fucking love it !
First time i played it, i was like stunned by graphics,models and especially by the jump ability, gravity commands. I had a lot of fun bombarding them with the rocket weapon when i was in the sky/heaven :infl_thumbs_up:.
The AI are fucking smart and weapons AWESOME !!

But this you may already know so i'd like to propose some features popped up from my mind...

- Put a big hill somewhere make it a little hard to climb - with jumpers what ever - and at the end of this hill you add the weapon of pleasure... The sniper !! ( I dunno if it's on Quake but i do know it's on UT :gg:)
The crosshair of the sniper would erase the whole menu, bars, stuffs and it'll make the whole screen black with the Sniper's crosshair, to aim it wouldn't be like "Sniper arena" with arrow keys but with the mouse !
I know it's not gonna be easy to create but i'm sure you can do it = P

Other ideas ( not obligatory taken from quake or UT) :
- Make a bonus somewhere in the map that make you can do a double jump (like TF2 or SSBM)
- Make some cars and vehicule in air or in ground but still with arrows keys mouvement (like Battlefields = P)
- Bonus somewhere that make you go under the ground or make you invisible.
- Something i wonder for a long time i'm not sure if there is a way to do it: it would be like the stickie of the TF2 demoman, I mean it's like grenades that stick everywhere and explose when you decide (e.g: push right click) but it would be visible and even destroyable by enemies from a distance.
- A jet Pack (I know i'm insane :ugly: but it's a dream :eek:)
- The possibility to slide somewhere (broadly accomplishable :thumbs_up:)

Question: How do you change the mod in CTF ?
:eekani:
I tried all -mod they were all doing the same deathmatch mode... ( would be also good to limit the mod because you can write whatever number e.g: -mod 6969 would still restart the game)
And why Tcx ?

PS: I prefer Tcx simple than AoS :cute:
PS2: FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME AND TELL ME MY ORTOGRAPHY ERRORS
(I did that without any translator just want to say = P)

[SIZE="-100"]PS3: One hour of writing instead of playing = P[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Level 5
Redcrit tnx. but i think what the most your suggestions doesnt fits well into the gameplay =O
and
CTF = Esc -> Game mode -> CTF
or -mode 3 ;)

-mod 1 = XP mod with Expirience, items etc.

tnx for the long post ^_^ i am glad what you like it.

Level 1
THIS GAME HAS 1 BIG ISSUE THE REST IS BEAUTIFULLY DONE! SOMETHING MUST BE DONE ABOUT THE LAG! Nice Map 5/5.

Level 3
Man, great game 5/5

but you need to fix somethings:

1- put an option to turn on that music of the ping minimap, it gives me headache all the time that noise

2- put a commands to switch the commands for W A S D, space jump and keep the shot on the left button of the mouse

Suggestions: Add more cameras.

Just this, thanks for creating this map