• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TcX 1.03b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
TcX is a new advanced Warcraft III UMS map. Its idea was inspired by Warcraft: Arena map, which, being released 4 years ago, was a successful attempt of mixing gameplay elements of Quake 3 and Warcraft.
Now it's available at brand new implementation level, featuring many new models, effects and fast-paced unique gameplay.

Key Features:
  • Single player with unlimited number of AI bots, available in 5 different skill levels;
  • Full support for multiplayer with up to 12 players and observers;
  • Three game modes: FFA, TeamPlay, CTF - with full AI support for all of them;
  • 8 different weapons, all of them have upgraded versions;
  • Custom movement and projectile system, allowing complete control over your character, including ability to jump and to drop down from high areas (and yes, fall damage is present).
  • Dialog-based configuration menu in addition to typical chat commands;
  • Completely customized terrain, models, effects, UI and sounds.

it has implement new features.
  • Advanced movement system (via Mouse)
  • Auto attack (makes attacking target more easy)
  • Advanced character system. add ALOT new stats,bonuses etc.
  • Advanced Full Screnn Inventory system (based on BX-TRSII)
some important details...
controls
up+down key - toggles advanced movement system. (allows to move your character with left mouse click)
this effect can be also achived by holding left + right and pressing left mouse button.
while you are in this modes you can't fire at ground. to do that press (and hold) down key.

Auto attack is enabled when you target a unit. it will appear a "cilyndrical" special effect on this unit (and also it will be pinged on minimap). so if this target is near enought your character will attack it automaticaly. by targeting on your self you will loose focus (or targeting on ground aka fire on it)
any of new features may be disabled/enabled by wish. so you can also play the original TcX (for example.)

Ok. Replaced (setted as default) basic movement to mouse movement (movement with left mouse button similar to wc3) completed stuff what i wanted. especially alot of items.

for some control help you can view the quest log (F9)

it's a beta. but if there will be not stupid bugs,problems so it will be the realease version. (it taked ~8 months to do that =O but the most time i have been planing this all ^^)

the game may be bit boring with bots. but with other players it's quite fun ^_^. the fast paced PvP gameplay makes it possible =)

and remember what many in the map may be controled with special commands... for example you can disable globaly possibility for jumps, set the gravity.

GL HF !
// and here a screen of all unique items. (there are also Shardwords and Sets, and also random generated rings,amulets.)

// i also have an another terrain map so i will port the "engine" on it.
// the DeSyncs must be undone... some of my "special" (special cause he always had desyncs) testers have confirmed today what it doesnt desync anymore ! (*hurray!*)

DOWNLOAD

Level 7
Nice! new version.

I've played the game a couple of months ago and thought there wouldn't be any newer versions. Anyways great game! -- HIGHYLY recommend anyone bored of simple games or even bored of the top quality games to try this, then love it (cause you will)!

// btw, can it be played on bnet? cause on 1.02b always caused server splits for me before

Level 14
Good job Toadcop as always :). Well your map is already one of the best maps ever and I guess you will add more stuff to make it more awsome. I just can say you good luck and many good ideas for the next versions ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.