• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TAS-The Grand Arena V.1.1 beta

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Adiktuz Scrolls: The Grand Arena
Map Type/Genre - Hero Arena/Maul
Suggested Number of Players - 10

On an island so secluded and remains secret to the society, filled with various hazards and dangerous creatures, operated and maintained by a secret organization, a timeless battle royale takes place. The most powerful warriors seek that island with different goals, some wants to prove their abilities, some seeks revenge while some are just full of bloodlust. That place is called The Grand Arena.

This is a hero arena map where you pick one of the available heroes and fight your way to the top. There are several game modes and you can even set the goal for some of those modes.

The heroes were from warcraft, anime, games and others are just thought of. Each of the heroes have their own unique gameplay and its up to you to discover the best way to use each of the heroes.

You can never be sure of your position in the ladder because one wrong turn or one unlucky hazard can change your fate.

The map is pretty large and there are also creeps were you can gain exp and gold. There are also items that will aid you in your battles.

Walking around the map can be dangerous due to the presence of several traps laid on the ground. There are also some hazards that happen from time to time like Orbital Strikes and lightning storms. Not to mention the powerful disciplinary squad that moves around the map to pawn every aspiring hero. In this map, everything that looks dangerous is dangerous.

-Different Game modes
-Variable play time
-Several heroes from different worlds
-Different map hazards
-AI for computer players
-Disciplinary Squad
-50 max level

-Ultimate Killer: its a race to be the first to reach the desired number of kills.
-Survival: strive to stay alive while pawning your enemies in the quest to be the last one standing
-Level-up!: its a race to reach the set level first.
-Vanguard: defeat all the bosses and then strive to be the one to kill the final enemy.
-Timed Deathmatch: its a timed match where the winner will be the one with the most kills after the time has expired.

Credits can be viewed in the game menu (F9) but I'll put them here later

Keywords:
the adiktuz scrolls, hero arena, maul, anime, warcraft, spells, dota, deathmatch, AI
Contents

TAS-The Grand Arena V.1.1 beta (Map)

Reviews
12:06, 21st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 11
Hmm testing it now...

Edit:
Edit:

-Bad Things
[x] Needs an better Loading Screen.
[x] Improve of text in Mini Map display. (When choosing map)
[x] Improve Quest Menu [ Main Quests | Optional Quests ]
[x] Improve Terrain
[x] More Items
-Good Things
[x] Good Amount of hero (More = Better)
[x] Good Custom Models and Icons

Score :
2.8/5 :D

Use more BB codes for description, checking now. Also terrain looks bad, fix it up.

Edit: Ok, it was protected but overall judging it from the outside it has bad terrain, is oversized, and could have a more eye-catching description.
The map is probably good but I was only pointing out the bad points.

Terrain tips: You probably have enough trees and plants, but maybe insert some critters and also blend some more terrain into it.

Use more BB codes for description, checking now. Also terrain looks bad, fix it up.

Edit: Ok, it was protected but overall judging it from the outside it has bad terrain, is oversized, and could have a more eye-catching description.

thanks for the comment... the terrain is really supposed to be pretty large... can you give me some points on how to improve the terrain? I'm still learning to terrain... ^^

Level 11
Reviv

Hmm testing it now...
-Bad Things
[x] Needs an better Loading Screen.
[x] Improve of text in Mini Map display. (When choosing map)
[x] Improve Quest Menu [ Main Quests | Optional Quests ]
[x] Improve Terrain
[x] More Items
-Good Things
[x] Good Amount of hero (More = Better)
[x] Good Custom Models and Icons

Score :
2.8/5 :D
Good luck and Hope you improve from this :D

Level 14
Note: I tested this map only in single-player.

Description

• The map description (in the lobby) lacks any real information about the map. All you needed to say about the AI was this: AI included.
  • The information in there and in the loading screen could have been much more useful if it explained the game modes or something relevant to the map.
  • You should also point out anything that makes this arena map special.
  • Improve hero descriptions. Reading a huge block of text is discouraging. It would be useful if you listed things like ability information and main attribute.
Gameplay Thoughts

• I feel that heroes are imbalanced as well, though I didn't play long enough to note any drastic imbalance.
  • I played the Gaiamancer whose spells were pretty boring and didn't have any synergy. He also didn't really do well against another hero either.
  • The UI just felt really random and didn't seem to fit well.
  • Why is the last player called Masters?
  • Why is the damage display text pink/magenta?
Suggestions

• Have more interesting creeps.
  • It would be better if you came up with a more creative idea for the story.
  • Give starting gold so a player could actually buy items from the start.
  • Have more creative items.
  • Get rid of those random events like orbital ray and lightning storm. It's unfair and annoying. I guess I just don't see what's so fun about getting randomly killed.
  • Get rid of traps; the only players who would actually fall for those are the AI. Or make it deal less damage.
    • I just don't like how many random things can kill your hero at low levels.
  • More heroes is not necessarily better. Well-thought, creative, and balanced heroes are better than heroes made quickly or just for the heck of it.
  • Encourage cooperation by having a teamplay mode.
  • Allow tournament mode to be disabled. Or allow heroes to have complete health and mana restored. Or give a warning to heroes one minute before the tournament actually starts.
Bugs

• The kill number selection is bugged; you cannot get more than 99.
  • My hero could attack a spike destructable.
  • All the quest icons are Ambush.
Overall
I think this map needs to be polished more in order to be approved.
I hope that you can improve from this.

why masters and why pink color for text? -> i just like it...

the hazards are part of the game so I wont remove them...

for the kill number selection, maybe you placed a space after -u, the max should be 999...

For the descriptions, I'll try to do it...

palyer 1 can disable tourney mode by pausing the timer, there is a command for that...

for the spikes, well they are the default spikes in WE so you can really attack them...

I'll think about how much gold to give players at the start...

hero balance is really not that good yet, thats why I need feedbacks like yours so I can work on making the heroes balanced coz its hard to balance them without anyone giving feedbacks...

Thanks for the review. ^^

Level 11
Hey Adiktuz for your Descriptions use this:
TTCreator
it helps you make descriptions with just a simple click. :D

Info:
W3 Tooltip Creator is a program that will help mapmakers creating tooltips.
The program features Rich Text Editor, Tabbed Interface, Own file format ( .TCF for normal files and .TPR for project files ), Creation of Warcraft 3 codes from rich text and vice versa , Ability to rapidly create hero level descriptions, Tooltip Previewer, Create tooltips in warcraft-like interface, Gradient text support, Tray Icon, Color Picker, Ability to edit and save Warcraft III map custom strings.

Hey Adiktuz for your Descriptions use this:
TTCreator
it helps you make descriptions with just a simple click. :D

Info:
W3 Tooltip Creator is a program that will help mapmakers creating tooltips.
The program features Rich Text Editor, Tabbed Interface, Own file format ( .TCF for normal files and .TPR for project files ), Creation of Warcraft 3 codes from rich text and vice versa , Ability to rapidly create hero level descriptions, Tooltip Previewer, Create tooltips in warcraft-like interface, Gradient text support, Tray Icon, Color Picker, Ability to edit and save Warcraft III map custom strings.

okay, I'll try it. thanks!

EDIT: IDK when I'll be able to update this map since I'm working on an RPG and I'm also taking a short break from working on my comp for about a week... and also take note that this is still on beta stage so I need your feedbacks greatly. Thanks to all those who commented and gave feedbacks/reviews, +rep ofc.

Last edited:
Level 28
I strongly disagree with x3GlikE: you should concentrate on having good, well-playable, balanced heroes instead of 'more' heroes.
More heroes = usually worse.
Also, custom imports are bad if they don't fit the map: you don't need some of the custom models you used, so that's a negative point as well.

In fact: I disliked all spells, the terrain is very bad/empty, the gameplay is about the only thing in the map I remotely liked.
Heroes such as Ichigo have no place in this map, they're just material for the mainstream anime-newbs.
There are only a few items, of which none are special.

All quests had the same icon, the multiboard was very generic, my name was "|cfff" (wtf?).

• This is a multi-upload (broken rule).
  • Learn how to properly choose your custom imports.
  • Only add things that actually fit the map.
  • Improve the terrain.
  • Improve the details (quest icons, multiboard, name, ...).
  • Improve the tooltips.
  • Improve the spells.
  • Improve the heroes.

I expected a lot more.
Rejected.

my other map was deleted and I cannot access the page anymore so why is it a multi-upload?

anyway, I also agree on the things you said... I started while I was still new to JASS that's why the spells are pretty much simple and bad and I honestly dont have the motivation to redo them...

the only thing I dont agree with is with the fitting of the anime models, this was supposed to be an arena for heroes from different worlds that why there are anime chars here.

Level 28
Deleted? Can't access it? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/tas-grand-arena-v-1-0-beta-152996/.
It's set to needs fix.
And even if you deleted it in the past (which isn't the case), it wouldn't be a valid reason to multi-upload.

The anime chars you used are overused, they're so mainstream that every ichico hero is boring, not original, bad.
Maybe it is because I hate those mainstream anime's (don't get me wrong: I'm a huge anime fan, but Bleach/Naruto/One piece are amongst the worst anime's I've seen, and I have seen a lot of them).

You should probably give up on this project, as there is so much you need to redo that it is simply too painstaking to continue.
Unless you want to of course, but you just said you didn't.

Deleted? Can't access it? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/tas-grand-arena-v-1-0-beta-152996/.
It's set to needs fix.
And even if you deleted it in the past (which isn't the case), it wouldn't be a valid reason to multi-upload.

The anime chars you used are overused, they're so mainstream that every ichico hero is boring, not original, bad.
Maybe it is because I hate those mainstream anime's (don't get me wrong: I'm a huge anime fan, but Bleach/Naruto/One piece are amongst the worst anime's I've seen, and I have seen a lot of them).

You should probably give up on this project, as there is so much you need to redo that it is simply too painstaking to continue.
Unless you want to of course, but you just said you didn't.

oh, last time I tried I cannot access it... yeah, I dont have the motivation to work on this since I'm working on an rpg and like you said there are lots of things that needs to be redone here...