• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tanks of Chaos v2.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is war between the humans and the goblins but you control tanks to costom it. And every minute the teams initiates a strategy like nuclear apocalypse or vanguard tanker.
Turrets:
Flak Turret
Rocket Turret
Rapid Rocket Turret
And others...
Cannons:
Machine Gun
Shotgun
Glaive Thrower
9mm Cannon

Keywords:
war, tanks, tank, cannon, goblins, humans
Contents

Tanks of Chaos v2.3 (Map)

Reviews
22:07, 10th Jul 2014 Hell_Master: Improve your description. Give more info on what the map is or an overview of it, some features, screenshots (optional), credits if you used any resources from other resources and etc. You can also use templates...

M

22:07, 10th Jul 2014
Hell_Master: Improve your description. Give more info on what the map is or an overview of it, some features, screenshots (optional), credits if you used any resources from other resources and etc. You can also use templates around here.

Awaiting Update for now.

19:42, 16th Aug 2014
Hell_Master: Still the same poor descriptions. Please do listen to my simple suggestion and also, you might want to look at this as well and follow the user's tips:

StoPCampinGn00b;2561018 said:
Official THW Review (Finished)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 1
RATINGS
Tanks of Chaos (2.3)

Gameplay & Entertainment: 6/20
Tiles & Terrain: 2/10
Doodads & Scenery: 2/10
Bugs & Consistency: 3/5
Description & Presentation: 1/5
Total Score: 14/50

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 2
FEEDBACK
Gameplay & Entertainment: One of the sole purposes of playing a map is entertainment and to have fun with it. I see you were trying to take on a Battle Tank and Hero Wars hybrid, but the problem is it looks really unfinished. Damage outputs on items are way to high, and the armor is way to low. Let's take a closer look.
In the early game, I felt the tanks were just really weak and the creeps were to strong. But this changed all to quickly when you get the gold for it. Take a second and look at your turret shop. If you do the math, rockets easily over power all other turrets. That's only for 2000 gold, the particle turret which costs 4500 can't compete. In the shop, the armor recipe is a huge waste of money, for 4000 gold, it just adds an extra 150 hp while upgrading hull gives 150 hp, and only costs 1200. Only reason someone would buy it is to save 1 slot of space if they are rich. Getting all rockets will be anything, even both recipes. I even tested against my brother, nothing can counter it. This is how I get free gold from never ending creeps with a full stack, and I killed them all without dying. This shouldn't be possible in an AoS.

227608-albums7473-picture86705.png
Also, look at the mini map. You have a red tower on the bottom right and it destroys an enemy spawn.

For the spawns, units keep getting clogged up behind the ones fighting. To avoid this, differ the range further. Flamethrower and others are the same, spread them out so the hero can't get trapped from it's own units. Some of the units are to flashy, whatever that left over fire is, it makes is hard to see and it's very distracting. I don't quite understand how the strategy spawns work, they are just random special spawns?

One of the good things about the map is that it uses well fit models, but questionable building and building placement. The buildings are splattered all over throughout each side of the map, and not fitting ones. What are undead buildings doing here? If you need other choices of barracks, you can download some :eek:rc_grin:

6/20​
Tiles & Terrain: The terrain is very low quality.
When looking at the tiles, using one tile for the whole map is unacceptable. It is all grass, not counting chunk of blight near the middle. What you can do to fix this, is to use multiple tiles and spread them out a little more evenly. There aren't any approved maps here that have one single terrain, unless they are really old. As for pathing in Lordaeron, I would suggest from inside path to outside or just which match with which: Rough Dirt, Dirt, Grassy Dirt, Grass, to Dark Grass.

Now, your map is also 100% flat. That is aloud, but it's still bad terrain. You can use cliffs or height tools to make hills near the side or near the path or at the edges of the map. Small waves of the height tools would make it more natural as well. I suggest you look at a melee/blizzard map to see how they do it.

Lastly, the map layout is unfavorable, even though it's mostly symmetrical. The second path is to far from the first one, there would be little fighting there, it's way to far. The bottom is a lot wider than the top. In the top right corner, the pathway is to crowded. This:

227608-albums7473-picture86706.png

2/10​
Doodads & Scenery: The way the map looks, it's very dull.

There are no decorations on the map except the right side of the map, which is just spammed shrubs not counting trees. When you place doodads, place then one to a few at a time, usually near edges or other doodads. Rocks, flowers, some crops, fallen logs, some crates and barrels around the map would make it look a lot better. Shrubs shouldn't be put in the middle of a walk way, they should be near some trees and rocks. And if you're up to it, you can decorate the bases to look more... basy.

2/10​
Bugs & Consistancy: You have a few screws loose here.

> After the win, the other player can win too. Please fix the winning condition.
> You have two Q hotkeys on the hero
> When using only QWER, please put them in the right order
> Please state how much range the burn does, I diedd since it was almost melee
> Premium Armor Set says you need 30 upgraded hull, numbering them 1 2 3 is very misleading, as many recipes in other games state you need more of the same item to complete the recipe

3/5​
Description & Presentaton: Very much lacking.

There is no indicator on how to play, and what important features there are. Missing screenshots, credits, and a changelog. Any model, skin, icon, or anything that helped must be credited.

1/5​

PART 3
VERDICT
For the map to be put out for public, it must follow the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/ Rules not met:

>Credits list (description)
>Unprotected, protected, or open source message (description)
>Screen shots (description)
>Wrong map type, map is only AoS. You can check my guide at the bottom. (description)
>Average quality standard, including terrain and gameplay (in-game)​

SCORE: 1.4/5.0 I have to vote REJECTION

NOTES: Alright, the map can be fixed, but it has a lot of problems. You can fix it and reupload later, or upload a new one. Feel free to contact me and make sure to read the rules before uploading next time :p
(+1) Reputation Point for uploading the map!
-Map Review by SCN

Level 32
Official THW Review (Finished)

PART 1
RATINGS
Tanks of Chaos (2.3)

Gameplay & Entertainment: 6/20
Tiles & Terrain: 2/10
Doodads & Scenery: 2/10
Bugs & Consistency: 3/5
Description & Presentation: 1/5
Total Score: 14/50

PART 2
FEEDBACK
Gameplay & Entertainment: One of the sole purposes of playing a map is entertainment and to have fun with it. I see you were trying to take on a Battle Tank and Hero Wars hybrid, but the problem is it looks really unfinished. Damage outputs on items are way to high, and the armor is way to low. Let's take a closer look.
In the early game, I felt the tanks were just really weak and the creeps were to strong. But this changed all to quickly when you get the gold for it. Take a second and look at your turret shop. If you do the math, rockets easily over power all other turrets. That's only for 2000 gold, the particle turret which costs 4500 can't compete. In the shop, the armor recipe is a huge waste of money, for 4000 gold, it just adds an extra 150 hp while upgrading hull gives 150 hp, and only costs 1200. Only reason someone would buy it is to save 1 slot of space if they are rich. Getting all rockets will be anything, even both recipes. I even tested against my brother, nothing can counter it. This is how I get free gold from never ending creeps with a full stack, and I killed them all without dying. This shouldn't be possible in an AoS.

227608-albums7473-picture86705.png
Also, look at the mini map. You have a red tower on the bottom right and it destroys an enemy spawn.

For the spawns, units keep getting clogged up behind the ones fighting. To avoid this, differ the range further. Flamethrower and others are the same, spread them out so the hero can't get trapped from it's own units. Some of the units are to flashy, whatever that left over fire is, it makes is hard to see and it's very distracting. I don't quite understand how the strategy spawns work, they are just random special spawns?

One of the good things about the map is that it uses well fit models, but questionable building and building placement. The buildings are splattered all over throughout each side of the map, and not fitting ones. What are undead buildings doing here? If you need other choices of barracks, you can download some :eek:rc_grin:

6/20​
Tiles & Terrain: The terrain is very low quality.
When looking at the tiles, using one tile for the whole map is unacceptable. It is all grass, not counting chunk of blight near the middle. What you can do to fix this, is to use multiple tiles and spread them out a little more evenly. There aren't any approved maps here that have one single terrain, unless they are really old. As for pathing in Lordaeron, I would suggest from inside path to outside or just which match with which: Rough Dirt, Dirt, Grassy Dirt, Grass, to Dark Grass.

Now, your map is also 100% flat. That is aloud, but it's still bad terrain. You can use cliffs or height tools to make hills near the side or near the path or at the edges of the map. Small waves of the height tools would make it more natural as well. I suggest you look at a melee/blizzard map to see how they do it.

Lastly, the map layout is unfavorable, even though it's mostly symmetrical. The second path is to far from the first one, there would be little fighting there, it's way to far. The bottom is a lot wider than the top. In the top right corner, the pathway is to crowded. This:

227608-albums7473-picture86706.png

2/10​
Doodads & Scenery: The way the map looks, it's very dull.

There are no decorations on the map except the right side of the map, which is just spammed shrubs not counting trees. When you place doodads, place then one to a few at a time, usually near edges or other doodads. Rocks, flowers, some crops, fallen logs, some crates and barrels around the map would make it look a lot better. Shrubs shouldn't be put in the middle of a walk way, they should be near some trees and rocks. And if you're up to it, you can decorate the bases to look more... basy.

2/10​
Bugs & Consistancy: You have a few screws loose here.

> After the win, the other player can win too. Please fix the winning condition.
> You have two Q hotkeys on the hero
> When using only QWER, please put them in the right order
> Please state how much range the burn does, I diedd since it was almost melee
> Premium Armor Set says you need 30 upgraded hull, numbering them 1 2 3 is very misleading, as many recipes in other games state you need more of the same item to complete the recipe

3/5​
Description & Presentaton: Very much lacking.

There is no indicator on how to play, and what important features there are. Missing screenshots, credits, and a changelog. Any model, skin, icon, or anything that helped must be credited.

1/5​

PART 3
VERDICT
For the map to be put out for public, it must follow the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/ Rules not met:

>Credits list (description)
>Unprotected, protected, or open source message (description)
>Screen shots (description)
>Wrong map type, map is only AoS. You can check my guide at the bottom. (description)
>Average quality standard, including terrain and gameplay (in-game)​

SCORE: 1.4/5.0 I have to vote REJECTION

NOTES: Alright, the map can be fixed, but it has a lot of problems. You can fix it and reupload later, or upload a new one. Feel free to contact me and make sure to read the rules before uploading next time :p
(+1) Reputation Point for uploading the map!
-Map Review by SCN

Last edited: