• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Tank Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
3342415.png

Created by Venger07

1518115_10202110575661635_75046491_n.jpg

1525603_10202110576901666_462516140_n.jpg

1513858_10202110581421779_2064244432_n.jpg

1512467_10202110581181773_749433851_n.jpg

1506608_10202110577901691_1295911182_n.jpg

Map Info:

Is based on the online game "World of Tanks" where each players can control a single tank in battle.

3342417.png
The main goal of the game is to destroy your oponent's main base but doing it is not htat easy because both bases are guarded by turrets and missile launchers.

1525523_10202110583101821_1312030356_n.jpg

3342418.png
The tank has two separate controls and it is the tank movement and crosser movement controls that can be operated by using the arrow keys.

Pressing "E" while in control mode enables you to control either Tank or Crosser movements.

Tank movements is affected by fuel which helps your tank to move around from one place to another.

Crosser movement is affected by the range limits.
[Note:] If between the position of your tank and the crosser exceeds 3000 range, the camera zooms out and changes the angle.

1234007_10201468238763614_1381002852_n.jpg

3342426.png
[ESC] > Enables the player to zoom in and out.

[Q] - Select > Enables the player to select your soldier which can learn abilities such as Tank Strength, Tank Capacity, and Tank Armor.

[W] - Camera > Enables the player to zoom in or zoom out and also reduces the crosser's sensitivity.

[E] - Control Switch > Enables the player to control either tank or crosser movements.

[R] - Radar > Helps the player to detect enemies within range.

[A] - Crosser > Allows the player to change the type of crosser they want.

- Status Check > Indicates the Damage, Accuracy, Range, Speed, Fuel, and Radar - Radius.

[D] - Upgrade > Shows the upgrade buttons.

[F] - Shoot > Fires a single missile to the position of the crosser.

[Z] - Pick up Item > Picks up the closest item.

[X] - Angle Settings > Enables the player to adjust the parabola height or the angle of the missile.

1236248_10201468238883617_1559371650_n.jpg

3342421.png

Each player can upgrade their tank to increase their efficiency while in combat. Pressing "D" will show the Upgrade Buttons.

1526637_10202110594222099_1034514781_n.jpg

1528564_10202110596382153_564229907_n.jpg

Accuracy - Increases the shooting speed of your tank. Can be upgrade upto level 10.

Damage - Increases the fire power of your tank.
[Note:] Every time your tank increases level, your damage also increases with small amount.

Range - Increases the maximum range of crosser.
[Note:] Shooting in a higher place affects the angle of attack which means the higher position, the further the missile land.

Speed - Increases the movement speed of your tank.
[Note:] The fuel consumes faster when speed is increased.

Radar Radius - Increases the radius of the radar.

Radar Cooldown - Decreases the cooldown of the radar.

3342423.png

Machinegun Turret - Is an auto-matic machinegun that shoots whenever an enemy is near and great for destroying tanks and killing soldiers but poor in range.

Rocket Launchers - A long range defensive machine which launches missiles rapidly that is good for destroying a group of enemies.
Coming Soon[/img]
1230026_10201423919615663_1577070531_n.jpg

3342424.png

Image Description:
Coming Soon

Image Description:
1512837_10202110586141897_1319691484_n.jpg

1530499_10202110585781888_475790399_n.jpg

1497716_10202110587501931_357509837_n.jpg

1526945_10202110591982043_718899952_n.jpg

1508135_10202110591742037_1848628478_n.jpg

3342428.png

Models:
  • WILL THE ALMIGHTY
  • Kofi_Banan
  • Deolrin
  • Illidan(Evil)X
  • Fingolfin
Systems:
  • priest170234
  • MortAr

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Last edited:
Hello, I decide to take a look on your project and want to give some suggestion to improve it.

First, the description lacks some designing for the presentation, improving the presentation is a good thing as it will attract more people. some notable project that I can recommend to take a look at are Tides of War by Forsaken and Rise of Blood Elves by Tomoraider also, some notable ways to make a good description are BB Codes, Map Description Template and Map Description Generator

Second, Take some screenshot of the project, project with screenshots are more enjoyable to look by users, There's a notable tutorial for Uploading Screenshots to Hive Workshop

That's all for now, feel free to contact me if you need any help.

CONTACT ME
PM Daffa the Mage
Leave a Visitor Message for Daffa the Mage (Requires Friendship)
Note that I recommend sending the message directly to my PM as I will prioritize them over the rest.

Level 13
Hello, I decide to take a look on your project and want to give some suggestion to improve it.

First, the description lacks some designing for the presentation, improving the presentation is a good thing as it will attract more people. some notable project that I can recommend to take a look at are Tides of War by Forsaken and Rise of Blood Elves by Tomoraider also, some notable ways to make a good description are BB Codes, Map Description Template and Map Description Generator

Second, Take some screenshot of the project, project with screenshots are more enjoyable to look by users, There's a notable tutorial for Uploading Screenshots to Hive Workshop

That's all for now, feel free to contact me if you need any help.

CONTACT ME
PM Daffa the Mage
Leave a Visitor Message for Daffa the Mage (Requires Friendship)
Note that I recommend sending the message directly to my PM as I will prioritize them over the rest.

Thank you for the information, I just need time to update it... and I'm still learning how to use BB code.

Level 23
Well, I'll post something here instead of just VMing the OP. This thread seriously needs some comments about the project itself and not about the thread's aesthetics.

I don't know about the real gameplay of your map but I'll try my best to give you some good suggestions and comments.

• Really nice controls. One can get used to it pretty easily so IMO T-up for that. but I think you should improve the descriptions a bit and fix up some grammar errors like in the Pick up item tool-tip, instead of "Picks up a closest item", you could change it to "Picks up the closest item to your tank."or something similar to that.
  • Improve the portrait model of your Control. You could use a model from hive that has a pretty decent portrait model instead. Change to hitpoints of your Control to the max hitpoints too so that it won't show anything in the UI.
  • Since this is a modern game, you could just replace gold with cash or something else. IMO its weird that you're still using gold to upgrade your 21st century tank.
  • From your screenshot, it looks like players can only go through a lane? I think you could atleast include forest route so that it would involve more strategy rather than just running into battle.
  • Your terrain needs some improvement. It looks pretty boring at some points because of the lack of doodads and tile variations. Especially with that camera angle, players will really notice how low quality the tiles are but you could cope up with it by using tile variations and more doodads. I also suggest using modern tiles like this as it would really suit your game.
  • I also see in the screenshots that there are different types of tanks. Do you let the players choose at the start? and Does these tanks have different stats? If your answer is yes to both of my question then that would be pretty darn awesome.

And well, I guess that's all I could suggest for now. I'll be looking forward for a release of your map. :)

BTW, thread is really awesome now. GJ.

Level 30
Interesting project. To start of, you have a simple yet informative thread introduction and that is good. Now on to the game, the aim of the game is quite simple but it offers alot of interesting systems and options mostly for the Tank unit.

Now to move on to the Suggestions mostly on Terrain, it could use some more work because it looks not that fitting for such a good battlefield of Tanks and Soldiers. I suggest find some futuristic decors and tiles for your maps to better fit and also could use some more variations at tile because they became too repetitive. Trees should also not be that small, aim to make it realistic. Make them bigger on what you can picture them in real life. Lastly its better to put some terrain also at Beyond Map Bounds to make it like have this continuation.

Overall, this is an interesting project to watch out. I look forward for some updates you shall make. Take this +4 REP. :)

Level 13
First of all thank you for the comments and suggestion guys , I really need some ideas to improve my map.

Well, I'll post something here instead of just VMing the OP. This thread seriously needs some comments about the project itself and not about the thread's aesthetics.

I don't know about the real gameplay of your map but I'll try my best to give you some good suggestions and comments.

• Really nice controls. One can get used to it pretty easily so IMO T-up for that. but I think you should improve the descriptions a bit and fix up some grammar errors like in the Pick up item tool-tip, instead of "Picks up a closest item", you could change it to "Picks up the closest item to your tank."or something similar to that.
  • Improve the portrait model of your Control. You could use a model from hive that has a pretty decent portrait model instead. Change to hitpoints of your Control to the max hitpoints too so that it won't show anything in the UI.
  • Since this is a modern game, you could just replace gold with cash or something else. IMO its weird that you're still using gold to upgrade your 21st century tank.
  • From your screenshot, it looks like players can only go through a lane? I think you could atleast include forest route so that it would involve more strategy rather than just running into battle.
  • Your terrain needs some improvement. It looks pretty boring at some points because of the lack of doodads and tile variations. Especially with that camera angle, players will really notice how low quality the tiles are but you could cope up with it by using tile variations and more doodads. I also suggest using modern tiles like this as it would really suit your game.
  • I also see in the screenshots that there are different types of tanks. Do you let the players choose at the start? and Does these tanks have different stats? If your answer is yes to both of my question then that would be pretty darn awesome.

And well, I guess that's all I could suggest for now. I'll be looking forward for a release of your map. :)

BTW, thread is really awesome now. GJ.

•Ok, I will change some descriptions
•About the control, that models was a computer or something like that..because I made 5 units for 1 player .. the 1st unit is the Soldier, which takes damage, reduces fuel, and gains level in short your "Hero". Then the 2nd unit is the Control, which has the ability to shoot, pick item, etc. 3rd is the Crosser, which determines the point where you're aiming at. Then the 4th is the TANK HEAD which separates from its body and 5th is the TANK BODY. I separated the control because the other units such as Soldier, Crosser, Tank Head, and Tank Body are moving every 0.02 seconds..
•Ok, I will change the gold icon into "$" and its description in the gameplay interface..
•Trees and crates are destroyed when tank passes through it..so having trees is not really a problem for a tank to move from one place to another...in fact they can go around the map except for passing through units, buildings, and fences...
•The answer is yes, players can choose tanks and they have different stats too but for now I only have 2 tank models made by Illidan(Evil)X but I edited it and made 2 models out of 1 which is the HEAD model and the BODY model...... I just need time to upload my new screen shots.

Interesting project. To start of, you have a simple yet informative thread introduction and that is good. Now on to the game, the aim of the game is quite simple but it offers alot of interesting systems and options mostly for the Tank unit.

Now to move on to the Suggestions mostly on Terrain, it could use some more work because it looks not that fitting for such a good battlefield of Tanks and Soldiers. I suggest find some futuristic decors and tiles for your maps to better fit and also could use some more variations at tile because they became too repetitive. Trees should also not be that small, aim to make it realistic. Make them bigger on what you can picture them in real life. Lastly its better to put some terrain also at Beyond Map Bounds to make it like have this continuation.

Overall, this is an interesting project to watch out. I look forward for some updates you shall make. Take this +4 REP. :)

Ok, I'll focus more on the terrain..

Last edited:
Level 20
Anyway now the description is now really nice than before ^^.

I have suggestions:

* Making a soldiers in this map will make your map looks like a modern war and it is really fitting in the map. Add soldiers not just missile turrets, towers or tanks so the game will be excitement.

* Add the tiles that Hera suggested from you because it is really fitting.

* Add more doodads and terrains' warfare to make fit the enviroment or the condition in the map and will make your map awesome!

* Replace trees, find in Model Section about the tree models in the hive because ashenvale tree is not fitting the map well.

That's all I can suggest from now ^^. +Reputation Points! to your project :D.

Level 13
Anyway now the description is now really nice than before ^^.

I have suggestions:

* Making a soldiers in this map will make your map looks like a modern war and it is really fitting in the map. Add soldiers not just missile turrets, towers or tanks so the game will be excitement.

* Add the tiles that Hera suggested from you because it is really fitting.

* Add more doodads and terrains' warfare to make fit the enviroment or the condition in the map and will make your map awesome!

* Replace trees, find in Model Section about the tree models in the hive because ashenvale tree is not fitting the map well.

That's all I can suggest from now ^^. +Reputation Points! to your project :D.

Thanks, btw there are soldiers in my map, both base spawn soldiers then attack their enemy base.
Each player also has ammo, every time you shoot it is decreased by 1. Ammo and Fuel drops from soldiers or tanks when they die.

Level 20
Thanks, btw there are soldiers in my map, both base spawn soldiers then attack their enemy base.
Each player also has ammo, every time you shoot it is decreased by 1. Ammo and Fuel drops from soldiers or tanks when they die.

Thanks for pointing me out, sorry because I didn't see soldiers in the screenshots :D!

Last edited:
Level 13
Thanks for pointing me out, sorry because I didn't see soldiers in the screenshots :D!

No problem :3 , I guess the soldiers were too small from the screen shot..xD

And like Hera said ..I changed the gold into $ from the upgrade buttons.. and also the control portrait, It was a computer installation model but now I changed it into tank model and placed it in the map where tanks can not go.... new screen shots will be uploaded soon..

First of all this looks really cool. I'm working on a modern warfare map too and its very challenging. I am a little confused though. What does the tank do? I mean I know it moves around but do you just shot or do you aim? Does it keep track of fuel? Do you have an artillery projectile type system, where you set the angle of each shot? It looks like you have some things like this but I can tell. Anyway, I really like your idea. I can't wait to play it. You could add a download button if you want to have people test it for you. :) +rep

Level 13
First of all this looks really cool. I'm working on a modern warfare map too and its very challenging. I am a little confused though. What does the tank do? I mean I know it moves around but do you just shot or do you aim? Does it keep track of fuel? Do you have an artillery projectile type system, where you set the angle of each shot? It looks like you have some things like this but I can tell. Anyway, I really like your idea. I can't wait to play it. You could add a download button if you want to have people test it for you. :) +rep

Thanks , players can control their tank by using arrow keys,.. I made my own 8-way arrow key movement system.. well you can't control the crosser and movement of the tank at the same time so I separated it .. there is an ability which will allow you to control the tank or crosser. Yes, it has fuel which is your mana, every time your tank move, it will be decreased. Then you can also adjust the angle of the missile.

I now imported HD tree models by Fingolfin and some terrain skins.. added some animated grass and sand bags.. I will upload screen shots soon.

Level 13
so what happens with empty mana?
the tank can't move again?

uh.. sadly ... yes.. xD so you have to check when the fuel is getting low, you must go back to the base and regen your mp near the tank factory.. or you can loot fuels somewhere in map because ammo and fuel are randomly appeared in map but after 30 seconds they will disappear and they also have a chance to drop from soldiers and tanks..

Level 13
Maybe some suggestion on renaming some attributes such as:

Damage >> Firepower
Armor >> Defense

Strength >> Power
Agility >> Speed
Intelligence >> Fuel (maybe?)

Strength determines the HP of your tank..
Agility determines the armor
Intelligence determines the fuel capacity..

You can upgrade the damage, range, accuracy, etc from the upgrade buttons..

I am really liking the look of this. The tank controls are done just the way i would do them, and the selection menu looks good. I don't think the tiles fit too well with the tree models though - i have some on my computer which i made specifically to fit with theese trees that i have attached to this post. There is also more which i posted here.

Note that the grass model uses a partially unshaded layer, so it can only be used if you disable the day/night cycle, lest they look glowing. If you want to use it during the night though, i can fix that for you. Good luck with your project.

Attachments

• WW2Dirt.blp
    95.3 KB · Views: 292
  • GrassFlowers.blp
    86.5 KB · Views: 341
  • GrassDeadLight.blp
    43.8 KB · Views: 280
  • GrassTallFlowers.mdx
    11.1 KB · Views: 262
  • GrassDeadLight.mdx
    11.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Asphalt.blp
    93.2 KB · Views: 282
  • GrassBright.blp
    107.5 KB · Views: 280
Level 13
I am really liking the look of this. The tank controls are done just the way i would do them, and the selection menu looks good. I don't think the tiles fit too well with the tree models though - i have some on my computer which i made specifically to fit with theese trees that i have attached to this post. There is also more which i posted here.

Note that the grass model uses a partially unshaded layer, so it can only be used if you disable the day/night cycle, lest they look glowing. If you want to use it during the night though, i can fix that for you. Good luck with your project.

awesome!! this is great! thanks ! btw ur models are awesome! :) I'll get this started soon..

Level 13
wow, you're back :3

haha.. been busy these past few days.. :3 I'm doing my other project the "World of Chaos" ..I prefer it because it has AI .. It's like AoS but it has only mid lane... created my own heroes... some of them are similar to Dota, like Luna Moonfang, Anti Mage, Nevermore.. Some of the items are also similar to Dota, I just added my own items..I added a twist when buying items..
I'm enjoying how my own AI fight w/ in game hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.