• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Talking 'bout glows :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Wondering...
If glows in the heroes and units can be applied in WC3 using glow models? hehe....

screen_2.jpg

Level 2
This looks like DoTA, but like.... oh I see

This is either a DoTA ripoff, like DoTA 2 or LoL, or its a huge Warcraft 3 UI and Graphics modification

Definitely not LoL or Dota2. It's HoN... for sure... I think. HoN has a champion called kraken as far as I rmb. :p

EDIT: Answer, or so I think,

Hey I think i saw the answer to tagging non-hero units with the hero glows somewhere on another forum. WEU has the capability to do so if im not wrong, through a passive based off Channel (and set to not-visible) with animation hero glow (hero glow is selectable in WEU) which would give the unit the glow you want.

Level 8
Definitely not LoL or Dota2. It's HoN... for sure... I think. HoN has a champion called kraken as far as I rmb. :p

EDIT: Answer, or so I think,

Hey I think i saw the answer to tagging non-hero units with the hero glows somewhere on another forum. WEU has the capability to do so if im not wrong, through a passive based off Channel (and set to not-visible) with animation hero glow (hero glow is selectable in WEU) which would give the unit the glow you want.

Yeh your right, I didnt know there was a third DoTA ripoff, kinda surprising how Blizzard puts up with all this

Level 11
Yeh your right, I didnt know there was a third DoTA ripoff, kinda surprising how Blizzard puts up with all this

Blizzard doesn't own DotA. Guinsoo, the original creator of DotA Allstars (the most played version of DotA by far) works for Riot Games, the developers of League of Legends. IceFrog, the longest-standing editor of DotA Allstars, was hired by Valve to work on Dota2. Heroes of Newerth's developers, S2, originally had IceFrog's blessing to recreate DotA before he was hired by Valve.

Blizzard is making their own DotA as well, and unless they have Eul on their staff, their DotA is really the closest thing to a ripoff - since Blizzard never had a direct hand in DotA's development.[/offtopic]

Status
Not open for further replies.