• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a hero glow removal? Come here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I will remove any hero glow from a hero for You (this also includes glows on weapons (example: glow on Demon Hunter's weapons)), just request it here! But, just a few rules before you request anything:

1. You're not allowed to spam, troll, flame, insult or break any other of THW Rules in this thread!
2. I will remove glows only from models that were made by Blizzard Entertainment (I will remove glows from custom made models only if you have author's permission to edit the model)!
3. You can request only 4 glow removals at the time! After I finish your request, then you can request additional 4 more, an so on...
4. I only remove hero glows, I do not add them, so don't request any hero glow adds.

Further examples:

Attachments

• ladyVashj.PNG
    ladyVashj.PNG
    135.4 KB · Views: 113
  • warlock_noglow.PNG
    warlock_noglow.PNG
    158.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Level 34
So you want me to remove hero glow from every hero in the game? That's just too much... if I make all of them now, then this thread would just die and no one else could make a request... unless I make all of the heroes without glow, and then someone stickies this thread :/ ... also:
3. You can request only 4 glow removals at the time! After I finish your request, then you can request additional 2 more, an so on...

Last edited:
Level 3
Hi! can you please remove the hero glow from Tauren Chieftain (standart orc hero)
and from these three heroes?
thanks!

Edit: Calahan gave me his permission!

Attachments

• BehemotRiderbyCallahan.zip
    75.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Tauren.zip
    117.5 KB · Views: 38
  • HeroTaurenShaman.zip
    237.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Level 30
if I make all of them now, then this thread would just die and no one else could make a request... unless I make all of the heroes without glow, and then someone stickies this thread :/ ... also:

Eeeh, would that be a problem?
It would actually be great if everyone could instantly have access to the skin needed instead of requesting it.

The one and only argument we're holding here is the time necessary.

Level 3
manstie

i already did it. Now i'm just waiting for their response.
Yet i don't think they'll not agree with such small edit. After all it's just hero glow, isn't it?

Level 6
is this just scaling down the glow to 0 - not actually removing the 'geoset' (i know very little about modeling)?

if not, goblin alchemist and tinker, pls.

Level 34
how do you remove the glow effect?
I use three tools, Magos' Model Editor to extract the model, War3FileConverter to convert .mdx <=> .mdl and VertexModify to finally remove the glow. So, in VertexModify, I open a .mdl file model, search for team glow's geoset, and when I find it, I select all the "dots" and then click the "Snap" button. If I clicked "Remove", then I would delete the whole geoset, and then everything would fuck up... then I convert it to .mdx file again, and check if it works in Magos.

Anyway, here are the models.

Attachments

• HeroTaurenChieftain.mdx
    356 KB · Views: 56
  • HeroTinker.mdx
    687.5 KB · Views: 56
  • HEROGoblinALCHEMIST.mdx
    584.6 KB · Views: 57
  • HeroPaladinBoss2.mdx
    252.6 KB · Views: 49
Level 6
Since your removing them, by any change do you think you could add a glow to the Sludge Flinger? D:

Edit* Also the Chemical Rage goblin alchemist form too?

Level 34
Since your removing them, by any change do you think you could add a glow to the Sludge Flinger? D:

Edit* Also the Chemical Rage goblin alchemist form too?
Did you even bother reading the rules? I underlined the word remove, and told you that I only remove, I do not add hero glows... (because I don't know how to... >_>)
But, you can attach hero glow by yourself, using this model.

Level 3
Thankzorianz! =)

Just a small advice: move all your glow-removed models to the first post. It'll be much easier to track the list of what is already done!

Status
Not open for further replies.