• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales Of The Alliance

Which campaign should I start work on next

• Total voters
Level 1
That's good, but any news on Conquest of an alliance it's at 96% so what is left to do on it and when do you think it will be done?

Well I'm thinking of bumping CoI back to 90% due to the whole remaking of the third interlude and the fact that I'm making it according to Blizz standards which means I need to go back through a couple of missions and change a few things.

When I started making the campaign I sucked really badly at making stuff but now I know exactly how to do things professionally and it's the standard to which I'm improving all the maps. Kind of like how Tomoraider released the original rotb then made the v2.0 I'm not going to do that I'm going to release CoI to the highest possible standard at release without the need for major updates.

I also want to release CoI and LL at the same time so that the stories begin to run together.

Yes and no, I've stopped working on it but I'll probably pick it up again. It's in a weird state of limbo not helped by the fact that I've moved onto other things from Warcraft 3, I've not left it and I'm not gone from Warcraft 3 but I'm doing/playing other things.

I'll probably get back on to this some day but not soon, so sorry. I'll see what I can do maybe come March, I'll have gotten a lot of personal things out of the way then and I've got a few holidays then so we'll see.

So, it's been 5 years, I would still love to play the full campaign tho xd
Well then you'll be happy to hear that work on the sequel to Lordaeron's Legacy, Lordaeron's Destiny is proceeding steadily and only has 3 missions left to finish before it can be released (along with a lot of polishing).

Level 7
Well then you'll be happy to hear that work on the sequel to Lordaeron's Legacy, Lordaeron's Destiny is proceeding steadily and only has 3 missions left to finish before it can be released (along with a lot of polishing).
Hoping someone makes a Youtube playthrough of it. :ogre_love:

Level 9
I forgot about this and was surprised to get a notification from this thread!
I'm glad Footman is still working on it and I'll play the demo to remember what the project is

Level 26
I've updated the first page since it was massively out of date, I still need to change some more things about it but hopefully it'll give a better idea of the direction the project is now going in.
It's out of date again, but you done so good! I made it until the end. I was a bit disappointed, because I expected to be more than 10 chapters, but who I am to judge? After I seen what you & others are made in the Lordaerons Destiny... I was amazed. I really liked the Zombie chapter, where the limit was only 500 zombies to escape, more of that means Chapter Failed. Thank you very much for the campaigns, and amazing works. It was a pleasure to play.

It's out of date again, but you done so good! I made it until the end. I was a bit disappointed, because I expected to be more than 10 chapters, but who I am to judge? After I seen what you & others are made in the Lordaerons Destiny... I was amazed. I really liked the Zombie chapter, where the limit was only 500 zombies to escape, more of that means Chapter Failed. Thank you very much for the campaigns, and amazing works. It was a pleasure to play.
Yep, I'll need to update it again, the OP looks horrendous lol!

Thanks, it took a long time to make the chapters as a lot of the missions featured complexities that might not be initially obvious and that took a long time to make, even if the end result still has a few bugs unfortunately.

Chapter 8 is one of my favourites, the Zombie objective I did feel was unique and added some more flavour to it. Chapter 6 is another one of my favourites :)

Level 6
Howdy, Footman16.
After replaying the campaign, i have been thinking about how story would unfold.
You mentioned your next campaign is about Stromgarde and will also have story progression in MOP timeline.
Perhaps, you consider continuation of our rightful King Candor's story in BFA timeline?
Lore after Legion can be quite messy, but BFA can be opportunity for reborn Lordaeron storyline.
With destruction of Undercity and forsaken army in Trisfal, their grasps on Hillsbrad, Silverpine and Plaguelands will be weakened.
And then it will be perfect opportunity that Candor can reclaim some of the former Lordaeron's lands from the forsaken remnant's forces.
You can go link with BFA timeline by Candor's forces sending help to Alliance in reclaiming Stromgarde etc.

Howdy, Footman16.
After replaying the campaign, i have been thinking about how story would unfold.
You mentioned your next campaign is about Stromgarde and will also have story progression in MOP timeline.
Perhaps, you consider continuation of our rightful King Candor's story in BFA timeline?
Lore after Legion can be quite messy, but BFA can be opportunity for reborn Lordaeron storyline.
With destruction of Undercity and forsaken army in Trisfal, their grasps on Hillsbrad, Silverpine and Plaguelands will be weakened.
And then it will be perfect opportunity that Candor can reclaim some of the former Lordaeron's lands from the forsaken remnant's forces.
You can go link with BFA timeline by Candor's forces sending help to Alliance in reclaiming Stromgarde etc.
So Candors story is on hold for now after Lordaerons Destiny. The Stromgarde campaign takes place during the Third War and will show what happened to Stromgadde during that time period.

Level 7
So Candors story is on hold for now after Lordaerons Destiny. The Stromgarde campaign takes place during the Third War and will show what happened to Stromgadde during that time period.
I do admit I'm hoping for a better victory. I admit the campaign itself could use a little work story-wise and gameplay wise, but it's a product of real dedication, and I'm happy with that. Though if you need help with writing a better story, I can help with that.

I do admit I'm hoping for a better victory. I admit the campaign itself could use a little work story-wise and gameplay wise, but it's a product of real dedication, and I'm happy with that. Though if you need help with writing a better story, I can help with that.
In what ways do you feel the story and gameplay could use a little work? I'm happy to hear suggestions and feedback :)

Level 7
In what ways do you feel the story and gameplay could use a little work? I'm happy to hear suggestions and feedback :)
Right, so with regards to the story, there could be more work in the dialogue, cause there are parts that feel slightly cut-off or lacking, like the dialogue could be fleshed out a little more. The cinematic dialogue still tends to be overly long for short sentences, though it's an improvement over the previous campaign.

As for gameplay, I feel like Candor's faction could use some more uniqueness in terms of appearance, mechanics and playstyle. It feels like a copy-paste of the Human faction, to be honest. And then there's the part where Candor enlisted the aid of the Elves and the Dwarves, yet I don't see them being featured at all in the gameplay, whether as additional units in Candor's faction or as allied players.

And for the final part, with Sylvanas's troops severely depleted in the Battle of Andorhal, I think it would make sense for the Blood Elves to start questioning her war policy with the Humans, wondering if it's really worth it. At least in the sense that they would doubt they can easily win against Candor's Kingdom. If possible, politics could see Sylvanas and the Forsaken being painted in an increasingly bad light by the Horde, such that they may move to restrict its privileges and make it isolated.

Anyway, it's just my suggestions here.

Right, so with regards to the story, there could be more work in the dialogue, cause there are parts that feel slightly cut-off or lacking, like the dialogue could be fleshed out a little more. The cinematic dialogue still tends to be overly long for short sentences, though it's an improvement over the previous campaign.
I see, well I'm a firm believer in show not tell as well as to trim unnecessary dialogue, generally less is more and you use as much as you need to convey the points that you want to i.e. interpersonal conflict, plot progression and yes sometimes even exposition when necessary. I'd need more specific examples to be able to see what you mean in these regards :) There is a fine balance I feel between too much dialogue and too little. Gameplay should always be front and centre imo and the story/dialogue etc is a tool to invest the player but to also move between each set piece. There are a couple of weaknesses, for example Istan being sent to Kalimdor only to be sent to the Eastern Kingdoms was a bit dumb and could've been done better. But generally I feel like the story is cohesive and well-rounded in terms of establishing characters and plot ending in a climax and a resolution.
As for gameplay, I feel like Candor's faction could use some more uniqueness in terms of appearance, mechanics and playstyle. It feels like a copy-paste of the Human faction, to be honest. And then there's the part where Candor enlisted the aid of the Elves and the Dwarves, yet I don't see them being featured at all in the gameplay, whether as additional units in Candor's faction or as allied players.
I am also a firm believer in not changing things for the sake of change :p therefore I wanted to keep a lot of the original Human tech-tree but add and change some aspects for more flavour and to represent the Alliance as it is in WoW, so Draenei, Gunships etc. The Elves and Dwarves do appear tho, Candor doesn't use Elven and Dwarven units until after that mission before that he just has Footmen and Spearmen. Literally every Elf and Dwarven unit in the tech-tree comes from that mission ;)
And for the final part, with Sylvanas's troops severely depleted in the Battle of Andorhal, I think it would make sense for the Blood Elves to start questioning her war policy with the Humans, wondering if it's really worth it. At least in the sense that they would doubt they can easily win against Candor's Kingdom. If possible, politics could see Sylvanas and the Forsaken being painted in an increasingly bad light by the Horde, such that they may move to restrict its privileges and make it isolated.

Anyway, it's just my suggestions here.
These campaigns are confined to the Alliance so it would feel out of place to suddenly introduce Horde politics in the background; its why I decided to exclude Sylvanas' appearance in the Battle of Andorhal and her interactions with Koltira as I felt it would be too out of place and detract from the focus on Istan, Candor and Pyraelus.

EDIT: The last thing I'll say is that there's a difference between a bad story and a story that doesn't do what you want it to. But in the case of the latter I think that should always be a great incentive to make you're own works and to produce your own stories so people can enjoy your vision. After all you say you can write a better story so I hope you go out and make your own custom campaign for me to play and enjoy :)

Last edited:
Level 7
EDIT: The last thing I'll say is that there's a difference between a bad story and a story that doesn't do what you want it to. But in the case of the latter I think that should always be a great incentive to make you're own works and to produce your own stories so people can enjoy your vision. After all you say you can write a better story so I hope you go out and make your own custom campaign for me to play and enjoy :)
I'm not a campaign editor, I admit, but thanks for your suggestions.