• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria

Do you agree with my opinion?

• Yeh

• neh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Siler is busy, idk what happened to Apostle, and he was in charge of developing some very intricate stuff for us, one of the reasons the campaign progress stopped is because he went mia

well let's try to bring @San out here and lets hear what he thinks about our abilities if he's not too depressed

Level 10
Mate I'll just talk to siler, also one of my other buddies (who's currently not a member of hive) may be interested in joining the project, I'll tell him the details if he appears interested

Level 10
Some of the many iterations of this campaign had darker themes, just got eliminated because Blake felt (and rightfully so) that it would make the campaign too dark and depressing

Level 11
@Colonel Aster I just didn't want the campaign to have a gloomy mood, so certain elements were re-worked, however the original wasn't supposed to be gloomy at all, it was the 6th or so version which had some dark elements, I just dont see those things as being essential or necessary in any way to the story or gameplay

Level 12
So I know I've said this before but you got an awesome world map, how did you create it? Also was it originally like that or did you have to change some thing?

Level 11
In one of my classes I took a few years back I had a giant world map that emphasized oceania hung on the wall. I thought to use parts of oceania as basis for a world map, I stuck to the original ideas; the map has eight continents (the land mass to the right of the main continent consists of 2 separate continents) the map has a large amount of ocean on it, has a variety of climates and environments represented, the top continent of Thrinea is very cold, and the small continent which is the most southermost one is so cold that its essentially uninhabited by humans, to the top left lies the shattered continent, a barren land with little vegetation that's been shattered into pieces by earthquakes (or where those really earthquakes)... THe shape of the main continent did change somewhat, but this was due to the way it came out in the editor, also the southwestern continent had to be remade because I could not find the original file

Level 12
so from what I understand :
The continent of Thrinea is A
The shattered Continent is B
The "land mass" to the right of the main landmass consists of 2 separate continents

upload_2017-8-31_14-0-4.png

Rem

Rem

Level 7
I like the abilities that you gave my character, but u guys put in too much time into the geographi,, abilities, battlefields (maps)

what about the characters and their development ?? after all their actions are what drives the story forward

Rem

Rem

Level 7
ok. i can e-mail u some of my idea, also do you guys still attend the same chat??

Level 12
Lol deepstraz got pissed because after he gave me 0 rep with the comment that I should ask a mod to take off the poll I told him to do it if it bothers him

Level 10
@Lord Aiden . I can see how his rep comments can get a little annoying sometimes

anyway as far as the discussion for abilities to prevent Rem from getting attacked, what about simply giving her spirit link as her default Blake? This seems like a really good idea to me

Level 11
@Shar Dundred It's because people keep asking me for updates and campaign progress when I post there, when there just isn't any...

people decided to ask me questions about my campaign here, so I've decided to answer them.. and also learn and apply some of the concepts that their replies may put forth

Level 10
Naw, Blake would conduct an experiment in wc3, he would make the hero surround her by various amounts of units, copy this group to like 20 locations, each location would have groups of 5, 6, 7, 8, or more units which would then proceed to target the hero while the hero is triggered to cast spirit link, he would restart the game evertime he gets a result to make sure the occurenece isn't by chance and determine if the ability is OP or not by the amount of units which the hero can withstand attacks from 90 or more % of the time. So ye, there's the scientific method for ya

Level 11
Preliminary tests show that a level 10 Rem (without her summoning ability) along with six (6) un-upgraded footman can beat seven (7) un-upgraded knights with four (4) out of the original footman surviving, off course Flare Rain (enhanced by Arcane Aptitude) was used by Rem several times during this test

Level 11
That is correct, she starts off at level 2 with Mage skills at level 2 (Evasion and Healing Aura learned) and then progresses to level 10 later on in the campaign, I'm not longer thinking of using her as a difficulty augmentation, but rather as a normal hero on missions where no other heroes are available...

Level 10
Like I said Mana Shield, or an ability similar to gargoyle stone form?

Hardened skin will also make a difference, but it may be too op

Last edited:
Level 12
How about you give it a very strong armor bonus ability? Like granting the unit +10 or so armor for 30 seconds or so. I surmise that this will accomplish the task

Level 11
Because enough is enough, It was funny at the beginning, then it just became repetitive. Anyhow about the ability mana shield would be ok, i think an ability that would add lots of armor may be good too, maybe even life drain,

Status
Not open for further replies.