• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales Of Old Warcraft 0.3c

I M P O R T A N T: See the posting bellow for the screenshot links. You really should have a look at those instead of reading my map describtion. Seriouslly. I'm not good at map describtion. But the screenshots are good, I think. Just have a look.

SUMMARY:

Basicly, I wanted to create a map set in the time of Warcraft 1 - a dark and mysterious time. It's not a remake, however.
I tried to create a completly new game experience which I tried to make both fun and easy to learn.
I wanted the map to look good and be realistic. I tried to create a beautiful map design. I've chosen the models I
imported very carefully because I definitely wanted them to fit in with the game. I tried to preserve the original
atmosphere of wc1 and wc2 which were pretty dark and cool and bring it back to live in a newer game (which does not instantly
give you eye-cancer). I put a lot of detail-work in the map and I hope people appreciate that.

However, there might be room for improvement. I appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Especially about the following aspects:

- balance of the factions
- fun factor
- spelling/grammar mistakes (as you may have guessed English is not my mother tongue)
- is it possible to play fluently?
- bugs
- how do you like the atmopshere?

CREDITS - IMPORTED MATERIAL

HUMAN

MountedFootman by Mephestrial
MountedSwordsman by Mephestrial
Cleric by 67chrome

DWARF

DwarvenMountaineer by Norinrad
Dwarven axe thrower by Frankster
DwarfCrane by Ket (added Portrait Camera)

BTNMountaineer by Norinrad
BTNDwarven axe thrower by Frankster
BTNDwarfCrane by Ket
BTNExplosiveBarrel2 by M0rbit

BLOODELF

HeroRanger by Kuhneghetz
FugitiveMageV2 by Red

ORC

OrcWarlockHero by Dojo (removed shield, removed cape, changed weapon size, changed weapon skin, changed helmet skin, created a Chaos version of this model)
RedDragonspawn by Sellenisko

TROLL

Troll Enforcer by Lord_T
DarkSpear Chemist by -Grendel
Troll by HappyTauren (changed blood color from green to dark red, renamed 'Attack - Unarmed' animation to 'Stand Work' for trigger reasons )

BTNTroll by HappyTauren
BTNTrollPredator by Mr. Goblin

UNDEAD

DeathKnight WC2 by Necrokenis
UndeadVrykul by Sellenisko
SkeletonPeasant by cavman

BTNUndeadHorse by Kuhneghetz

OTHER

V1_Ballista by Kitabatake
WoodWall0 by Mephestrial (added Portrait Camera)
WoodWall90 by Mephestrial (added Portrait Camera)
NightElfArtisan by Sellenisko

BTNLight by Palaslayer
BTNEarthLance by L_Lawliet (I made it a AAT Button)
BTNCWRuneSword by CloudWolf (I made it a AAT Button)
BTNPuma by Kuhneghetz

USED TOOLS (all from www.hiveworkshop.com)

- Button Manager
- War3 Model Editor
- BLP Lab

Environment sounds legally downloaded from ''soundbible.com''

ABOUT THE RACES AND HOW THEY MADE THEIR WAY TO THE EPOCH OF WARCRAFT 1:

- Humans: Classic. They've always been there. However, the 'old' humans are way more fixated on strong cavalry (knights) and have cleric as healer
- Dwarfs: No good game without them. Little people with affinity for explosives. In my map their guns are pretty noisy :)
- Elves: rather Bloodelves. Magic addicts. They would be pretty weak without their mana restoration abilities.
- Orcs: The 'old' Orcs. Wild and evil. With Warlocks, Necrolytes and even some Undead units. Never before have the Orcs been so dark!
- Trolls: the history of Azeroth mentions a troll war even before the Orcs came. Anyway, I decided on blue Trolls.
- Undeads: Even before 'The Scourge' came there were Necromancers, Dark Mages and Death Knights. Any questions?

SOME DETAILS:

THIS IS A MAP WITH 6 COMPLETLY NEW FACTIONS (Human, Dwarf, Bloodelf, Orc, Troll, Undead). EACH FACTION OFFERS
RATHER FEW UNITS (7-10). I BASICLLY TRIED TO CREATE THE RIGHT ATMOSPHERE FOR EACH OF THE RACES. THE WHOLE SETTING
IS RATHER WARCRAFT 1 ALIKE (dark and obscure). I TRIED TO KEEP BATTLES REALISTIC (units die fast). I WANTED A FAST
AND EXCITING GAMEPLAY (units are trained in 0.0 seconds) I WANTED A SIMPLE GAME CONCEPT WITH FEW BASE MANAGEMENT
(Players must conquer Blacksmithes/Lumbermills for resources) I WANTED WALLS AND GATES INCLUDED (gates open and close
on order) I WANTED A BEAUTIFULL MAP-DESIGN (there's loooots of shrubs)

THIS MAP IS ABOUT...

- Atmosphere
...the weather changes
...new background sounds (wind + crickets at night)
...I tried to create a new but yet Warcraft alike feeling
...very detailed map design

- Details
...injured units are bleeding for some time and move slowly
...crates that give the player gold/lumber can be picked up simply by moving over them
...some units get promoted automatically when they survive battle for a while (Footman becomes Captain, +10 Armour)
...units of the same type will move with slightly different movement speed to make their formation more dynamic

- Realism
...the propotions of units and buildings are realistic which means that units are pretty small
...most units die pretty fast
...riders can ride down enemies
...Flaming Arrows can be used to set fire to wooden units
...unit responses are in-game (Warcry when they attack, cast spells etc. - can be heart by the enemy, too)

-A New Game System
...the game is based on securing neutral buildings all over the map
...these neutral buildings increase the gold/lumber rate
...some factions can build fortifications (such as walls, gates, towers)
...Catapults and Ballistas are build in the field (in a box that breaks open once they're completed)

- Unique Factions
... I tried to create a unique gaming experience for each of the factions
... each faction has unique abilities which are typic for it (example: Humans are the only faction which is capable of trading Gold for Lumber/Lumber for Gold))

UNIQUE ABILITIES OF THE RACES (examples):

Human:
- The humans can trade gold & lumber at the market place

Dwarf:
- Ultimate unit: Heavy tank with 3 attacks

Bloodelf:
- Mana stores can always restore mana of surrounding mages

Orc:
- Leader units give bonuses to basic units (movement + attack speed)

Troll:
- Assassins are permanently invisible and won't be become visible when they attack

Undead:
- Necrolytes and Death Knights can Summon masses skeletons wherever they are

I will try to improve this map if I receive constructive feedback (this sentence sounds weird...)

Keywords:
race, races, nation, nations, faction, factions, old, wc1, wc2, war1, war2, capture, dark, evil, detail, detailed, full of detail, overuse of keywords
Contents

Tales Of Old Warcraft 0.3c (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - Date: 2012/May/27 11:50:55 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall...
Level 9
Promotion: Sequel

ToW II: ''First War Memorium''

features:
- almost limitless unit selection
- new units, abilities, structures, and upgrades
- doctrine system, giving a themed thematic focus to each race
- many unique models that can only be found in this map
- AI included

Attachments

• TrollVsHuman.jpg
    TrollVsHuman.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 1,679
  • Human.jpg
    Human.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 1,328
  • TrollVsUndead1.jpg
    TrollVsUndead1.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 1,017
  • TrollVsUndead2.jpg
    TrollVsUndead2.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 893
  • OrcVsHuman.jpg
    OrcVsHuman.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 1,015
  • Spiderriders.jpg
    Spiderriders.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 838
  • AttackingOrcWarlock.jpg
    AttackingOrcWarlock.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 707
  • OrcWarlock.jpg
    OrcWarlock.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 661
  • ElfMages.jpg
    ElfMages.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 893
  • SceneOfBattle.jpg
    SceneOfBattle.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 678
  • SomeOrcs.jpg
    SomeOrcs.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 577
  • GlobalOrderButtons.jpg
    GlobalOrderButtons.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 533
  • CombatSituation.jpg
    CombatSituation.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 641
  • CHANGELOGv0.3c.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 206
  • RoadSystem à la Warcraft 1 (COMING SOON).jpg
    RoadSystem à la Warcraft 1 (COMING SOON).jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 629
  • RoadSystem2 à la Warcraft 1 (COMING SOON).jpg
    RoadSystem2 à la Warcraft 1 (COMING SOON).jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
Level 4
Review :
Gameplay : not bad but can be better , kinda tactic but lacks diversity and lacks kinda everything in manner of teck-trees etc ... i suggest somethings here for you btw try to give every race a custom general ability for example orcs - ability name - madness ( when 30% below make him frenzy attack wich will make him lose 5 armor but in exchange 90% attack speed and 20% ms ) this is just an example i think you got the ideea . Animation of units are really boring make them a little bigger ... most of the people wont like to hardly see their units hp well gameplay can be very good but lacks diversity and lacks some more commands . and for spells try to give every tipe of unit like 2 passives and 1 active it will make the game very interesting . 3/5
Ideea : the ideea is good and you kinda trown it good in world editor but you forgot about somethings some are mechanics some are aestethical for example the human main building the barracks just look ugly on that kind of terrain and i really mean very ugly better use some brownish castle etc . 4/5
Fun factor : not too much you just have to spawn units and stuff no unobvious tactics no nothing you should make it a little more complex but understandable by players . by the other hand i like the battle thing where group of units beat other groups of units and so on . 3/5
Terrain : terrain is kinda good the blacksmiths and lumber mill kinda sucks on the map i suggest the only buildings should be built by players where they want and how they want them ... and diverse the terrain like make cliffs shores marshlands swamps etc but all understandable and no blocking pathers and stuff like that no use for that they suck badly so anyway . anyway terrain is good 4/5 for the effort i expect some remake of this map terrain.
Suggestions : aesthical problems like unfiting things in unfiting places , mechanics are good but not optimized to this tipe of map , the effort you putted in the map was huge i think etc ... nevertheless ill give you one piece of advice and you will understand the rest ... and the suggestion is this - Every unit is important ! make every unit special understandable complex and beatifull ( i can help you with this if you want ) .

Overall opinion : good mechanics but not fitten well ... good terrain but plain and just the same bullshit everywhere ... and not even simetrical ... unit ideea and logic is good and well made i like that but can be done better with some object editor review ... can be a very good map with some work to make everything special ... the rating for now is 3.5/5 !

Have a good day and happy map making !

Level 9
I updated. Map is 3.7 MB now. Should be playable in multiplayer. Did some minor changes to the map (I attached a chagelog to post #1)

@Masokist91: thanks for the review. I did some of the changes you suggested. Might do more in the future.

Last edited:
Level 35
judging from screenies, it looks like you have a good gothic atmosphere going which is one reason people liked the original Warcraft 1 so much.

also i notice the health values are incredibly low, indicating that you have some fast paced combat, or at least reasoned that high values of health aren't a necessity beyond being aesthetically pleasing when you have the damage values scaled accordingly.

mind you, such health values are typically used in turn-based strategies where it's a little nicer visually, i suppose, but it's good to see it's not just turn-based strategies that can implement this style of values.

as for the gameplay, i have yet to check it out, although i can't help but notice already that, for example, the humans have an axeman AND a footman as well as a leader, and i'm wondering what is the strategic difference between the axeman and the footman primarily, as the role of the 'leader' unit is somewhat predictable.

also be careful of that double post, a 'bump' requires a 48 hour gap i believe, and you only have a 24 hour gap

Level 9
(...) as for the gameplay, i have yet to check it out, although i can't help but notice already that, for example, the humans have an axeman AND a footman as well as a leader, and i'm wondering what is the strategic difference between the axeman and the footman primarily, as the role of the 'leader' unit is somewhat predictable.

spearthrowers have the ability to switch weapons making them fight with an axe which they should only do if enemy meele units get to close; the captain is not a leader unit. Footmen get promoted to captain when they survive battle. Its simply a footman with additional armour and different model. Only orcs have leaders.

also be careful of that double post, a 'bump' requires a 48 hour gap i believe, and you only have a 24 hour gap

Sorry didn't know that - won't happen again

Level 30
Map Review
Tales of Old Warcraft (Version 0.2d)

Rating System:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

Tales of Warcraft is an altered melee that is more on force control and offense rather than building tons of structures and harvesting resources. Due to the alteration, ToW has 6 races to be played, Humans prefer the trading mechanism in order to quickly purchase troops in battle, Dwarves rely on slow siege tanks but gains heavy dealing damages, Elves acquires magic in winning, Orcs gains speed bonuses to track down enemy lines or bases, Trolls are the only race who bares an invisible structure to use as scouts or strategic maneuvers, and finally, Undeads command summoning unit abilities. Game ends when an enemy main base is destroyed

"I appreciate on how much work you have done to build such a game where you balance all races and focus on only the units to win but sadly, some units(that I can't remember all the names) doesn't do much during battles, such as attacking buildings, gather boxes, etc. but still, everything works well."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"I'd say the design you made for the terrain is decent, either good or bad, I still prefer decent, the weather trigger, fogs and its surroundings actually blends itself during daytime and nightfall, but to enhance such details, I would suggest you add mountain walks that players can move in and gain upper ground attacks(such as the default wc3 setting were you gain attack and sight range in cliffs and attacking units in cliffs gives chances to miss), also water, remember the quote "control the water, and you control everything", not just how the quote would say but adding them as details is a must."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"After a quick checkup for bugs and trigger errors, I notice during in the lobby, when you don't add players to the game, the AI would start automatically, else it does not, it somehow works like a confused loop. also pressing the restart button doesn't restart the game but instead quits and starts in the lobby, I also found out the text in the "Map Info" that says "Map Control: 100%". what does it mean? is there anything that explains it when I move a unit or dash in an event? it would be great if you can elaborate more user manuals in the Quest box instead of stuffing all of the credit list inside since it is practically useless and waste of size for the map, and lastly, refrain from using too much foreign languages except for special name tags for weapons, units, map area, etc. Use English for players to understand what is happening around the game."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
10/1583%B

Level 9
@Orcnet: thanks for the review. reviews boost my motivation which is good, i guess...

(...) I also found out the text in the "Map Info" that says "Map Control: 100%". what does it mean? is there anything that explains it when I move a unit or dash in an event?

this is a relic of a game mechanic i once wanted to implement - but i never did so i will rather remove it or give purpose to it. Thx for the clue!

(...) and lastly, refrain from using too much foreign languages except for special name tags for weapons, units, map area, etc. Use English for players to understand what is happening around the game."[/i]

i didn't intend to have any foreign language ingame (only in WE some triggers and stuff that u never get to read ingame). If there is it's a bug. I definitely gotta check this!

Level 1
I tested the map and i looked at how to gain ressources and it say "secure blacksmith for gold income", ok but where are those blacksmiths?:ogre_rage:

I don't know if I'm the only to have this problem, but look at it.

Without that the race, terrain and models are very good chosen so for me this is 4/5!

Level 9
I tested the map and i looked at how to gain ressources and it say "secure blacksmith for gold income", ok but where are those blacksmiths? (...)

you get gold/lumber every 15 seconds - there were blacksmiths all over the map in an older version; in the current version you have a set income rate and there's no way of increasing it but i definitely gotta think of sth here...

(...) Without that the race, terrain and models are very good chosen so for me this is 4/5!

thanks!

Armour is british(english) and is correct.

i decided on british english because i thought it suited the medieval theme better - however i might go for american 'armor' if people dislike british 'armour' or get confused over it

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
I just tested your map, and found it well made, but rather dull at the game-play level.

English issues - the game interface text for "Wood" is still in german. Default player names are "spieler<number>" which I think is german as well.

I thought there would be some AI in the map but there was not. I tested the map alone vs computer (normal) and it literally did nothing.

I don't know if all the races have similar levels of completeness, but the trolls were quite boring. There were 2 buildings available (main structure and hideout) and all the unit training is done in 1 building, no upgrades.

Basically this feels to me like a map where 2 players horde up an army of 40 units and then try and out-micro the other for a quick win. Normally in a map like this, the player with better macro-management wins the game because they can keep track of their unit production and keep it constantly moving, but in this game there is no incentive to look at your unit producing structure at all because:

1. Unit production happens instantly
  2. Income is static
  3. Catapults are ultra-slow

My suggestion would be to focus on one or two races to start, and do something like this:

• Separate unit producing structures from the main building. This will allow players to use tactics like hiding barracks, and building proxy/forward unit producing structures.
  • Turn off the instant production of units as it hinders macro-management style gameplay.
  • Make income "level off" at high numbers to incourage players to spend their gold constantly, rather than hoard it.

One last thing, I wasn't in love with the loading screen. Might I suggest "A loading screen that shows the progress bar for all players"? http://www.thehelper.net/threads/how-to-make-a-loading-screen.29652/

Good luck with your map, I will come look at it again if you make a major update. For now I'd vote to keep the map, with 3 *. +reps as well.

Level 9
Id like that you made the AI work but aniway this is awesome for 2vs2 fight +rep for ya!

well thanks a lot... and you're right about the AI thing. now i don't know if you're aware there are trigger-based attacks when you single-play as Player Red but this system can't be compared to AI anyways and i'll defintely add real AI at some point

I just tested your map, and found it well made, but rather dull at the game-play level.

ok thanks for the 'well made' part... and yeah gameplay may need improvement. One thing i can tell u for sure is that i will add a more advanced ressource system.

English issues - the game interface text for "Wood" is still in german. Default player names are "spieler<number>" which I think is german as well.

thanks for being so precise! Now i can fix it. This style of comment is always wecome :)

Basically this feels to me like a map where 2 players horde up an army of 40 units and then try and out-micro the other for a quick win.

i tried to avoid quick win which is why all the starting units are rather useless against structures and basiclly only catapults and certain spells should be effective agaist any strucs. Also catapults are very slow and easy to counter (via Ballista, Spells) However i will check this and do my best to make quick win rather unlikely

One last thing, I wasn't in love with the loading screen. Might I suggest "A loading screen that shows the progress bar for all players"?

there's no reason not to do this so ok i'll change it. good suggestion btw

btw thanks for all of your suggestions i will consider them. oh and thx for rep. also i like your avatar picture it's probably the only normal picture around the hive :)

EDIT: Update coming soon (bringing some sort of AI whatsoever)

Last edited:
Level 2
looks pretty cool it has its BAZINGA something Im looking for this is a good map Ima try it out hope its as good as it looks

Level 2
nice game, 4/5
but can you create other modes like 4vs4 or FFA?

€: If you build an catapult with undead you are not the owner of the catapult.

Last edited:
Level 15
I think euro symbol is edit ! =D
Btw, this map looks great, too bad I dont have wc3 installed on my computer right now !
Great job mate !

Level 9
@MogulKahn: thanks to you mister; dk97 already pm'd me bout that € symbol =)

ok so far it seems people like how the map looks but gameplay is not versatile enough - i wonder what i should go for: more units or more structures or more abilities? i cant do all at once or ill be dead within a month ;)

Level 4
First of all, the elves could use more work, buildings, and catapults. It's like the map-creator didn't even try. The catapult will not attack buildings.

Elves are very uselss!

Secondly, the sound of the wind is very hard to stand. It's a bit annoying on the ears. Even if I play music in the background, it's still way to loud.

Suggestion: Maybe add a trigger like -windon and -windoff.

Thus far, I have only played with Elves and Humans.

Last edited:
Level 9
First of all, which version of the map did you play? Normal download or the alteration with bases - cos if it is the latter you must know that it is VERY early stage (as i mentioned in post #1)

It's like the map-creator didn't even try.

you make me sooo sad...

The catapult will not attack buildings.

It's called minimum range! You probablly had them placed to close to the target. Seems like i got to re-add the 'to close' interface message...

(...)elves could use more work, buildings, and catapults.

Work? Okay. Buildings? This map is not about base building, sir, i'm sorry. Catapults? Elves don't need them; use fire mages' meteor ability in combination with mana stores that restore the mages' mana - they will be just as effective against structures as 'regular' catapults

Secondly, the sound of the wind is very hard to stand. It's a bit annoying on the ears. Even if I play music in the background, it's still way to loud.

i might remove wind, allright...

Level 4
I really meant no offense to this. I'm sorry. :goblin_boom:

I was a little upset at first, because I really love Tower defense/maul maps. This is a cross between both RTS and Tower Defense. I absolutely love the concept. But, the execution was a little less than expected.

I will help where I can, if you're interested. Unfortunately, right now, I have five more weeks left before I get my Bachelor's degree. So, I am a bit busy. But, my wife and I love the concept, and once Battle.net is down for good, I would like to find a way to program it in either C++, C#, or Flash, and put it on an interactive website.

The Glave throwers were no where near the target. They still would not "Acquire" target. Not sure why. The human cat's did though. Maybe it's something to look into. You're doing great.

Again, I am sorry to make you sad. Maybe, my changing to a rating of 5 would help cheer you up. The fact that you responded so quickly, and was such a good sport about it, really made the map, and you the creator, excel at potential. Keep it up. I am looking forward to later releases. You're doing great! :goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Level 9
I really meant no offense to this. I'm sorry.

It's okay man. Don't panic...

I was a little upset at first, because I really love Tower defense/maul maps.

this missunderstanding may also be my fault as i put so many categories when i uploaded the map, including tower defense - clearly this map is no tower defense map at all (factions have 1 tower at most)

i will correct my error with the next update.

This is a cross between both RTS and Tower Defense.

This is why i put so many categories - however, by doing so i fool people who search the maps section for specific categories such as 'tower defense' - and this is no tower defense at all. I want no misunderstandings to occur so i will take care of the categorie problem...

I will help where I can, if you're interested.

everybody is free to edit this map (see post #1) You can help me with advise, too. However, I have no time for extended team work via internet. Sorry.

(...)and once Battle.net is down for good, I would like to find a way to program it in either C++, C#, or Flash, and put it on an interactive website.

i don't know anything about these programms but you can do all of this if you want. I mean... it's the internet, you don't need to ask me. Come on =)

The Glave throwers were no where near the target. They still would not "Acquire" target.

By 'Glave throwers' you mean ballistas, right? Well, they only attack catapults (it says so in the unit tooltip and when you hover your mouse over their 'attack type' button in the interface) and yet again, their range is incredibly high and i set minimum range accordingly- However, i might remove all the minimum ranges from the game as this seems to cause to much confusion

Maybe, my changing to a rating of 5 would help cheer you up.

Yes... yes it does... =)

however, i gotta say your initial rating kind of motivated me to start mapping again. Before this i was just checking on my map, but i didn't intend to further work on it. Now i feel like trying some stuff, maybe adding some new concepts.

Thx man!

EDIT:
okay the next update is gonna bring a new race selection system which allows players to actually see all the different factions' units before they choose
also there will be a new game feature i call it 'global orders'; they allow players to control their entire army using their main building's global orders; of course some micro management like using spells etc. still will have to be done 'manually' (by clicking units etc.)

Last edited:
Level 15
Played it today, and I can say this map is good and original, but it needs a lot of balancing and a lot of units are similar !

Last edited:
Level 9
i have figured out a way to make a street system like in Warcraft 1 (view corresponding screenshot in post #1)

consequently i will expand base building options in this game. The update should be in about 2 weeks

EDIT: the update will be delayed

Last edited:
:pird: Copied this map is created by Legal_Ease :thumbs_down:

LoL, no way. Look in the comments of my map. I admit to using Drogen's map as a base to start my map. He commented that I should give him credit. I apologized excessively and Drogen was gracious and has helped me incredibly since then. So no, he stole nothing from me. In fact it was the other way around. Hope that clears it up.

Level 2
This map is amazing. I looked at some races and until now it really started to give me that itch to play it with some friends. I already am thinking on some tactics that might be unfair:

-Using Orcs and spam their front line building. An endless stream of grunts.
-Spamming towers. Yes they cost much wood, but they do not have a limitation like food cost. (or so I think they do not have a limitation) Still if they build catapults I am forced to move out.
-Making a simple diversion and charging in with workers and create catapults on the spot to rush the town centre.
-If they are defensive (which they are) I will slowely blight the whole map with the necromancers. But hey... that would be their fault for letting me get so far. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Typing this even makes the itch worse XD thank you for the map. I WILL be enjoying this. :thumbs_up:

After playing:
-It was GREAT! My stratagies were not working at all. Playing against real people makes them counter my ideas. 2 mages can kill a spam of orcs. The towers can slowely be brought down. Charging with catapults is very risky. And necomancers are too expansive to spam. (however I managed to summon a Demon)
-The AI is not very intelligent. They just charge forewards. But it is enough to keep the pressure on the frontline. And a second player makeing the big moves.
-I could not find any base building apart from towers/reiforcement camps. I would like to see base building. But than it would not be the same as it is now... Maybe add gamemodes? Like arcade(now) and base building?
-Capturing windmills or sawmills does not seem to have any visual effect. So I don't know if it even does something. Maybe a counter that shows how many gold and lumber you get from which sources?

Last edited:
Level 9
This map is amazing. I looked at some races and until now it really started to give me that itch to play it with some friends. I already am thinking on some tactics that might be unfair:

-Using Orcs and spam their front line building. An endless stream of grunts.
-Spamming towers. Yes they cost much wood, but they do not have a limitation like food cost. (or so I think they do not have a limitation) Still if they build catapults I am forced to move out.
-Making a simple diversion and charging in with workers and create catapults on the spot to rush the town centre.
-If they are defensive (which they are) I will slowely blight the whole map with the necromancers. But hey... that would be their fault for letting me get so far. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Typing this even makes the itch worse XD thank you for the map. I WILL be enjoying this. :thumbs_up:

Thank you for your nice words. This map hasn't been updated in a while so I thought I should reply just to show that I noted your comment.
I will keep what you said in mind and if I have time I will look into it (studies keeping me busy but I'll see what I can do :p)

Level 9
Nice Map I Realy Like It. It Was one of The Best Maps i Seen.
Gameplay is good. Units are Balanced.
If You can Change The Terrain a Little(its so dark and Hard to Look at It)
It Could Be Even Better Than Before
5/5

Thank you very much. I'm actually working on a ''sequel''. It will include an intuitive squad control system so you can basically select an infinite amount of units and it still looks and feels natural :)

You'll like it.

And yes, the terrain will be overhauled so it looks nicer ;)

I will try to remember to tell you when it's released.

Thanks and + rep ツ