• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales of Kharnath - Forgotten Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello fellow forumers!

I am looking for major help, from anyone who think that my idea is worth a while. Im serious about this, and will not stop unless my team abbandons me, but sadly im alone at them moment, and my skills aren't the best.

Project

Tales of Kharnath
Fogotten Gods

The once might lands of Kharnath stod as an pillar of power, an kingdom ruled by gentle wise kings and queens, with inhabitants shining with wellfare, blessed by the ancient gods of might and glory. Here lived troll, human and elfs in peace, fighting only when cursed, and quickly stopped by powerful Clerics.
But everything has an end, and in a few months, something unkown corrupted multiple areas, convincing the creatures here that their religion was nothing but a lie. Beeing blinded by wealth, they didn't realise that they were on the path to doom, before it was to late.
The unkown succeded, once mighty ancient gods were banished forever, and forgotten in the reign of chaos that followed. Sisters and brothers fighted, former friends and loves decapitated eachother, and the mighty lands fell. Nothing survived the massacre that was formed, and as the blood of innocents filled the wealthy earth, the god of Plague transformed multiple kingdoms to rotten, deceased cities of only ghouls.
Other areas were claimed by The god of Blood, and the mighty Arcane Tree were invaded by the Almighty mind of the All-Knowing Defiler, leaving no trace of uncorrupted land anywhere.
But now, as the old gods have been realesed from their banishements, and the planet have been cured from a large part of the corruptors, life have begun to establish itself again, from all over the world, and an fight for survival has begun, only the strongest can survive, with or without the blessing of the Old gods!

Gameplay

Goal: Be the only God left
Playstyle: Single Unit Titan. Growing in power

The Gods are immortal hero based character, with all knowing power and might, BUT all their power is from one source: The Mortals. To get this power, they will need to make the tribes obey them, either by fear, or by only Faith.

The God player will chose from betwean 6-9 Different gods, lining from Evil, Good and Neutral masters. All have different powers, and they will have a skillset set up like this:
1 Non-Combat skills (Mainly speed buffs, increased gathering etc for tribes. Can also be non-combat regeneration)
1 Combat Skills (Direct assault skills, such as huge tornadoes, blood bioling demons or shadow orbs)
1 Buff Skills (Buffing tribes/self, can be any buff)
1 Finisher (Extrem powerful, turning the tide of battle skill, with this, the tribes will follow you)

All gods will have a total of 4 starting Skills, gathered in a spellbook, and being able to have up to 2 of them out for direct use with hotkeys.

These are the skills that each god can start with, but if their believers chose too, they will be able to learn up to 4 more skills, either Non-Combat, Combat or Buff skills. These skills will have to be researched by the Tribes themself.

As the game progresses, the Gods will grow more powerful, and if they want, they can at the end wipe out entire armies with just 3 or 4 combat skills.

The Gods have a rather uncomplicated gameplay, but they will have to chose what they want to do. Faith > Fear though, but you will almost never need more then 2 "Believers" / 3 "Fearers".

GODS CANNOT ALLY EACHOTHER

Goal: Be the only tribe/alliance
Playstyle: Modified Melee, No bases

The Mortals is a modified Melee type of game, but they rely a lot on the Gods. In the begging of game, they are weak, but all tribes are. They will have one leader, and can chose from 3 Different Tribes: Human Alliances, Elven Kingdom, Troll Tribes.

The Human Alliances are led by a Priest at the beggining, and they are high above on the Good side, gaining greater benefits from worshipping them. The have powerful non-blessed warriors, and a few devestating mages. They are Weak at gathering resources, but gain Faith fast.

Elven kingdom are oucast Elves, that are Neutral in Faith. They have medium powerful, but fast warriors. They rely a lot on surprise attacks, and have numerous assasains, who are greatly empowered by blessings. They have a very few amounts of Magicians, and starts with a druid as their leader. They are moderate at getting resources and Faith, and can worship any god.

Troll Tribes are wild savage warriors, who rely on Guerilla warfare rather then an direct assault. They are led by a Faith-Neutral Warlord, and can gain basicly any infantry, from healing priests to corrupted Warlocks. They gather Resources fast, but gain Faith slowly. Worship anyone who gives them power

The Mortals can chose their path during the game, they can remain neutral, being under heavy influence by their leader, or they can become either Devouted Followers of their "True" god, or become one of the Witchslayer guild, fighting against the superior magic forces around the world. All this is up to the player, but they can also remain neutral, not focusing on anything, becoming a Jack-Of-All-Trades

Mortals have a limited number of "Faith" they can give to Gods at a time, and can chose to follow multiple gods, or greatly boost a single one.

Mortals can Ally up to 2 Players

Terrain

The Terrain is focused arounds the tileset of Sunken ruins, with multiple heavy changed areas such as an old Human Trade city, a Ravaging Desert and a Great Vulkano. Most of the Areas will have different effects on units moving in them, such as being blinded by sand, Burned by the Lava, or being able to salvage old human goods.

There will be around 20 bases, where the tribes can establish, each in its own enviroment, and with its own benefits and drawbacks. Each leader will gain a special skill depending on where they establish their base.

Features

- Costum Gameplay
- New Resource System
- Unique spells and units
- New possibilities for every game
- Great modification avaliable
- Chose whatever you want, whenever you want!

What i need

- A Skinner/Modeler (Optional)
- A Triggerer (Optional)
- Map Tester (Not at this moment)

I will lead the team, and do as much as possible myself, but all help is greatly wanted

DONE

Idea - 75%

Status
Not open for further replies.