• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Challenge of the Gods ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello all , currently I need help for making a unique rpg .Details :
7 Challenges which heroes must complete in order to collect the sacred artifacts and destroy Thanatos , god of death
The challenges will be completely unique mini games and etc.

The map includes:
save/load system
triggered spells and items
cool attachments like wings
balanced heroes .
PVP arena where players will be able to fight whenever they want to
Survival Arena - team arena for earning money and upgrading your rank
Custom rank system - Quests for acquiring different ranks which will affect your gameplay
Good and Evil gameplay types (after finishing some quests you can become an evil person)
200 Levels and totally unique skill system (spell books for mages and etc)
Long gameplay featuring long hours of fun and interesting gameplay
Wide assortment of magic and combat schools (arcane , fire , water , air , earth , dark , light , might , power , swiftness , assasination and much more ..)
School combinations (like earth+water=wood and etc)
And much more ...

Currrent help needed:
Terrainer , who could make a nice environment , not the simple grass and dirt
Story and quest writer
Testers
And any other help that you can offer :)

Level 6
Hmmm... Story writing... Though I know that my forum is still 99.5% empty, check it in my sig. You might find something useful.

Level 13
I can do terrain for you. How much progress have you made?
And screenshots would be nice.

Well , I finished the rpg system (using RPG systems pack , which has save/load , regrows tress , respawns monsters , show exp gained/dmg done/spell casted visually and etc) Also created some of the heroes and bunch of items . (making more every day . Sorry , ain't got any screens tho :) Making spells at the moment

Level 15
Now, when I found out how to work with weu. Yes, I can make it.
And I could use a picture of minimap, how should it look like.

Level 15
I still can't test it if it works without WEU patch.
You test it, than tell me if the map started correctly.

Last edited:
Level 15
Good. The castle can be fixed easly. So I think we got our map.
EDIT: There has been a exstremly serious bug. I can't change the triggers at all.

Last edited:
Level 7
I was thinking if you had some kind of idea what the storyline should be?
Except the thing with the challenges :p

Level 13
I was thinking if you had some kind of idea what the storyline should be?
Except the thing with the challenges :p

Yeah , read carefully :D

''Gods have created the world , created all the living creatures , and ruled the world . But in time people completely forgotten about who created them and gods became annoyed . So 7 Gods (Anubis , Zeus , Odin , Loki , Thanatos , Ra and Hephaestus ) have created demonic beast of unimaginable power called Pandora to destroy the world . The only way to defeat Pandora is to complete the challenges of the 7 Gods and get the Sacred Artifact which can destroy Pandora . So few heroes have decided to complete the challenges and save the world . (not sure about the name Pandora , couldn't think of anything better)(ideas are always welcome) :)

Level 15
I didn't left! I think we should think of custom gods or the crewmembers can be gods.
Here are some:
Voltex (god of thunder)
Bess (god of flames)
Nigrutin (god of ice)
EDIT: I have to try again with the 480x480.
RE-EDIT: IT WORKED!!! I MADE A BUG IN PREVIOUS ONE!!!
I'm on it already.

Level 13
I didn't left! I think we should think of custom gods or the crewmembers can be gods.
Here are some:
Voltex (god of thunder)
Bess (god of flames)
Nigrutin (god of ice)
EDIT: I have to try again with the 480x480.
RE-EDIT: IT WORKED!!! I MADE A BUG IN PREVIOUS ONE!!!
I'm on it already.

AWESOME !! Thats great news !! Oh and also , I like your idea :) I guess the normal gods are a bit nostalgic xD

Level 15
I found the problem. The good thing is that we can avoid that bug, but the bad thing is I musn't change the filename of the map.
It must stay worldedit test map. But I can try to fix that.
EDIT: I've messed up badly. This NGWE is not complete for full use. I'll work with 256x256, and when they release rtc I'll expand the map.
RE-EDIT: I've ruined my entire WE. I have to reinstall it. Eh, sorry but I can't help you with terrain, yet. But I can help you with story and quests and maybe triggers.

Level 7
Well here is my first shot at a storyline.
See if it matches what you had in mind :grin:

Attachments

• Storyline.doc
    66 KB · Views: 109
Level 7
I don't really know if it's possible for me to write some quests without any kind of terrain though :p

Level 15
Barrens terrain is too little detailed, try adding wind. The mine, if you look closely there is grass around those rocky tiles, and there is no grass in a mine.

Level 7
Mmm whatever you do, try not to use WEU it adds thousands of useless stuff to your map, whether you want it or not.Anyways i can help with triggers if i have no work, but just part-time job, i am Advanced inGUI and intermediate in jass.

Level 7
Check the variables, and it bugged up our worms map for good =), there are many bugs in our map thanks to WEU in case you don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.