• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lords of Warcraft ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay so this is my first serious attempt at making a map of this scale, even if I don't finish it I really hope i learn a lot from it. That said I really want to finish this; I have been wanting a game just like it for 5 years now, and after waiting and waiting I finally thought to make it myself.

This Will be a multiplayer map in which
the player starts as a basic, newly trained unit(eg. a footman), depending on what race they choose to serve. Your race will have a commanding lord who will tell you what to do in one way or another. The main focus of the map will be to do well within your armies and rise through the ranks of your chosen aliegence. It will have a perma death system unless you have earned or bought a second chance from one of the great spirits. There will be periodic wars throughout a game between 2 or more opposing factions the result of these wars will determine the course of the game if
you are at War you CAN kill of a race entirely -- however This will be extremely dificult as cities will be very well defended and should only be attempted by a very high ranked player who can get unit support from their lord.

The rank structure will be from highest to lowest:

Lord.
General.
Captain.
Lieutenant.
Major.
Sergeant.
Private.

and here is a list of features i want to include:
[] Save/load
[] Rank system
[] Multiple Stories (war victory/defeat dependant)
[] Choice system
[] Large scale epic wars
[] Powerful Hidden Bosses
[] Defensive (or well hidden) Cities
[] Peace time Trading/Questing
[] Good terrain
[] Outpost system
[] Requesting Boon's from your Lord
[] Land Ownership
[] Any unit can be promoted so you REALLY have to prove your worth
[] Race Tolerance System -- (Eg Humans hate orcs and will not work with them during peace time but will tolerate the elves)

And ANY help would be apprecieated as to be honest my skills are rather lacking however that said I don't want other people to do everything for me I want to learn from this as well as make a great map

Level 6
Great! But I would like to see something that shows me that your good at triggering first because well four neg-reps is the most i have ever seen. oh and I really need a terrainer because my current layout and terrain is Fail >.<. Hmm voice acting i didn't think of that maybe later on add it to a few or all cinematics

Level 19
dude im started on lotr project to. Im currently doing 3 maps.

hero arena
aos
and this RPG lotr. I mae whole map with terrain deleted it choosed to remake terrain. I will make this exactualyl as Lotro online. I promisse i have some skillz.

I allread have systems. Just gona import them. Pretty simple. Im not expert at triggers but i know some basic and can import. Then i ask the pros for help about leaks and stuff.

But i think i wont have time rigth now for the lotr project and wana do my own RPG. Ofc you can join. But i want special. No wierd RPG. And 2 teams. Then im gona use cam system and arrow system. Many more systems.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/lotr-online-rpg-117794/

Terrain looks bad. I first used blizz cliffs removed them its wy he coplained- But it still looks bad so im remakign whole thing. And the skins where uggly i mae them to :S

Did you start it will be to much for me but i can help you implant the systems if i have time. And mybe some spells. I wont implant 100 spells though. But for example 5-10 spells is ok and 1-5 systems.

I have understandings because i know its hard understand as newb. I also started on a lotR map cleaned whole map. So now its just raise the cliff levels. I can send large map with alot of stuff implanted. Its totaly clean with water so you just can raise cliffs in the water and build with no blizz cliffs if you want the template so tell me.

Can implant movement system and arrow system and more if you want. Also prob tavern system.

Think i posted in wrong this aint lotr right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.