• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scion ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
What is this?:
It's an ORPG I'm creating that will try and remove some repetitive game-play from the usual ORPG's found. Some things that will be included are quests and mini-games. As well as the ability for other people to do things like fishing, farming and other non-combat related abilities.

Story:
"Long ago before thou was born. A tale as old as time, much like every other tale was spun into life by the great one's hands. Not a lone hero would save the day, but a band of heroes, brought together by many causes, would soon vanquish evil from that day. The fates foresaw that even if the evil one would have fallen, he would rise again a thousand years later. And so it has been. Though the great heroes of yore have long deceased, their spirit and cause lie within you. However, this time, evil is not alone..."

Heroes:
I decided that the heroes should be plentiful since I don't want people to use a single or a few heroes over and over again. I want variety so that people would want parties instead of playing with just a few friends.

Skills and Stats:
For the skills and stats, we will use stat points with a maximum hero level of 100. As for the skills, all skills are available at the start, but not all the skills will be as powerful since they will start at level 0, meaning you'll have to acquire the skill first before you can use it, then you'll have to max out the skill using skill points. This would mean that not all the heroes will be the same, and you can have a unique hero which is quite different from one another.

Equipment:
We will probably using an equipment book, where you'll be able to equip a lot of equipment without being limited to the 6 slots given for items, instead, you'll be limited to how much stuff you can put on your body. >.<

Quests:
The quests will not always be the "kill this quest". For variety, we will be including some things like a Protect the [Insert Name Here] quest where your goal is to keep the [INH] alive whilst wiping out other creatures, so that we can have something different for a change. There will also be quests which require you to use your non-combat skills to finish the quest. Lastly, we'll also have a dungeon system.

Farming, Fishing and Such:
These non-combat skills will be implemented so that you won't have to grind all the time. Farming will be like summoning a building which you can acquire as an item, which you can then sell. Fishing will be like the game Go Fish. You'll use a rod and bait to catch fish. So as not to abuse these skills. You will have to pay for the materials to start Production.

Save and Load System:
Hopefully, when the save and load system is implemented, the person will be able to save and load his Character, Level, Gold, Lumber, Inventory, a Certain amount of Storage items and skills. Also, this will be infused with your name so that it's only for you.

Okay, I'm in need of:
Terrainer
Triggerer
Jasser

Since I don't want to be a tag along, I shall be in charge of the Story and Plot. The Idea Factory, but I'll accept any ideas from the group. I will also be in charge of the website. Hopefully, I can also learn how to trigger so that I won't be completely useless. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.