• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An EPIC Orpg in the making!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I NEED A BIGGER TEAM AND A MASTER OF JASS!!!

Hello, We have a master terrainest (SuXoR) and almost the whole map done (not including the dungeons and mini-games that will be added) and me and my friend (Progamingleague) working on skills, items, units, and heroes. The only thing we are missing at the moment is someone who is a master at jass. This game will be one of the most epic orpgs ever released. We plan on making heroes as freely customizable as possible. (Plans) You will choose your basic class and enter the world and will find jobs to make money instead of your normal killing units for cash. Some jobs that should be available to start would be something along the lines of...
Hunter- Your master gives you a goal to bring him back X amount of animal meat or X amounts of hides.
Farmer- There is a field were grains will randomly spawn and your have to collect X amount and bring them back to the master.
Fisher- We need a basic fishing system, something along the lines of you use an item near water and either catch a fish or wait somewhere around 10 seconds and try again. You'd have to catch X amounts of fish to complete his goal.
Solider- There is a constant war going on and you will help your army fight. Your goal will be to kill X amount of units and return to your master.
-----------------------------------------------------------
That's some of the jobs that should be available once we find someone to code the systems. Also with each class will be a set of skills that you will receive after you finish the mini-quest line and master the your job. Each player will be limited to one jobs each. Also with each job there will be a mini-boss at the end.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Another way I thought of to make your hero even more custom is to add two other mini-classes. One of the other classes will be to master an element. On your journey you will come across a few strange NPCs that could have something to teach you. Lets say you find the master of ice. You could start doing his quest line and eventually become a master of ice. Some other elements should include- Fire, Poison, Water, and Lightning, to start. Another other way is a more simple system of were you can simply talk to any of the worshipers of the gods around town. And again complete there quest line and ultimately master that skill and unlock the set of ability's that come with it.
Completing these 3 systems will ultimately leave you with 100s of ways so customize your hero.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This orpg is planed to be a slower paced orpg were you have to take your time and actually play it to become good at it. The items will not be over powered and you probably will end up be needed to play with a team if you want to succeed in it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So those are just the basic plans that will be needing to come to life, are you interested?

Last edited:
Level 8
Can you maybe release a changelog, where we can see the current progress. Example:

12.4.2018: Terrain overworked and systems added (now progress is about 96% done)
23.5.2018: Last closed betatest finished. Soon going to upload it on THW.
24.4.2018: Map uploaded on THW (hope, it will be a success)
25.4.2018: Map rejected by moderators of THW, because it would be too bad. (personal thought: i hate THW. destroy the server, i must)

(This example was just something for fun and it doesn't represent my feelings/thoughts)

Level 6
I don't think this sounds too good :/
The job system sounds very boring, i would rather grind than farm, hunt or fish.

The element system sounds cool, but nothing new really.

Status
Not open for further replies.