• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any takers joining for an orpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
im making a new orpg named BlackFathom Myths and would like to recruit about 2 people maybe..

This will have multiple classes and to learn abilitys you will need to purchase tomes from class trainers..

And i do need help with that trigger and the spell book trigger so i will need one trigger person..

Ill have this like a massive kind of orpg and maybe as a team id like to decide what size we should put the map to be but i was thinking of 480 x 480 so we can make dungeons...

i might also need a terrainer and unit/item makers and abililty makers

So if you would like join in this project..

Please contact at [email protected]
or here

Level 2
Can i help? I can be the terrainer and item maker. And ability maker too. I've got knowledge of triggers as well, though it's limited. Though I might do some triggering myself if I have to. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
There's no need for an epic sized map. Just like what Ham Ham said. Make the doodads and units smaller. And camera closer. But wouldn't that look like that the cliffs and trees are like, giant massive things?

Anyway ... I could be the ability maker then and item too.

Level 4
Oh ok your in :) Ham ham and C4pt4in and sry i took kinda long i thought i didnt post it cause it was moved lol

Level 8
I'd like to join too, i can trigger or create items for your map (not trying to brag here just tryin to let ya know what my fields are) As far as triggers go, im more of a boss encounter, cinematic, and quest person, and where items are concerned, My strongest field is coming up with good names (who cant) I can test and balance the item pretty well, as well as find out what bonuses would fit the item itself. My only weak points is JASS, still learning it.

As for the ORPG part of your map is concerned, I've made sevral in the past, so im pretty experianced there, and as far as the dungeons go, imo useing a save/load code works perfect, that way you can devote an entire map to the dungeon and vary the size depending on how big the dungeon is. Also you can change the sky and fog and other environmental effects to give it a more dungeoney feel.

Heres hoping its a good map when its done!

Level 4
yes, I was looking for a trigger person who was really good. By the way, Do you know how to make Spell books when they learns these Abilitys?. You can be a trigger person and a Quest maker.

Your in :)

Level 8
Hmmm, iv used spellbooks and abilities, although iv never tried combining the two when a unit learns an ability. If you mean have one spellbook and then when a unit learns a new spell add it to the spellbook, i don't have any knowledge about how to do that. Although im sure theres a tutorial or two that can't require too much digging to find, i'll search after this post, and fill ya in when i learn how.

Level 8
Wierd, out of all the threads i found most of em say that the only possible way to add spells to a spellbook is to make a seperate spellbook for every possible ability combination.

EDIT: Yay a thread that doesn't say its impossible! If by add spells to a spellbook you mean one spellbook per hero then the abilities can be enabled/disabled and have their lvl increased with triggers.

Last edited:
Level 4
Yeah, First we have to Make the Ability's and assign it to each hero of which chosen to then(Also the terrain to). Hopefully you will get the map by this week or so.

Sorry for the late.
I was busy on these last days, but, there is some screenshots.
But, I was downloaded the Ultimate Terraining Map and I will restart it.
But the concept will be basicaly the same. what you think?

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 103
  • Image2.JPG
    Image2.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Image3.JPG
    Image3.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 103
Level 4
Nicely done, Where can u get the Ultimate Terraining map?
Ive seen old ones and tehy have some Nice Sunken Ruin Models i mean they are rly nice!

Wonder what are in the ones u got hah :)

Level 3
It would be realistic for the cliffs and trees to be massive, just like in real life lol. You can just call every tree and doodad u cant change to redwood trees/ Ancient Civilization stuff lol.
Edit: oh yeah srry cant join XD

Sorry for late in the terrain nad late to post, I was so busy on the last weeks =/

I not sure if I can finish it on the next week, but I will try.

I sugest you already begin the object data, the creeps, heroes, items, abilities, etc.
And, when you finish it, and I finish the terrain, just import all to the map.

Do you finished the "map" of the temples inside?

i cant post any screenshot now because I arent on my pc now =/
If I get some time tomorrow, I will post new screenshots.

Level 8
Well...Liklers has put me to work making some quests for each class. Atm I'm working on a warlock quest chain. So (Hope I'm not crossing any boundaries by asking this)(this directed at Ham Ham since he is the terrainer) I would like to ask (with Liklers' permission of course) If 4 areas that are similar to the region in the third screenie (top left, a small coral bay) could be turned into small oasis, with the Ruins Stone doodad outlining it to make a 1/2 circle, and a ruins obliesk in the middle with the remains scorched doodad around it. If this isn't possible don't sweat it, the quest chain shouldn't be too hard to change. lol sry for so many ( and ), wasn't quite payin attention >.<

New WIPs

The Pirate Vilage is done

I will stay posting each island when I dont it.
But, theres still no prevision of when the map is going to be finished.
I am having lots of tests at school, but, my vacation will begin in 1 week, and I will have much more time to finish.

How the progress of the object data is going?

Attachments

• Bay.JPG
    Bay.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Center.JPG
    Center.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 128
Level 8
Earlier today, I took in my WC3 CD to get it re-surfaced, so I may be inactive for up to five days cuz school doesn't give me much time to drive to get it back. If you want, you can find someone else to fill in for me if you don't want to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.