1-7 Player Survival Map
Build structures, craft items, and hunt animals to survive. A rescue helicopter comes in 30 minutes.
- Physics-based skiing (jumps and skids)
- Procedurally-generated terrain and forests
- Emergent animal behavior and AI
- Wolf Lichen has one extra charge, but oh well.
- Stable Release. I mean it this time =P
- Improved predator and prey AI.
- Added Wolf Lichen (a poison) that can be dragged onto either meat or arrows
- Fixed game-ruining bug >.> whoops!
Discoveries while making this map (they're new to me):
- Powerup items, when consumed, don't get removed from the map. So if your AI has "get xxx item from the ground", it will keep trying to grab the same item even after it's been consumed. Have to remove powerups manually w/ the Unit Acquires Item Event.
- The Event Unit Loses Item needs to have a small delay inside it because the item isn't immediately dropped upon calling.
- Destroying a group that has been declared but not created will stop further execution of code following the destroy call. That means your code will not work and be hard to debug.
- You have to set handles = null even if you remove them. So call removelocation(loc) doesn't cut it. Have to set loc = null afterwards. Otherwise the map will leak.
- Units cannot rapidly change facing direction. This means you can't accurately depict rotational velocity/spins.
- Terrain generated with the "setterraintype()" function does not update to the minimap. This means my map looks blank even after I add the terrain.
- Trees generated with the "createdestructable()" function do not update to the minimap. This means you can't see trees on the minimap in this map.
- Increasing the number of trees in a map can cause stuttering with war3's built-in pathfinding.
- Fly height isn't affected by terrain height, but it does show up on the map. So a helicopter flying over hill will rise up as it flies over and fall back down as it clears it. The fly height will remain the same.
- Changing terrain height in-game causes desynchs somehow.
- Changed terrain height in-game looks flat in the fog of war.
Version 2009.12.10 (Fourth Release)
Title: Taiga Survival Description: Warcraft III Custom Map
Copyright (C) 2009 Daniel Griffing
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
survival, ski, proceduralgeneration, ai, yeti