• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Swapping weapons - Transformation abilty may be the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yesterday I tried to something that I thought i could make in seconds. But i was wrong: make a unit swapping weapons, from sword... to bow and arrow.
First thing first i created two versions of the same unit, with two different attachments and way they fight. But then, when i tried to add the morphing ability of the Druid simply putting the Unit B instead than the Bear... nothing happened. I realized the unit doesn't get morphed at all.

Can somebody explain me through a screen if i need triggers or what?
I want a unit to "swap weapons" but it has to keep the same health bar and mana.

Thank you very much, again.

Level 4
you need to make sure the unit it is morphing to also has the morph (or morph back) ability
Well that's clear. I gave to Unit A the custom ability. But curioisly, as I told, it doesn't work.
I even tried to just switch the Bear to... let's say... a Dryad, in order to check, at least, if the Druid would morph into a dryad.
Result? The druid got the dryads skills, but not her model, not her voice, not her long rangg attack. Just the passive ability.
Do you know what could i do about it?

Level 21
strange. this is something that should be pretty simple to do with just the object editor.

first - make sure that both of the units work independently. place a separate one of each in the WE and make sure the way you set up the unit works as it should (independent of the morph ability). If both of those work fine then make sure you did all of the following:

in the bear form ability make sure the following fields are set correctly:

• Data - alternate form unit -
  • Data - normal form unit -
  • Data - Unit skin list -
  • Techtree requirements -

besides that, just what I previously said - both units A and B need to have (your version of) the "bear form" ability.

this works just fine on my maps.

with two different attachments and way they fight

did you edit the model itself, or do this through triggers? if you did it through triggers that could be causing the problem. bc it is still actually the same model... if it is two different model files then ignore this...

Status
Not open for further replies.