• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Supremacy 1914

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Round 5 started.
password:
Lolwuthax

THW #5

• United Kingdom - Firelord213
• Spain -
• Austro-Hungaria -
• Sweden - Bounty Hunter2
• Ottoman Empire -
• Morocco -
• Russia - GhostWolf
• Italy -
• France
• German Empire - PurplePoot

Last edited:
I am Swedden so I have kinda imba wood and ore, which are the most precious resources so I don't consider it much fair. But okay I agree with you on that, you can achieve everything by trading, making the country survive based on economy is an achievement.

While wood is useful for harbors to increase income, Wheat and oil are the most precious resources. Iron is good for basic structures, but becomes useless to have a ton later since so many non-player countries have it. Oil is only found in large amounts at two areas (Russia and Morocco), while Wheat is just incredible. It's used to supply barracks which can outproduce infantry.

Personal experience generlaly doesnt count, but I was playing as Austria Hungary, and Germany attacked me from the bat with a massive force. However, defending down to the last man my border countries, I used AUstrias wheat supplies. With 6 fortresses, I produced enough men to conquer all but Berlin and Hamburg in 3 turns...though I was invaded shortly after. Im still alive though, so thats a plus.

Personal experience generlaly doesnt count, but I was playing as Austria Hungary, and Germany attacked me from the bat with a massive force. However, defending down to the last man my border countries, I used AUstrias wheat supplies. With 6 fortresses, I produced enough men to conquer all but Berlin and Hamburg in 3 turns...though I was invaded shortly after. Im still alive though, so thats a plus.

After everyone's built loads of barrackses then wheat becomes almost as useless as wood late-game.

Level 35
The downtime's just decided G3 I reckon...I lost like 41,000 men before I could even reposition shit, and that was in a level 2 fort. In addition, Ottomans also caught Russia offguard, so I wasn't able to reinforce. Silly retarded downtime.

The Ottomans had a downtime too, and Russia was expecting it anyway. He just didn't take the threat seriously enough.

After everyone's built loads of barrackses then wheat becomes almost as useless as wood late-game.

Not really, as wheat, if it disappears, just ruins your morale. I'd say I've lost one game already to to to many barracks consuming wheat in the down time (about 1/4 of my provinces have revolted against me, and Sweden is attacking)

Level 34
Built as much barrackses you can hold, not as much as possible. Building to the landmass maximum is good but only for a very short period of time.

Or do what Piecake said.

Level 40
That's referred to as cheating and a bug in the game engine (which the devs are working on at the moment), if I understand you correctly. You can 1-1-1 at intervals them to distract them, but you aren't allowed to split your army up into a million groups of 1 all in the same place with the same order to abuse the battle system.

Screw railguns. Real men mass artillery with battleship support. I only really mass railguns when I'm Great Britain or Sweden, though usually battleships with Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.